HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

About GP's Prize Vault and How to Win it!

UPDATED (2/28/12) IN ACCORDANCE WITH NEW PRIZE VAULT RULES

Welcome Podunkers to GP's latest giveaway where one lucky active member in the forum will win a dozen of video game spoils including games, accessories, strategy guides, movies, shirts, posters, and more! Prizes will be random and chosen from various game consoles (PS, PS2, PS3, Xbox, 360, PSP, GBA, NDS, PC) that may be in new or used condition.

Depending on our time and resource, GP will host a prize vault giveaway every month or two.

We used to do the contest by random selection of the top 20 posters on a given day, but now we're basing our selection on the quality of our member's contributions to the community. Here are some things we'll be looking for:

• Good, thought-provoking or interesting comments left on threads and articles. Perhaps even ones leaving feedback or that expound on what the OP said.

For example, merely saying "Yeah, I'm looking forward to this game" won't net as many points as a comment that explains a little bit more, perhaps one that expounds more on why you're looking forward to a game.

Ex: "I'm looking forward to Bioshock Infinite because I think they're doing something really interesting with the setting and story this time around. Did you guys see the trailer they showed off at last year's E3? It was amazing! You can check it out

."

• Good, thought-provoking or interesting threads. Contribute interesting threads to the community, but try to make them more than just a single sentence in the form of a question. Try to share something of interest as well, whether it be a link to a cool article, some cool pictures (SFW please; NSFW pics are forbidden on GP) or game/movie trailers or the like.

For example, instead creating a thread just to ask:

"Hey guys, I saw the Avengers over the weekend; it was pretty cool. Did you guys see it yet?"

You could instead say something like:

"Hey guys, this last weekend I got a chance to go see the Avengers! It was actually surprised because it lived up to the hype that surrounded it. The Hulk in particular was really cool; he actually does quite a bit of smashing in the movie. But the real surprise was how well all of the stars got along; they all seem to have a natural chemistry with each other. And oh man, the story was out of this world! But don't worry, I won't spoil it for anyone. So has anyone else here seen it yet? If so, what did you think?"

• Frequency of quality posts. Someone who is always making interesting and quality posts will no doubt be considered above someone who only makes the occasional quality post.

• Good Grammar and Spelling. Now we're not grammar nazis or anything, and this one is just a little more nitpicky than the others, but it goes without saying that it's a lot more easy on the eyes to read through comments and threads that use proper grammar and spelling.

Not like this:

"lol guys chk this vidio out"

But like this:

"Haha, check this video out, guys! It's probably the funniest thing I've seen in a while."

The purpose of the prize vault contest is to thank and award our active forum contributors. Honestly, if you follow the above guidelines, it won't be too hard to garner the attention of myself or the mods. We keep track of everyone that comments and contributes in the community, so be sure to contribute as much as you can, but more importantly, be sure to contribute thoughtful comments and quality content. At the end of each month, we'll go through the members and select the one that we think contributed the best comments and content as the winner of the Prize Vault for that month.

Be sure to check back often on the latest prize vaults happening on GP. Thanks and best of luck to everyone!

Disclaimer: Game Podunk does not guarantee the working condition of the used games and will not offer a replacement or an exchange for defective/incompatible products. Most of the used games we ship have been donated to us and may not have been tested.

yea i was wonder what was up the other day with everything swtiching, but i'm glad u guys are still doing this :D

Awesome Contests are fun!!! =D

Contests are fun, especially when you win them. LOL

Alright just understood the rules and regulations. This should be a lot of fun and motivate other users to stay active. I will do my best. Good luck everybody!

Evrihing alell se is good, But BOOOOO On Gammare! I HATE gooder gamer!

BOOOOO DOWN IWITH BSPEKCCHILLCEKCHK.

o cul can hav game nao ? me liek gams

...anyways

Wish more forums implemented rules like this in general, could clean up a lot of the drivel you see normally.

• Like 1

I'm still puzzled as to what this Prize Vault will be perhaps a lifesize replica of Tron's lightcycle? No? I thought so...;p

But if this post will place me as one of the contestants of the competition then I'm all in!!! :) Good to see everyone trying to contribute to GamePodunk as much as possible and also thanks Jason Clement for your generous offer!!! Hope to see you on the chat someday OR night.

Just posting in general is how you enter the prize vaults. At the end of the month, the moderators and Jason vote on who contributed the best during the month and that tally determines the winner.

As for what's in them, these posts give a good idea:

http://www.gamepodunk.com/topic/411-gp-prize-vault-winnings/

http://www.gamepodunk.com/topic/972-my-april-prize-vault-winnings/

Just posting in general is how you enter the prize vaults. At the end of the month, the moderators and Jason vote on who contributed the best during the month and that tally determines the winner.

As for what's in them, these posts give a good idea:

http://www.gamepodun...vault-winnings/

http://www.gamepodun...vault-winnings/

Is it just me or does Your Fitness Yoga appear an uncomfortable amount of times? :D All joking aside, the Prize Vaults are pretty darn impressive. Some the the stuff that comes in the Boxes of Amazingness are, well, amazing!

Is it just me or does Your Fitness Yoga appear an uncomfortable amount of times? :D All joking aside, the Prize Vaults are pretty darn impressive. Some the the stuff that comes in the Boxes of Amazingness are, well, amazing!

Yeah I've already proposed we have a youtube mashup of all the prize vault winners doing the fitness game. :)

Yeah I've already proposed we have a youtube mashup of all the prize vault winners doing the fitness game. :)

Oh god, that's either terrifying or amazing. :D I really can't picture this in my head but I'm pretty sure it will be hilarious either way. At least, let's get Jason to do it!

lol yea I noticed that each prize vault you get a yoga game. So there are always 2 prizes we will know in the vault :P.

The fact that DarkCobra86 doesn't win all the time amazes me he is a forum posting machine. The same could be said for TKtheKnight or Ludono. LOL :lol:

The fact that DarkCobra86 doesn't win all the time amazes me he is a forum posting machine. The same could be said for TKtheKnight or Ludono. LOL :lol:

You do know that Ludono just won this month's Prize Vault, right? Also, TKtheKnight recently won Lollipop Chainsaw so there are two of your non-winning members off the list! :D

Indeed Cobra has to win one these vaults this year or sooner. He's not just a post wrecking machine, but he really loves the community and does his best to post. Other than that, he cares for every one of us and I appreciate that. I don't have enough powers to post crazy, but his enthusiasm is spectacular and with great mind comes with great responsibility to post. :-)

Haha. I do post a lot. But they are really just the way I talk. I post like I talk, so a lot of them are just short comments that I normally would speak to people. I can't say it has great substance all the time haha. Plus, I am not that knowledgeable about games nor do I play a lot of games or new ones compared to others here. So my comments often times are questions that I don't know or just from what it'll seem to me. Not necessarily with definite fact or experiences from a game.

But I thank you for the support :D

You do know that Ludono just won this month's Prize Vault, right? Also, TKtheKnight recently won Lollipop Chainsaw so there are two of your non-winning members off the list! :D

Yea, Ludono did a great job with his anime contest. I knew that gave him the edge and he deserved it. I loved his prizes, that was some funny stuff. And yea, TK getting super lucky with lollipop chainsaw. A lot of people entered and only 3 came out victorious :P.

Indeed Cobra has to win one these vaults this year or sooner. He's not just a post wrecking machine, but he really loves the community and does his best to post. Other than that, he cares for every one of us and I appreciate that. I don't have enough powers to post crazy, but his enthusiasm is spectacular and with great mind comes with great responsibility to post. :-)

lol you're funny man. That makes me feel like i'm a super hero with the power to posts haha. I do type really fast, so maybe that helps me post quicker so I can get to more threads sooner in a shorter time span? And I do care about you guys. I enjoy it. Honestly, if it wasn't for this forum or GDD I wouldn't know much about games. I mean I just grew up playing games and bought games that I saw cheap in store. That was about it. I never care to go to game news site or look into the developer or listen in on E3. So going in, I started posting for giveaway at GDD. But just the more you post the more you like the community and how they been able to answer your questions or show you all these stuff you been missing out on. So that's why I stick around. Plus, I'm already lucky enough to win some other prizes for ludano and Harrison so all is good. You'll win a vault too, you came close this month. Maybe for July you will win.

I would post more or be in chats with you guys. But then I'm like, why go on chat if I can play games? hahaha. I know I'm missing out by not being in chat on here or like using the shoutout box in GDD. Maybe one day. I am a chat machine too :P. I'm always on digsby or texting haha.

Sign in to follow this