HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
gaiages

Free Pokemon Alert: You don't have to be French to get the Pokeball Vivillion

Question

Hey, do you remember when the special patterned Pokeball Vivillion was available in Paris as a local download for... some reason?  No?  Well, shame on you.

Anyway, now you (yes, you) can download the Pokeball Vivillion, from now until August 12th.  It's a pretty short timeframe, so make sure to get on the ball if you want your (other) special Vivillion!  Oh, and although the directions are pretty vague elsewhere, you can just pick up the Pokemon via Mystery Gift.

Here's the skinny on this Vivillion, for those interested:

180px-666Vivillon-Pok%C3%A9_Ball.png

Level 12

Gust

Stun Spore

Light Screen

Struggle Bug

Ability: Shield Dust (Vivillions usually have Compound Eyes, so I think this is good?)

Oh yeah... the occasion to mark this special Pokemon release is the opening of an online Pokemon merchandise store.  *shrug*

Anyway, go download your bug while you wait to download those other bugs.

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

Why is it always Vivillion?

You lied to me! I went to mystery gift and found nothing!!

You lied to me! I went to mystery gift and found nothing!!

LOOK HARDER

Why is it always Vivillion?

I'd say something to the effect that it's easier than making a Shiny legendary or something, but quite honestly I doubt any Pokemon event would be difficult, really.

What game is this for?

What game is this for?

Pokemon X/Y.  :3

What game is this for?

Mystery Gift exists outside X/Y?

What are the requirements for this? I click on mystery gift and it finds nothing.

Mystery Gift exists outside X/Y?

They were, at the very least, in HeartGold/SoulSilver and beyond.  Might be in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum too, but I'm not sure (I'm allergic to those games.

What are the requirements for this? I click on mystery gift and it finds nothing.

No requirements, I don't think.  You check Mystery Gift, go to "check via Internet" option, have a stable WiFi connection, and you should get your butterfly.  If it's not working beyond that, I dunno :(  Oh, this is an NA only event, but I'm relatively sure you live in the US, so...

Oh ok I was using the wrong option i clicked wireless internet. I got him first try when I clicked on normal internet. Now I can go beat the very first gym leader with my new Vivillion because he is now my highest level Poke.