HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

Post and Rate Video Game Arranges/Remixes!

So like the thread Ludo made for posting and rating random songs, I thought I'd make a spin-off and make one for video game song arranges and remixes, though I suppose normal music from games is fine as well.

Like the other thread, I'll start off by posting a song, then the next person will rate it and post another song, and then so on and so forth!

P.S. I love, love, LOVE the little jazz flare at the end of this song, haha. xD

• Like 1

Eh, kinda boring. 6/10, there's nothing wrong with it, just not my style. It gets more...involving at the end, but by then I was already half asleep. :P

So let's kick it up a notch.

Oh snap Venom posted X1 music!?  You're awesome.

Sticks close to the source material, and of course metal fits the X (or rather, most Mega Man games) well.  Mixes it up around 2:30, which is good considering the length, but.... uh, I don't know where to go with that.  8/10.

I was thinking of posting more X music, but nah, I'll do this instead:

I like the varied musical approaches of the arrangement, but I do think it has some noticeable highs and lows. Like some moments it's pretty sweet and others I'm like "You know, the Falcom JDK band could probably make those guitar solos way cooler". So, I dunno, 7 sword-slashing Adols out of 10 wall-punching Dogis?

From the Bravely Default Luxendarc Kioku arrangement album. It is a neat little old-school styled piece (8-bit because it is done with a game boy synthesizer apparently) that combines many of the battle/boss themes.... so, possible musical spoilers... maybe?

9/10...the greatest Gameboy RPG soundtrack that never was. Or, I mean, it was, but not on Gameboy. xD Either way it sounds like the game has some great baddie beatin' tunes.

So here's this remix from Escape Goat. It's pretty neat.

That was pretty entertaining actually, but I'm gonna go with about an 8/10. Now I wish I could just link the entire play list, but I'll stick with one song from it. A while back, the Megaman X OST got Jazz'd up and this is one of my many favorite songs from that selection.

Nier had a very good soundtrack and I felt the game is underrated. I love the music and this is one of my favorite tracks that got remixed by OC. 8/10 Roy. Megaman remixes are fun to listen. OC is doing a Megaman remix album I think.

That was pretty good. I kinda stopped paying attention after about 4 minutes but otherwise it was nice. xD 7/10

This one is directly from a game, but it still kinda counts since it's an arranged version of a song from the SNES game. And if that's not a good enough excuse...then shut up. :P

I heard this song a million times while trying and retrying to finish the second chapter of GX's story mode, and it never got old.

8/10, never played GX but its on my list to get. Seen it a couple times at my local gameshops but always pass on it...

Also....What one page already and no SNAKE!!!!!!!! BLASPHEMOUS!!!

Bonus: Found a website that plays Animal Crossing music. The songs change by the hour depending on your local time. Praise be to reddit...

• Like 1

10/10 because MGS Music is simply amazing! Snaaaaake Eaaaater! Anyways this next piece is called "Symphony No. 9 in E Minor "From the New World 4th Movement" composed by Antonín Dvořák. This symphony piece is actually used in Killer is Dead and Asura's Wrath. I first heard this symphony from Asura's Wrath during a battle against one of the characters.

7/10. I've never been big on classical music but I thought that one was alright the first time I heard it.

Here's an 8-bit version of Final Fantasy IV's FREAKIN' AWESOME boss music.

Personally, I kinda like this better than the original. xD