HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sailor Liztress

Recent Gaming Purchases

I traded some stuff at a local store and used the credit to get Mortal Kombat X, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (I had it on 360 but traded that system so I got the PS3 version), Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers, Mutant League Football, and Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed. I hadn't planned on buying MKX until there was a complete version with the DLC on disc, but since I had enough trade credit to not actually spend real money on it I was like eff it, I can sell the base game and buy the complete one after it's been out a while and gets cheap. I did it with MK9 and Injustice and I can do it again. xD

• Like 1

Bought a lot of stuff from the trip. All gaming!

-Infamous Second Son PS4 $4 on clearance. I don't have a PS4, but couldn't pass this up and it was the last copy at Shopko

-2 Mortal Kombat X shirts around $2-3 each, but got 2nd for free. Employee gave me a sweet discount. It was on clearance at Gamestop.

-Bought the entire stock of Mass Effect Minies at Gamestop. 97 cents each clearance and got em all under 8 bucks. Got all the characters except Illusive Man. Got some extras. Extra Wrex is going to Venom.

-Castlevania Lord of Shadows GOT Edition 360 used $9 (Thanks Venom for testing the codes out and it worked. I wanted PS3 version, but it never lowers in price and PS3 can't read discs anyways so I'll settle for 360 version).

-4 of 97 cent Scribblenaut Remix minies. Not bad. I got Lex Luthor, 2 Ultramans, and a Green dude.

-Spec Ops the Line, Borderlands 2, and Mafia II all in Rogues and Outlaws Collection pack 360 for $12

-Used Enchanted Arms 360 for $2.

-2 of 97 cent Rabbid Keychain (AC and Watchdog). I gave my bro AC and I got the Watchdogs one.

-$10 Frizea Funko Pop. I have all the DBZ ones except for him and regular Goku.

-Dark Souls II 360 Collector's Edition $25 (well this one I ordered when I got home cuz I saw CAG deal on twitter. Dat statue!)

In total I spent about $65-70 including tax on gaming stuff. I think that's all. I'd say got sweet deals. If they weren't on clearance or at regular prices, I'm sure I'd be spending over $150 on these lol.

Also random add on purchase. . .I bought Oreo Cookies - Smores and Red Velvet Cake flavor. 2 for like 4 dollars lol.

• Like 2

Welp making up for missing AWD deals on 50-80 dollar PS3s, I woke up super early on watching eBay bids on PS3s. . . .and I won. Ended up winning a used 12gb Super Slim PS3 for 69 bucks (66 plus 3 dollars shipping). Not bad considering the bids I've seen have been over 80-100 dollars. Got my priority of getting a replacement PS3 done. I think that should be it for gaming purchases and should hibernate til Black Friday lol.

Also quick tip, I noticed that you can win cheaper stuff with a good chance at early in mornings when people are still sleeping since during the day bidders are active. Like they said early bird gets the worm lol.

• Like 2

I bought Zombi, Grandia II, and Super Win the Game on Steam. I'm not sure why I didn't wait for a discount on Zombi, but it is a Ubisoft game, so it's not like it'll ever get a decent one anyway. xD I'm also planning on buying Gunvolt when it drops on Steam, so I guess this is a pre-emptive strike post on that.

• Like 1

I bought Zombi, Grandia II, and Super Win the Game on Steam. I'm not sure why I didn't wait for a discount on Zombi, but it is a Ubisoft game, so it's not like it'll ever get a decent one anyway. xD I'm also planning on buying Gunvolt when it drops on Steam, so I guess this is a pre-emptive strike post on that.

I like the purchases you got except Zombi. It's cheaper on Wii U these days unless you bought it for trophies lol. I love that you got Grandia. That is the only Grandia game I ever played. When I first got a PS3 I rented that game, but never beat it. One of the first JRPG games aside from FF to ever play on PS2. I wonder if Grandia II would run on my laptop. I wouldn't mind buying that game, but being a CAG, I hope a Black Friday sale. . .or someone donates me a copy. >.>

• Like 1

I like the purchases you got except Zombi. It's cheaper on Wii U these days unless you bought it for trophies lol. I love that you got Grandia. That is the only Grandia game I ever played. When I first got a PS3 I rented that game, but never beat it. One of the first JRPG games aside from FF to ever play on PS2. I wonder if Grandia II would run on my laptop. I wouldn't mind buying that game, but being a CAG, I hope a Black Friday sale. . .or someone donates me a copy. >.>

Well, I don't care about Steam achievements, I just wanted to be able to play the game and actually see what I was doing. The WiiU version actually came with my console, but I didn't play it very long because the game was so dark (visually, not like, atmosphere or anything) that I could barely see and turning the brightness up just made it look washed out. Since it's partially my TV's fault for having weird black levels that I can't seem to fix, I went with PC. That and keyboard+mouse controls since it's first-person. Aww yeah.

As for Grandia II, this'll be the first time I've played it in a long while, since I had it for Dreamcast and haven't owned one of those in years. I'm looking forward to jumping back into it. :D And I don't see any reason why it wouldn't run on your laptop. Probably the only thing it wouldn't run on is like a really really old computer, lol.

Not really "purchases" since they were free, but a really nice guy on NeoGAF sent me some games he was clearing out :)

ZH5b.jpg

aI5b.jpg

bI5b.jpg

• Like 2

That free car wash is the real deal there.

• Like 2

Huh, has no one really posted anything in this thread since September? That doesn't sound right. o_o

Anyhoo, I bought Donkey Kong Country for $5.60 in the recent Wii U eShop sale that started this week. :)

I also bought four games through the Indie Game Flash Sale on PSN today!

Hohokum (PS4) - $3

Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4) - $3

Escape Plan (PS4) - $2.25

Race the Sun (PS4) - $2.50

Not a bad haul, imo! :)

How am I ever going to find time to play these...

From the eShop I also bought Dankey Kang Country, as well as Paper Mario since I did a system transfer from Wii and was able to get it for a discount. From the PSN sale I bought Dungeon Defenders, Aeternoblade, and NekoBuro: Cats Block. And lastly from Internetland I bought Chibi-Robo: Ziplash with the amiibo. Then I was informed amiibo don't work on the old 3DS models without the NFC reader so it'll just have to be a really cute paperweight.

From the eShop I also bought Dankey Kang Country, as well as Paper Mario since I did a system transfer from Wii and was able to get it for a discount.

I still need to do this (keep meaning to, but you know xD) so I can get the discount as well, lol. How long did it take to move everything over?

I still need to do this (keep meaning to, but you know xD) so I can get the discount as well, lol. How long did it take to move everything over?

Probably about 15-ish minutes total, but I suppose it depends on how much stuff you have on Wii. I had two Wii Shop games and like, four or five Virtual Console games, so it didn't have a lot of large files to copy. It would also probably go quicker if you had two Wiimotes, as I had to to switch out which console the sensor bar was plugged into and sync the controller each time I had to swap to the other one. (which is only three times, but still)

I bought so much stuff in Nov/Dec that I was embarrassed to post it ;p

Anyway, the only game I "bought" since the New Year was Omikron, when it was free.  I'm trying to clear out my backlog before FE: Fates comes out :D

• Like 2

Picked these up from PSN Indie Flash Sale since I missed out on these when they were PS+, but I wasn't a member at the time:

-Stick it to the Man (Crossbuy on PS3/Vita) - $3.25

-Sound Shapes (Crossbuy on all platforms) - $2

-Teslagrad (Crossbuy on all platforms) - $4.50

-Fat Princess (PS3) - $2.25

Like Jason said when will I ever have the time to play these wonderful games lol.

• Like 1

I bought the Vanishing of Ethan Carter. I had been waiting for that to go on sale for awhile.

With that I am done buying digital for awhile. I hope King's Quest comes to disc and Minecraft Story Mode probably won't come to disc, but it will be awhile until the season pass is on sale really cheap.

Of course if they do another one of those under $1 sales then I'll have to take back my statement, lol. I recently found out I have a data cap, so hopefully I don't go over. :sweat:

Picked these up from PSN Indie Flash Sale since I missed out on these when they were PS+, but I wasn't a member at the time:

-Stick it to the Man (Crossbuy on PS3/Vita) - $3.25

-Sound Shapes (Crossbuy on all platforms) - $2

-Teslagrad (Crossbuy on all platforms) - $4.50

-Fat Princess (PS3) - $2.25

Like Jason said when will I ever have the time to play these wonderful games lol.

I still haven't played Sound Shapes (and I've had it for years now), and it's killing me. :(

• Like 1

I still haven't played Sound Shapes (and I've had it for years now), and it's killing me. :(

I feel the same with some of my old purchases as well. It also kills me when you have a hard time picking a game to play from the backlog and it it sucks even more when you decide to just walk away and watch tv/movies instead. Dx

I just made my preorder for Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 and XCOM 2. That's $144 of epic fun. I also got that Humble bundle monthly thing because the last bundle was all games I wanted so after pulling all my hair out I decided to sign up for the next one.

I just made my preorder for Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 and XCOM 2. That's $144 of epic fun. I also got that Humble bundle monthly thing because the last bundle was all games I wanted so after pulling all my hair out I decided to sign up for the next one.

What was in the last Humble Monthly Bundle? Do they post that stuff a list on the site a month later?

I forget what was in it now but yes after the bundle comes out they post what was in it to get you excited for the next one. It worked.

What was in the last Humble Monthly Bundle? Do they post that stuff a list on the site a month later?

I forget what was in it now but yes after the bundle comes out they post what was in it to get you excited for the next one. It worked.

Yeah, if you go to the main page for the Monthly bundle and scroll down a bit, it'll show you what games were in the previous one. Only the most recent one though, to see older ones you'd just have to do some searching I guess.

Anyway, I recently bought Deadpool again because I'm dumb (I ragequit and got rid of the game last time I played it) as well as Code Name S.T.E.A.M., Samurai Warriors 4, and the PS4 version of Assassin's Creed: Black Flag because I'll never finish it on PS3.

I bought Resonance of Fate because it was $10 used at GameStop.  I am prepared for the pain and pleasure that game will bring.

Just got NBA2K15, PSE 2015, and FF Type 0 HD on newegg for free from rebates and discount code. Shipping for all three games was $3.

Just ordered Dragon Quest Builders today (it's on sale btw); after adjustments, I'll have gotten it for... $36, I believe? Not bad (used a $5 certificate and GCU discount)!

Also, I took advantage of Targets B2G1 sale to get some physical versions of some Nintendo games I haven't gotten yet, such as The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (3DS), The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (Wii U), and NES Remix Pack (Wii U), all of which I got for $40 (not counting tax); not bad!

I may get Owlboy too while it's 10% off on Steam.

YEEHAW

d4nU9qR.gif

I still need to get Overwatch at some point.