HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jared

The Forest Looks Awesome. Why is Nobody Talking About it?

I just stumbled upon this game today, and its two months from release with almost nobody talking about it. So, lets all take a look.

Coming out on Steam with Oculus Rift support, The Forest is an open world survival horror game that lets you build houses, hunt and forage for food, set traps and probably a lot of other things I'm assuming. Just watch those trailers and tell me that doesn't look at least a little bit cool. Some of the trap animations seem a bit stiff and the fight sounds in the trailer don't sound all that great, but I'd be more than willing to look past that for an open world game like this.

Chopping down trees AND horrible creatures? Yeah, I could get into that. Though I have a thing against early access games so I likely won't even try it until the full game is out, unless it gets a good discount before then.

Because Steam has so many freaking releases that cool titles like this get lost in the shuffle!

• Like 1

Yup sold. I shall buy this... at some point cause you know... Steam sales.

Yup sold. I shall buy this... at some point and never actually play it cause you know... Steam sales.

Fixed.

• Like 1

I saw this trailer like a week ago and I must say it does look kinda cool. If it had a co-op mechanic that would be pretty sweet too, but I would just hope it didn't end up like Dead Island. They have a cool concept going for themselves right now, let's hope they don't ruin it.

I saw this trailer like a week ago and I must say it does look kinda cool. If it had a co-op mechanic that would be pretty sweet too, but I would just hope it didn't end up like Dead Island. They have a cool concept going for themselves right now, let's hope they don't ruin it.

Co-op is always a great thing; I'm not sure why it is such an incomprehnsible notion for 90% of game companies, producers, and so forth.

• Like 1