HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

What kind of tablet do you own?

For the longest time I was without a tablet but I was just recently gifted a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 from a friend, and I have to say I'm really enjoying it (especially as an e-reader). It isn't the most powerful tablet out there, but it's functional and the form factor is great.

Do any of you use tablets at all? If so, which one(s) do you have?

Err, I have a Kindle Fire HD... which is my girlfriend's... but it is now mine since it has been in my room for as long as I can remember. Does that count?

Guest ...

I don't have one, I have a laptop, a ps3 and a phone with high video capabilities so I never really felt the need for one. At this point it be a waist of money for me. I can see why people would want one if they don't have a laptop or a high tech cellphone but if you have both I don't really get their usefulness other then a bigger screen then a phone and easier moving abilities then a laptop. Kind of like a halfway point on power and mobility for both.

My tablet is a little outdated, but I still like it:

w7RWsXj.jpg

Anyway, I don't have one and don't feel like I need one for anything. My mom has an iPad...Mini, I think, and I've only ever used it to download games. And even then I never play them past the initial "I just downloaded this so I'll try it out" phase. xD

Don't have one, don't really need one either. Might get a Surface but that's not a priority at all.

I have the Samsung Note 10.2. I love it and I use it as my e-reader mainly.

• Like 1

I have an iPad Air 64GB, a cheap Android from China (for ROMs :) and an old Kindle. I kinda regret not getting the 128GB because I only have 4GB of free space right now. I'm sadly considering removing all my music and going back to using my iPod more.

I am thinking to get dual core tablet ,is it good for normal surf and videos ?

Yeah, that's what I usually use mine for. I use my PC for gaming, writing, editing, and so forth and then my tablet for surfing, reading, and videos, haha.

Which one you can recommend for me ?

In all honestly, if you are just using it for normal surfing and videos, you probably can't tell the differences in power of one to another. I would just get the cheapest one that you can find a deal on if it is for normal surfing. Like I think my Samsung Note 10.2 is pretty good but I really only use it as an e-reader so all the other stuff with it is kind of useless to me.

If I had to recommend a specific one though I would say a Samsung Note. They are good from what I seen and used.

But I don't like samsung :(  Any other ?  And about 200$ ?

You can try the Nexus, they should be around that price.

But I don't like samsung :(  Any other ?  And about 200$ ?

You can try the Nexus, they should be around that price.

Yeah, I agree with DarkCobra; the Nexus is the next best thing around $200 if you don't want to get a Samsung model.

I never owned a tablet before until today. Went to pick up my free tablet which is the Asus Memopad. Long story short, this is the first time the University is using a tablet for certain classes and since I signed up for animation class, I was offered a $500 grant towards any tablet they have. I was going to get Apple iPad Air, but it was a bit expensive even with the grant covering it. Usually Apple's products are expensive. I went with the cheapest which is the Asus Memopad. It comes with free 2 year warranty and a year of AT&T data plan.

I haven't opened it yet, but pretty excited to use a tablet. Makes me wonder how the tablet will be used for animation class. Although the university technician said the school is using education apps and some cool apps to help out witht he class. Woo!

Guest ...

I would have gone with a samsung but congrats tk. Off topic theres a famous skyrim modder named tktk and he puts the name tk on everything he makes. How fun is that?

I would have gone with a samsung but congrats tk. Off topic theres a famous skyrim modder named tktk and he puts the name tk on everything he makes. How fun is that?

The choices they had were Apple iPad Air, Asus Memopad, and Lenovo Thinkpad. My phone is Samsung so it's like a mini tablet as well lol. Asus was the cheapest one and it's android like my phone so that's good.

Interesting I did not know that. I have downloaded a few Skyrim mods, but haven't played Skyrim yet. I'll have to check out his mods sometime.

On a side note Kiky, I downloaded a mod which has Lightning to be your partner, a Survey Corpse uniform, Attack on Titan weapon, Chocobo as your mount, and saiyan class. You can also have Serah as your partner too, but didn't download it. Too many fun mods and I haven't even started.