HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
TKtheknight

Capcom Available for Purchase

Intersting to hear that Capcom is available for purchase. Hmm

In a new twist, Capcom is technically available to purchase. While they have been a third party company since the beginning, stockholders voted to end their takeover defense, which has been in place since 2008. Essentially, that means their stock is available to be purchased by any big company, and should someone want, they can purchase a 51% share stake and get console exclusivity for their various IP. While that doesn't mean someone will pay the hefty amount of money required for a takeover, it is now a very real possibility.

Anyone who chooses to invest such a large sum of money would gain some extremely prominent franchises. Capcom controls Ace Attorney, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Street Fighter, Mega Man, and many more.

Read more here

What do you guys think? Who should buy Capcom?

I really think NIntendo should take a chance and buy them. I mean Capcom's games on Nintendo's handheld and console has been a huge hit. Since Mega Man is on Smash, It would be awesome to see Nintendo bring him back for his own game again. :D

I'd buy that for a dollar.

But yeah, if any one console manufacturer bought them, it should be Nintendo. Most of Capcom's best games (best early games, anyway, but what other kind of best games does Capcom have) were on Nintendo systems and they could work together to cross over some of their franchises in interesting ways, beyond Smash Bros. anyway. Or, if nothing else, Nintendo might take a chance and publish some games that Capcom otherwise wouldn't bother with, like freakin' Mega Man Legends 3. xD In any case, I don't see them getting bought out anytime soon, so this is all just a fun "what-if" dream.

Guest ...

I dont ever plan on buying another nintendo console so i hope they dont buy it out, not that im such a huge fan but they still make good games... every once in a while

Maybe they can get better customer service and in the future actually care about their supporters. 

It would be a very smart move on Sony's part to buy them out and then make all their franchises PlayStation exclusives...

Roy should buy them out :P.

• Like 1