HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sailor Liztress

Recent Gaming Purchases

Weird that I somehow forgot this thread existed even though I'm buying more games I'll never play all the time.

Anyway, my most recent one is Earth's Dawn, because it looks neat and it's $30 for a physical copy. I'm sure it'll drop like a rock as most physical indie games do (if they don't sell out first, which, judging by what Amazon has in stock, almost never happens) but I wanted to splurge on something and that got my attention. I ordered it online so I don't have it yet to say if it was worth it.

I bought Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4), World of Final Fantasy Limited Edition (PS4), XBOX ONE Deep Blue w/Gears of War 4 Bundle, Ryse, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, and Kinect Sports Rivals Bundle (XB1), and recently from the GCU only sale w/Telltale Batman/Minecraft Complete, and Witcher 3 Complete all on PS4.

And most of the money spent is just from work tips as well. Pretty good haul! I also bought a bunch of $10 PSN cards for the recent PSN sales in the past few weeks.

Yesterday I bit the bullet and bought an Xbox One, and so far I've ordered/picked up Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Gears of War Ultimate Edition, and Rare Replay. I don't even have the console yet but I'm looking forward to playing Sunset Overdrive FINALLY. Been dying to ever since it came out.

I also bought Until Dawn and Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth randomly, and earlier this week I bought Rocket League, War of the Monsters, and Rogue Galaxy on PSN.

Edit: also just bought a cheap code for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. ^_^.

I bought Overwatch, Batman Arkham Knight, Mad Max all on PS4 the other day and last week's PSN sale I got Rogue Galaxy and Rocket League. Today I ended up getting the early BF deal in Titanfall 2 for XB1. I thought about getting PS4 version, but I felt that it's an XB1 title because I played the first game on 360 and used to the controllers there.

I see a couple of people joined the X1 club. Congrats guys.

• Like 1

I see a couple of people joined the X1 club. Congrats guys.

For $160 I couldn't afford NOT to. But of course as soon as I bought that I saw other refurbs from different places for like $140...but oh well, I have one finally and that's wonderful. xD

Anyway, I randomly bought Headlander since I had some Xbox credit leftover and nothing to use it on. I'm still downloading it but I've been interested in it since I first read about it so I think I'll enjoy it. ^_^ I also bought Dark Cloud in the PSN sale earlier this week and bought some codes for Gears of War 1-3 and Judgement from someone on CAG to help fill out my Xbox collection until I get some more XB1 games. I'm hoping to not buy anything else until Black Friday weekend so...here's holding out hope for me to resist any temptations.

For $160 I couldn't afford NOT to. But of course as soon as I bought that I saw other refurbs from different places for like $140...but oh well, I have one finally and that's wonderful. xD

Wait, where did you get an Xbox One for $160? xD

Wait, where did you get an Xbox One for $160? xD

Ebay. It was a refurbished one that didn't have a controller (or any games) but still. ^_^ After I bought it I saw someone post one on Groupon (I think) for like $150 or $140. :\

Ebay. It was a refurbished one that didn't have a controller (or any games) but still. ^_^ After I bought it I saw someone post one on Groupon (I think) for like $150 or $140. :\

I really want the Slim 2Tb one. But can't justifying buying it with having an X1 already :(

went ahead and picked up Pokemon Sun. Moon is on my wishlist. Before that I bought Mafia 3 for PS4. :) 

I bought a number of things since my last update above.

Lessee... I got Lego Dimensions Starter Edition (PS4) for $32 (gotta love that GCU), three(!) Disney Infinity figures for less than a $1 each (the Star Wars Rebels characters minus Sabine), Overwatch: Origins Edition on PSN for $35, Tomba! 2 for $1.97, and Sim City 2000 for $1.97 on PSN.

...I'm gonna be so bankrupt at the end of this year (but those savings!).

went ahead and picked up Pokemon Sun. Moon is on my wishlist. Before that I bought Mafia 3 for PS4. :)

Eyyyyy, look who it is! :)

e3beaf58739bca418f1a9825ffe2d6b9.jpg

• Like 1

Yep! Random stealth popping in for a bit!

Speaking of Disney Infinity I picked up the sabine wren figure because of the deal Amazon had going on when it came to buying pokemon sun (free shipping and the next day delivery but only with orders of $35+ and Pokemon was only $31.99)

Also as a side note, Mad Max the video game is on sale and y'all should pick it up at your earliest convenience. I don't recommend the PC port you want that on a console as it works better on console but the deal is the same for console and PC. 

DSCN2074.jpg

I was watching my favorite Twitch channel that's like a Tv channel called HyperRPG and this guy was playing the Wii U Paper Mario. I thought it looked really cool so I grabbed me a copy of the original N64 game. :)

I never really played the big main Nintendo games except for Mario 1-3 and Star Fox 64. The Wii made me fall in love with Zelda and Metroid in 2015 and now I'm discovering the world of Mario in 2017.

Sadly I've never played a Paper Mario game or beaten a Zelda game. I know I keep saying I'll def beat it, but beating backlog is more important than Nintendo games to me. Dx

I'm definitely eventually getting a switch and I feel Breath of the Wild will be the first Zelda game I'll beat. xD

OG Paper Mario is awesome. Thousand-Year Door is better, but I still love the original almost equally. ^_^

Anyway, I bought Rise of the Tomb Raider earlier and Double Dragon IV yesterday. I've bought a ton of other stuff since whenever I last posted in this thread but I don't remember it all and no one would care anyway. :P

I bought Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and Pocket Card Jockey (since it was on sale) recently. The former is probably the only big game I'll buy before March; going to wait on Horizon: Zero Dawn since it's too close to Breath of the Wild (which I'll be playing for all of March, pretty much).

I'll also probably pick up Rhythm Heaven Megamix at some point this month since there's a discount deal for it on MyNintendo.

Anyway, I bought Rise of the Tomb Raider earlier and Double Dragon IV yesterday. I've bought a ton of other stuff since whenever I last posted in this thread but I don't remember it all and no one would care anyway. :P

I CARE :titan:

No really though, it is kinda cool to see what people buy; sometimes I'll look into certain games that I don't know much about if someone here bought it. *shrug*

• Like 1

DSCN2074.jpg

I was watching my favorite Twitch channel that's like a Tv channel called HyperRPG and this guy was playing the Wii U Paper Mario. I thought it looked really cool so I grabbed me a copy of the original N64 game. :)

I never really played the big main Nintendo games except for Mario 1-3 and Star Fox 64. The Wii made me fall in love with Zelda and Metroid in 2015 and now I'm discovering the world of Mario in 2017.

If you haven't played it, grab a copy of Mario RPG on virtual console

qnprfpv.jpg

I finally got Breath of the Wild for WiiU, along with the hardcover guide (love the cover artwork) and the 30th anniversary OoT Link amiibo.

UTes2YT.jpg

I got this amiibo display case for Christmas but I haven't had a reason to open it until now. I think this is my favorite amiibo, so I decided to use it.

zrMlSO6.jpg

Pokemon Kanto region puzzle and Squirtle mug.

• Like 3

My Toys R Us finally got some Breath of the Wild amiibo's in stock, so I got these three (I already had the game and guide).

oZhjEoA.jpg

My Toys R Us finally got some Breath of the Wild amiibo's in stock, so I got these three (I already had the game and guide).

Nice pick ups. I just recently got those three amiibo a few weeks back (the same three even, haha) and they all look fantastic. Do you have a Switch yet, btw?

Well, my latest big purchase (that's strictly gaming-related) is Destiny 2. We pre-ordered the Limited Edition one with the bonus goodies to be a late birthday present for the husband. Probably will need to buy a second copy so more than one of us can play at a time.

10 hours ago, Sailor Liztress said:

Well, my latest big purchase (that's strictly gaming-related) is Destiny 2. We pre-ordered the Limited Edition one with the bonus goodies to be a late birthday present for the husband. Probably will need to buy a second copy so more than one of us can play at a time.

I think D2 is a lot better. There is a lot to do. I'm already feeling behind my clan mates since I had to work this weekend.

Guess I should add that my recent gaming purchase was Destiny 2 as well.

I also bought Destiny 2, because I'm weak and can't make decisions for myself when it comes to something really popular.

I also bought Ocarina of Time 3D because it was 12 bucks, so...yeah.

I'm enjoying D2 as well. And I'm behind everyone in the house who plays. Both the husband and youngest are at level 20, lol.

I could add that I got a few of the Destiny Funko Pops (I'm missing Ikora, Zavala, Lord Shaxx, and both Crotas). 

I bought the Sonic Mania Collector's Edition for Switch a little while back so I could review it (as well as enjoy a game I've been wanting to play and admire the awesome goodies that come with the collector's edition). If you haven't played it, do it. It's only $20.

I also went ahead and bought the new Mario + Rabbids game, since I heard it was actually really good, despite how annoying Rabbids are. And I bought Splatoon 2 as well because I loved the first one and would really like to play with some fellow Podunkers who have it.

Oh, and I preordered a few games, too. My copy of Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition comes in tomorrow, and I have a copy of Metroid: Samus Returns arriving in a few days when it's released. I have a few other preorders, but they're a bit too far down the line to consider them purchases just yet.