HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sailor Liztress

Recent Gaming Purchases

Given that Game Podunk is a community of people who love video games, it makes sense to have a spot where we all list off our recent video game purchases. There's no format you have to follow and if you don't want to share how much you spent on the titles, that's fine.

I went to GameStop yesterday and bought a few games. I got Just Dance 3 for the Wii, Batman: Arkham City for the PS3, Dungeon Siege 3 for the PS3, and Professor Layton and the Curious Village for the DS. They were all used except for Just Dance 3 which was on sale.

• Like 1

Number 905    136

I was in the mood to play something very anime, so I ordered Tales of Vesperia last week. Should get here tomorrow or Saturday. I also ordered Nier today since Amazon had it for $15.

I'm wanting to play Nier. Let me know how good it is when you play it?

Number 905    136

Will do, but it'll probably be after Vesperia, so it could be a bit.

Also forgot to mention that I preordered the Indie Royale Valentine's Bundle as well.

Steve Bitto    149

Nier is fantastic! Play it immediately!

PS: I just picked up Twisted Metal from Lockerz for $41.99 and I'm eyeing Uncharted: Golden Abyss for $35.99!

barrel    379

Ok, Tyler already broke the ice about me feeling awkward about ordering new games from Lockerz. I mean my last couple of new game transactions have actually been from there, if I see another one of those Christmas time sales come around I'll be a happy camper...or a poor one.

Technically my last purchases were Dark Souls, KOFXIII, LOZ: Skyward Sword and MS points from there (also got a cool free carrying bag). Aside from that my pre-orders for certain rpgs on Amazon will be fulfilled soon, so I expect to get Devil Survivor 2 and Tales of Graces soon enough (actually I have like 2 rpgs pre-ordered for each following month...this could be a problem). I'll probably also burn my gamestop giftcards and promo codes (since my $10 expires next month) on Neptunia 2 when it releases, so if I dislike it I can shrug it off and pretend it wasn't my money, at least not much of it.

Nier does have a cult-like following, I kind of had a love hate relationship with the game personally, but I can see why people enjoy it. But Tales of Vesperia is a solid game, probably good for the anime-game fix (and then some).

Jared    167

I just bought Ocarina of Time 3D from a pawnshop for $9 the other day.

Leah    112

Umm just won Echo Night for PS1 on eBay yesterday... :) So that should be coming soon for me!

Jordan Haygood    350

Last I remember (before that horrible accident), I got the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii), Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Wii), Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii), Rayman Origins (Wii), Professor Layton and the Last Specter (DS), Final Fantasy XIII-2 (360), Batman: Arkham City (360), and possibly a few others I'm forgetting. Also, my roommate got his PS3 out of pawn, so now I have one of those to play.

Rex705    359

The last 2 games I got where NeverDead and Jak and Daxter HD collection. NeverDead was awesome but I regret getting Jak and Daxter with it's poorly done cam that wont let you see anything making you fall to your doom over and over again.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Darkness II, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time [3DS].

I broke back and pre-ordered Borderlands 2 for the PS3. It's one of few titles I'm really wanting to get this year. Also took advantage of some of the free titles for PS Plus members and got the Sega Collection thing. And that was mainly for Comix Zone and the Sonic games.

Technically I have the CE of Mass Effect 3 on its way to me.

I also bought the IndieGala bundle (the biggest one).

bink    33

Considering ordering Mass Effect 3 but haven't pulled the trigger. Aaaaaah should I do it? I don't know if I'm really feeling the pre-order/new game price. I'm usually one to wait until it's been out for a while, but I sure have been enjoying the multiplayer. Hmmm..Decisions, decisions!

Also although not a purchase of my own, I did recently win Battlefield 3 from Game Deal Daily so I'm super excited to play that!

TKtheknight    960

I haven't purchased anything since last year, but I did preorder Mass Effect 3. Also Nier is fantastic and I loved it.

I got the Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom Limited Edition from Amazon. :D

I wanted to get that edition. Might still though I have the digital one on my PSP.

Kezins    335

I just bought Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom on Amazon for $4.95. That's really the only recent purchase for me other than Final Fantasy XIII-2. I'm still busy with Skyrim, so I really don't need to buy too many games.

• Like 1

John Kidman    209

Last Purchase: 13-2, Lumines

Pre-orders that have been pre-paid: ME3, Xenoblade, Tales of Graces f and Star Wars Kinect

Next to buy: I'm going to give in and buy Tales of the Abyss for 3DS, Last Story (not sure if they started taking pre-orders yet)

Steve Bitto    149

I just picked up a N7 hoodie from Bioware! It's sick.

I plan on preordering Mass Effect 3 and possibly Last Story or Xenoblade since they have Jason's stamp of approval (just picked up a Wii last week)!

Kezins    335

I just picked up a N7 hoodie from Bioware! It's sick.

I plan on preordering Mass Effect 3 and possibly Last Story or Xenoblade since they have Jason's stamp of approval (just picked up a Wii last week)!

If you just picked up a Wii, at least you have a bunch of good games you'll need to play. I'm running out of stuff to do on my Wii... I've already played all the good games. That Last Story and Xenoblade will be the last 2 decent games I think.

Well, I got a Vita last night. And today I downloaded the Hot Shots Golf game for it. Debating on pre-ordering Disgaea 3 for it. I know I'll get it, just not sure if I ought to pre-order now.

The last 4 games I bought were Batman: Arkham City (360), Brutal Legend (360), Gears of War 3 (360) and Saints Row: The Third (360). I've enjoyed all of them so far, though I haven't finished the Gears campaign or the SR story mode (About halfway through each).

Side note: Saints Row reminds me how ridiculous and fun a game can be, it has pretty much a little bit of everything and I love that about it.

Andres    3

The last game i brought was Rayman Origins, Next game i plan to buy is Naruto Generations. =]

• Like 1

TKtheknight    960

I preordered Mass Effect 3 from Newegg and the last game before that was Alpha Protocol from Best Buy Black Friday sale last year. My resolution was to cut my spending on games and so far pretty good since ME3 is the first game I will buy this year.