HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gaiages

"New" Pokemon Titles Announced

Question

What, you say you want more Pokemon?

A Hoenn remake?

In 3D?

Well, okay, if you say so.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (ugh should Alpha Sapphire come first when talking about it so weird) will be released later this year, in the fall.  Looks like it'll be another worldwide simultaneous release as well.

Thoughts?  Excitements?  Squeals of Eternal Happiness?

I personally never played the Gen III games, so I might actually pick one of the remakes up... dunno which one though, although the name OMEGA RUBY sounds pretty darn epic.

Sorry Jason for not making a news post but I wanted to rez the Pokemon sub forum ;D

23 answers to this question

Also, this is worth every double post in the world:

gallery_456_106_64009.png

Hah! That second picture is perfect, but yeah...I guess it kinda makes sense that they'd do this now. They're bleeding money until the Smash comes out on Wii U...Or at least they and a lot of others are hoping that'll at least cauterize their wound.

How are these "epic new adventures" in a "dramatic new world" exactly, trailer?

Ah well, I'm gonna check one of them out anyway, so who cares how much they lie to me. I never played either of the originals (I played one of the GBA games but it wasn't either of those...it was...the green one...Emerald, maybe?) so I'd like to give them a shot.

Called it! Mwahahaha :miao:

Honestly, I'm really looking forward to this because I have fond memories of playing Ruby back in the day. It's the only Pokemon title I played multiple times (but that could be because I was younger and wasn't making money just yet). xD

I guess this will use the X/Y engine then? Should be interesting to see.

These are the only Pokemon games I have yet to play, so this is actually pretty exciting news to me. 

I haven't played these. I had Ruby and Sapphire on my list to get. So I hopefully can get this version instead.

These are the only Pokemon games I have yet to play, so this is actually pretty exciting news to me. 

In my opinion they're the best of the series. Or at least best of what I've played.

In my opinion they're the best of the series. Or at least best of what I've played.

This is what I hear. I'm slightly mad that they're getting a re-release but Majora's Mask isn't... thanks Nintendo.

This is what I hear. I'm slightly mad that they're getting a re-release but Majora's Mask isn't... thanks Nintendo.

They can release Majora's Mask once I'm done with OoT.

They can release Majora's Mask once I'm done with OoT.

I have been predicting an E3 announcement for the last three years. I am making the same prediction at this year's event. Eventually, I will be right. I will gladly accept a Wii U HD version. I will go out and buy the console the moment it is announced. 

While Sapphire wasn't my first Pokemon game (That honour goes to Red waaaay back in the day) it's definitely the game I've sunk the most time into, over 600 hours! So I think I'll go with Ruby this time. 

You know they're just waiting. It's so obvious they have it in the Queue of releases. I mean, like what was it, 2 years ago when we started getting all those teasers for it?

I would almost agree with this. Ruby/Sapphire get a lot of flack for the map of Hoenn being at least 40-50% water-based, but it probably has one of the best single-player campaigns in the series. It was also the first to shake up the story a little bit with the addition of a second rival (but one that you're actually a mentor to) with his own storyline, which I thought was cool. Underwater areas were also pretty neat. 

I remember being in Elementary school when the whole thing with Regi Pokemon became a big deal. Since it was like before online guides became big, it was like you were a badass if you knew how to unlock them.

I remember being in Elementary school when the whole thing with Regi Pokemon became a big deal. Since it was like before online guides became big, it was like you were a badass if you knew how to unlock them.

Back in my day, it was Missing No. and Mew. If you could get those two, you were the coolest kid that no girls wanted to talk to.

I remember getting all three, but I can't for the life of me remember how it was done. I do remember I spent insane amounts of time in Ruby though, so it probably helped that I explored every inch of that game.

Back in my day, it was Missing No. and Mew. If you could get those two, you were the coolest kid that no girls wanted to talk to.

I'm still the coolest kid in town that no girls wanted to talk too xD

Hard to be excited with Little to no footage shown. That said, bring them on! I loved X so i'll get one of these for sure.

Hard to be excited with Little to no footage shown. That said, bring them on! I loved X so i'll get one of these for sure.

BUT OMG LOOK

THERE'S LEGENDARIES IN THE GAME

I agree though, it's just a tad hard to get excited when we haven't seen much of... well... anything.

BUT OMG LOOK

THERE'S LEGENDARIES IN THE GAME

I agree though, it's just a tad hard to get excited when we haven't seen much of... well... anything.

Basically... lol. They didn't even show Rayquaza, i don't care for either of these legendaries to be honest.

tumblr_n5dvyiKHGU1r8hr3no1_250.gif

I understand what you're saying, but umm.. well... let's see... it is a Pokemon game. It is also a re-make of previous Pokemon game.

I wonder what it could play like...

I understand what you're saying, but umm.. well... let's see... it is a Pokemon game. It is also a re-make of previous Pokemon game.

It'll be a cross-over with the Earth Defense Force series.

I know, but a couple of screenshots would've been nice... A lot of people find the Hoenn region to be the best in the series, so i was hoping to see at least the updated 3D look of the region...