HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
gaiages

Free Pokemon/Item Alert: Pinsir or Heracross and its Mega Stone

Question

Hey, a slightly better distribution event for the US!  Huzzah!

From August 13th to September 17th, you can grab a new Pokemon from the glorious invention that is Wi-Fi.  Those with Pokemon X will receive a special Heracross, and those with Pokemon Y will get a Pinsir.  Here's the stats for each, for those interested:

Heracross – Lvl. 50:

Nature: Adamant

Moves: Bullet Seed, Pin Missile, Close Combat, and Megahorn

Ability: Swarm or Guts (changes to Skill Link during Mega Evolution)

Pinsir – Lvl. 50:

Nature: Adamant

Moves: X-Scissor, Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Return

Ability: Hyper Cutter or Mold Breaker (changes to Aerilate upon Mega Evolution)

But wait!  They don't actually come with their respective Mega Stones out of the box!  From August 18th onward, you can visit your local GameStop to pick up the Mega Stones (a few sites say that you get a code you have to put in as opposed to getting it via the GameStop Wi-Fi, but I guess we'll see).

Oh, and Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross are the stuff of (softcore) nightmares:

article_post_width_megaherapinsir.jpg

Also, it's worth noting that Pinsir and Heracross (and their respective Mega Stones) are version exclusives.  The event is essentially giving you the Pokemon and Mega Stone you don't have.

Anyone going to jump on this event?

11 answers to this question

Hmm, I suppose I should jump on these. I keep forgetting to get all the event pokemon they've given out. xD

Also, yeah, that Mega Pinsir and Heracross are cuh-razy looking! :o

I have a Gamestop not very far from me so I can probably justify trying as I'm shopping one day. But yeah, I really need to sit down and finish the game, and with the overleveled Pokemon I got from Wonder-trading, and soon this event, I really don't have too many excuses for not powering through it easily.

Also, this seems like one of the few instances where the Y version gets the cooler Pokemon [insert in your face comment from barrel regardless].

Also, this seems like one of the few instances where the Y version gets the cooler Pokemon [insert in your face comment from barrel regardless].

Well, Pokemon X already had Pinsir and the Mega Stone, so it's just Y catching up at this point xD

Well the mega stone distribution starts today at GameStop and a "Serial Code" is supposed to be found on a flier somewhere(?) that allows you to download them. Anyone done this yet?

I have not been able to get to a GameStop myself yet.  However, if it's a serial code, it may be the same code on all the fliers... maybe I'll snoop around the Internet and see if the code is posted somewhere.

EDIT: Apparently you have to go up and actually ask the employees for the codes.  If they say you have to pre-order one of the Hoenn remakes, though, they're just giving you bull.

But, er, anyway, they are all unique codes, so no getting out of Gamestop this time... though you might be able to fandangle extra codes from particularly nice employees and do... something with them. :3

So what you are all saying is that you want some codes? I will see what I can do. I have to stop at work tomorrow and I will be sure to let everyone know what is up when I return. Hopefully the confusion and uncertainty will be cleared up as a result. I should probably know this already, but I tune out anything Pokemon X/Y related since I accidentally traded mine in... and am still bummed about it.

Of course you can always just call and ask.

Alright, update time. The code comes on a little cardboard rectangle with instructions and pretty graphics. I was only able to get one--mine--so whoever wants it let me know. I do not have X/Y so it is not a big deal to me. 

• Like 1

Give it to ME! Mega Pinsir! I am only at the first gym at the very start of Poke Y. That gym leader will sheet bricks when I walk in with a lvl 50 blood thirsty pokemon.

Give it to ME! Mega Pinsir! I am only at the first gym at the very start of Poke Y. That gym leader will sheet bricks when I walk in with a lvl 50 blood thirsty pokemon.

Then it won't listen to you and just attack itself to death.

Wait... how does someone accidentally trade in a game?  O-o  Was it in a console you were trading in or something?

Then it won't listen to you and just attack itself to death.

Wait... how does someone accidentally trade in a game? O-o Was it in a console you were trading in or something?

It was in my Bravley Default case and neither thr GS I traded it into or I looked. Woops! Also I would give it to you Rex, but like... it won't listen to you! :P

But if no one else needs/wants it then sure.