HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jonathan Higgins

Insert Flashy Introductory Title Here

Greetings, all,

I“m really no good at introductions, because I tend to spend too long revising what I write in order to offer the best first impression. So…uh…

Hi.

This place seems really great.
(I know some of the people here via Twitter, so… it is really great.)

For two and a half years, I wrote for Operation Rainfall dot com. But…now I don“t. :)

I“ve decided to bring my talents to Game Podunk; Jason and others have graciously taken me in! I“m looking forward to getting to know you all.

I“ve put over 279 hours into Pokémon Y, and almost 240 into Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked. I even have a Japanese 3DS, despite not knowing a word of the language. I must have an affinity towards Japanese RPGs and handhelds. 

• Like 1

You sir are right at home, indeed. Also if you are up for it and can find the time check out the Pokemon Showdown Game Night thread (or any of the others... I guess). Truly, I look forward to seeing you around and getting to know you.

Greetings, all,

I“m really no good at introductions, because I tend to spend too long revising what I write in order to offer the best first impression. So…uh…

Hi.

This place seems really great.

(I know some of the people here via Twitter, so… it is really great.)

For two and a half years, I wrote for Operation Rainfall dot com. But…now I don“t. :)

I“ve put over 279 hours into Pokémon Y, and almost 240 into Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked. I even have a Japanese 3DS, despite not knowing a word of the language. I must have an affinity towards Japanese RPGs and handhelds. 

Oh uh, that's pretty cool. I have a friend that's apparently hugely into reading through Op Rainfall and such. Also awesome on the JRPG stuff, great to see. I'm about to actually play through Pokemon Y once I beat Fire Emblem. I just keep getting side tracked in reclassing females > Pegasus Knights > Dark Fliers to level 15 for gale force. Too godly. Anyway, welcome aboard, we're all crazy here, and most likely will bite a lot.

U3IsDlx.gif

Welcome aboard! You're the first new writer we've had in some time, so it's always exciting to get new blood around here. :)

Also, Jonathan's work on Operation Rainfall was pretty expansive; he did a lot of great work there with his features and such, so we're lucky to have him here.

Looking forward to working with you in the days, weeks, and months to come!

Welcome to the fold!

Also you live in the same city as me, super awesome!

Which begs me to ask, are you the Jonathan I usually StreetPass at Publix (I think) that says oprainfall.com as their greeting?

[/stalker]

• Like 1

I approve of the Devil Survivor time. I keep entertaining the idea of importing a 3DS, but... importing is so expensive for Nintendo stuff... and not easy.

But yeah, welcome to GP, dawg. Hope you like it here and stuffz.

Ah looks like you'll be replacing Lee. Anyways welcome to GP. You'll definitely enjoy our community of great people and writers. Jason is a great leader and you'll be happy to have him around. I've read a few articles on Operation Rainfall as well. It's great to see a veteran person from another site coming over. Hope you enjoy your stay and have fun!

Guest ...

Hello there. If you are looking for a community that likes jrpgs you found it. This guys seem to know most of them and even import a few. I think you will make good friends with Ludono and Barrel. There might be a few more besides roy and ciel that are willing to import japenese games but they might be inactive.

I'm just the resident Skyrim Grump. I use to gfx but then I took a lazy to the knee.

Welcome to the fold! Also you live in the same city as me, super awesome! Which begs me to ask, are you the Jonathan I usually StreetPass at Publix (I think) that says oprainfall.com as their greeting? [/stalker]

That's....totally me. Although it says "at radicaldefect" now--but that will soon change.  :P

It's a small world after all. 

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe this is what they call...destiny.  :lol:

(On a related "introductory note"--I also work at a southern-grown grocery chain called Publix! Haha. Also...I'm going to slowly add peoples' 3DS Friend Codes as I see them, starting with this very thread. Back to work for now--thanks so much for the warm welcome, all!)

Welcome to GP! I'm sure you'll make a great addition to the staff. :D

I, err...don't have anything else to add that hasn't already been said, so I'll just leave it at that. :P

Wait... you work at that Publix?  O-o

...Me too.

It's a REALLY small world.

• Like 1

That would be a crazy twist if gai and Johnathan are coworkers the whole time. :o

...Me too.

Holy cow, this is an interesting turn of events, lol. xD

To think that two co-workers would be working for the same small videogame website—that's pretty cool!

Holy cow, this is an interesting turn of events, lol. xD

To think that two co-workers would be working for the same small videogame website—that's pretty cool!

So it goes. We're talking lottery jackpot level, the odds of this thread. 

I am officially impressed.

Hello hello, love to see new blood on GP.

And I mean that literally; you were informed about the blood sacrifice, yes?

• Like 3

Hello hello, love to see new blood on GP.

And I mean that literally; you were informed about the blood sacrifice, yes?

Oh, did we forget to mention that? Silly us.

The real question is... will he post outside of this introduction thread? That is right, I am calling you out. 

The real question is... will he post outside of this introduction thread? That is right, I am calling you out. 

I will, I promise! Yesterday was jam-packed. Today's much better. You'll see! :P

• Like 1

I will, I promise! Yesterday was jam-packed. Today's much better. You'll see! :P

That's what they all say, then we just end up alone and broken....with each other....alone....

• Like 1

I also work at a southern-grown grocery chain called Publix!

...Me too.

I work at Publix too...

Man this is like some kind of episode of Twilight Zone. What a twist!

tumblr_mnhjtlPevW1s7v2glo1_500.gif

emma-stone-excited.gif

• Like 2

I work at Publix too...

Jeebus.

Pea green colored grocery chains are taking all the able bodied employees, I see.

Hello Jonathan!

I told this to Jason before but I actually saw you during E3 this year around the Sonic booth at some point. But because we weren't Twitter buddies or anything it seemed weird to just run up and say "hey dude, you're cool and I like your work." ANYHOW... It's fun to see that you have joined the GP family now! :D

• Like 1

Hello Jonathan!

I told this to Jason before but I actually saw you during E3 this year around the Sonic booth at some point. But because we weren't Twitter buddies or anything it seemed weird to just run up and say "hey dude, you're cool and I like your work." ANYHOW... It's fun to see that you have joined the GP family now! :D

See, now both gaiages and Marcus can prove I actually exist/am who I say I am! That's comforting :P

I hope I didn't look like too much of a goober. E3 2014 was...surreal in many, many ways. I was either in a total reverie or about to fall asleep from writing some nineteen hands-on pieces.

...Man, this year has been so good, in terms of announcements and things to look forward to.