HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

Mario Kart 8 pre-orders boost the game to #1 on Amazon Japan

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/02/mario_kart_8_accelerates_to_number_one_on_amazon_japan

Hopefully this is indicative of good things to come as far as the Wii U goes. Apparently, buzz about Mario Kart 8 in Japan is extremely strong at the moment, with pre-orders for the game pushing it to #1 on the best-selling video games list on Amazon Japan at the moment.

Mario Kart Wii was one of the best-selling games on Wii, so let's hope that 8 can be the system seller that Nintendo needs it to be right now. :)

Too bad this would never happen in the US. I guess with the PS4 not being out and Japan not caring about Xbox the Wii U is naturally going to come out on top being the only current-gen system they have, but it's still good news anyway.

I can promise you, Nintendo, that by the end of this year I'll have a Wii U... somehow... 

That is good but we need this in the US too.

I can promise you, Nintendo, that by the end of this year I'll have a Wii U... somehow... 

Just snag one once Gamestop starts clearance out their excess stock to make room for teh hardcore PS4 and Xbone stuff.

Just snag one once Gamestop starts clearance out their excess stock to make room for teh hardcore PS4 and Xbone stuff.

If only I got a discount on consoles.

You don't get discounts on consoles?? :o

weak.gif

Yeah, neither do I at my job. It's a damn shame, it is.

With that said, the recent MK8 trailer has me hyped. I will pre-order it as soon as possible.

Yeah, neither do I at my job. It's a damn shame, it is.

With that said, the recent MK8 trailer has me hyped. I will pre-order it as soon as possible.

Where do you work at?

I definitely don't get a discount on any games at my work :(

Where do you work at?

I definitely don't get a discount on any games at my work :(

A place called Hastings. I get discounts on games (about as much as tax), but not on consoles. Well, actually, I do on used consoles, which are actually pretty big ones.

A place called Hastings. I get discounts on games (about as much as tax), but not on consoles. Well, actually, I do on used consoles, which are actually pretty big ones.

That is pretty cool. Better than my work place haha.