HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Posting Podunkers!

Welcome to the May Prize Vault giveaway. This month one active forum contributor as voted on by the Game Podunk Moderators will win Max Payne 3 for the console of their choice (Playstation 3 or Xbox 360) along with a number of other random prizes!

61g8yPKo0gL._AA300_.jpg51C6fHNuGNL._AA300_.jpg

Please note that the Game Podunk Moderators will be choosing a winner based on the quality of threads and comments they have posted over the past month. As usual, winners are contacted through PM and will have 2 business days to respond or another winner will be selected.

Remember that the idea behind the Prize Vault is to offer our members an incentive for contributing great forum posts and to improve the overall quality of our discussions. Hence, spamming is strictly forbidden and won't be tolerated. Members who are suspected of or seen leaving massive low quality posts will be warned and possibly banned.

2009-06-23_11-52-48-6232009-580px.jpg

Please leave thoughtful and respectable comments to help GP maintain our high standards for quality content. And thanks to our dedicated Editors, we now have plenty of stories to post your say! Check out the GP Press Forum and start increasing your post count while supporting GP to carry on great discussions. Best of luck and as always, good luck everyone!

Disclaimer: Game Podunk does not guarantee the working condition of the used games and will not offer a replacement or an exchange for defective/incompatible products. Most of the used games we ship have been donated to us and may not have been tested.

Contest is open to all (even International members) but please be aware that all the games are NTSC Region 1 (NOT PAL); Game Podunk is not responsible for prizes being incompatible. Other restrictions may apply.

Nice giveaway! Max Payne 3 should be a really interesting game. Good luck to all!

Once again, an awesome prize! Was a big fan of the first two Max Payne games, and despite this looking quite different it still piqued my interest.

Kudos to game podunk for offering these contests. They are wonderful perks to being a community member at this site. :) Good luck to all!!

Wow you guys always pick the best games to do giveaways ^^ May the quality posts begin ^^

I'm definitely in. Hoping to play the first two in the series too. Good luck all.

A,K.A. about F***ING TIME xD

So psyched for this game. I'm sure it will do Max proud.

Woo! Excited for this game. It's been a long time since I've played a Max Payne game. Looks like I gotta work a little harder to win this. Good luck everyone! Mayb the best poster win!

Max Payne is a genre-defining title so I'm glad this contest is in place. Many people forget just how revolutionary Max's bullet-time mechanics were at the time. Even though we had The Matrix, there's no doubt that Max Payne really made kick-buttery a reality. Anyone could feel like an awesome noir-cop in a pulpy action story. Maybe that's why I'm super-psyched for this game!

Just to say, I hope we get Max in PS Battle Royale. It needs a gritty fighter

Just to say, I hope we get Max in PS Battle Royale. It needs a gritty fighter

Is he a Sony character only? I thought max was on xbox too.

Awesome giveaway it looks like it will be a great game. I know TK and Cobra have been waiting for this to come out I have been waiting for it too.

Is he a Sony character only? I thought max was on xbox too.

Yeah he was on everything except Gamecube, but you never know!

Awesome giveaway it looks like it will be a great game. I know TK and Cobra have been waiting for this to come out I have been waiting for it too.

Yea man, this game looks great. Back then I see Max Payne and I was like, hmm this doesn't interest me. But after hearing more and more about this game. I definitely need to go and get the other two MP games and play them. This game looks great though.

@inferno: Very true, he could come on as a third party. That would be nice. You can have two form. One with hair and one without hair haha.

I absolutely loved the original Max Payne games, especially the second one, but I don't really think my posting count & quality is very high this month. Thanks for the great giveaway though, and if somehow I beat out everyone else in your eyes feel free to pick me. ^_^

I just watched a video for the first 20 minutes of Max Payne 3. Definitely looked good.

Another awesome prize vault giveaway and good luck to everyone trying for this game. I'm playing it right now and enjoying it even though I've never played the first two games and the only basis I have on the series is that I watched the Max Payne movie for backstory. :P

Wow! These are great competitions that these podunk guys are offering, I doubt I will be qualified for entry in the Max Payne competition but by next month I will be available for entry. :] Keep up the good work guys and remember innovation is the key to a strong fan base! ;p

I played a portion of Max Payne 2 at my friends house and the bullet-time was relatively dazzling to watch and there were a a few funny scenes tha came with all the action like the part where Max goes to open a door and the whole wall around it collapses!!!

Undoubtedlly, Max Payne 3's 'Behind the Technology' sported a fair amount of these great leaps you could do in-game and that the character's torso was independent from his legs and so was able to turn and shoot while targeting your enemies and at the same time running away from them.

However the cause, you would have to overlook the fact that he never undergoes any physical strain or injury with the numerous times that his body impacts the ground. ;p

All in all, I believe there is simply one word to describe Max Payne's 3 gameplay mechanics and that is...breathtaking.

I only played the first one. But I loved it, and bullet time, so much, I played through it a second time! =)

I'll probably skip the second one to play this new one! It looks quite epic! Anyone have any reasons as to why I need to play the second one? And what platforms is it out on?

Another giveaway? Nice!

And people say that it's a dry summer for gaming. Pfft. One of the best I would say: Diablo 3, Max Payne 3, Lollipop Chainsaw, Ghost Recon, Dragon's Dogma, Gravity Rush, Witcher 2 for Xbox, Prototype 2, The Darkness 2, Stawhawk...the list goes on.

I only played the first one. But I loved it, and bullet time, so much, I played through it a second time! =)

I'll probably skip the second one to play this new one! It looks quite epic! Anyone have any reasons as to why I need to play the second one? And what platforms is it out on?

Man, smallpau1, you should play the second one as well if you liked the first one as the second one provides more epic scenes with bullet time and also it continues the story of Max Payne...so I would advise you to get because not only will you learn more about Max but you will have a blast with that game!!!