HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Evidence that People Eat Pokemon in the Games

Question

Most of you who have been really into the Pokemon games over the years already know this to an extent, but this article is pretty interesting and presents all the facts to show that...

*dramatic pause*

...people (in-game) actually do EAT Pokemon in these games!

It's actually funny because there have been statements from people and on signs and such that actually do reveal this in the games, but not many people pay attention to it.

Some things include-

• The original series mentioning that Farfetch'd were almost hunted to extinction
  • Team Rocket's plan for cutting off Slowpokes' "tasty" tails and selling them for a profit
  • A restaurant mentioning that they sell slowpoke tails to eat.

You can read the article here on ModernFarmer.

5 answers to this question

I guess I recall the slowpoke tails in restaurant but to me I thought that was a given. Like in real life we have animal and we eat them. I just thought in that universe Pokemon are the equivalent of animal and people will in fact eat them too.

What I will always find interesting about this conversation is the following:

Ciel, a vegetarian/half-arsed vegan: So, person, did you know that they eat Pokemon in the Pokemon games. It isn't too surprising really, but incredibly cruel!

Person, a meat eater: WHAT!!!!!!!? HOW!? WHICH ONES!? WHY WOULD ANYONE EAT A POKEMON?

Uh huh.

Well hey, if you want to make an omelette you're gonna have to break a few Exeggcute!

• Like 1

Guest ...

I thought i mentioned this on my pokemon thread along with some other disturbing pokemon facts.

Anyway so many tasty fish pokemon lol.

Unlike what ciel said im aware i eat meat and when people ask if i love animals i say "no i love my animals and the ones i meet but im in no delusion that my diet kills most of the rest" i dont bother feeling bad about it if i know i wont convert, maybe because i grew up on a farm and most of my pets where for food but it doesnt bother me much

i grew up on a farm and most of my pets where for food but it doesnt bother me much

I didn't grow up on a farm, but I grew up around them. My great uncle had chickens and geese and would kill one periodically to eat. I also learned to de-scale and de-bone fish at a young age and we would routinely eat what we caught fishing with my grandpa. My culture has no illusions about where our food comes from, which is important because the worst thing you can do in a traditional hispanic family is waste food (It's also why we're so fat/have high risk of diabetes lol). You recognize and appreciate the animal that has given its life to sustain you. The only thing I'll agree with vegans/vegetarians about is that a lot of farms or processing plants treat their animals poorly, and I avoid them whenever possible. 

Kind of a tangent from Pokemon there for a bit, but I'd have no qualms about eating a Bouffalant or Miltank :)