HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Shin GenX

What have you seen recently and what did you think?

I just watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol.

Enjoyed both but was a little disappointed with MI GP. I though Rise of P Apes was a cool

prequel and wasn't too dark in its ending. The ending could have been mankind being

wiped out but that was kind of an afterending.

I really liked MI3 and I am a huge! fan of Brad Bird so my disappointment with MI GP probably

comes from too much expectations. I wanted to be blown away but I was merely entertained ^^

What have you guys watched recently and how was it?

This might sound dumb BUT..The new Muppet Movie. Maybe it is because I work with kids but i have the maturity level of a 4th grader. Anyway my daughter and I loved this movie. I think it also helped that Bret from Flight of the ConChords helped with the music. Hope to see that new Avengers Movie soon too.

Not movies, but I watched a BBC tv show called Outcasts and it was pretty good. Only 8 episodes though sadly. I also started another BBC show called Sherlock Holmes, but it only has 3 episodes. Enjoying it so far (only have one more to watch). I seem to like the British sci fi shows. The last movie I saw in theaters was the Hunger Games.

I saw Pirates Band of Misfits at a free screening. It was decent and I had a few laughs but not as good as Wallace and Gromit, Chicken Run or Shaun the Sheep.

The last movie I saw at the theater was The Raid, which kicked a truckload of ass. :D

The last movie I saw at the theater was The Raid, which kicked a truckload of ass. :D

I really want to see that movie. Was that movie made in Thai?

OK.. some people might not appreciate this but this was so funny to me.

First to explain why I had to share this... I just watched Tekken the movie.... before everyone starts hating me.

I had to kill time and I couldn't borrow Thor or Captain America. So for a buck I borrowed Tekken... the movie

as expected was terrible and not related to the movie at all. So then I ventured onto imdb as always to read

about the movie afterwards and I stumbled on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlSLJu-qAS0

This is an awesome movie review of the Tekken CG movie. It is long and I am actually writing this as I am watching

the video but... it is actually very funny. If you guys have 30 mins to kill and like hearing stuff about terrible movies.

This is worth your time ^^ Enjoy!

The guys that does this is actually pretty good and does his homework as well as preparing the videos.

• Like 1

I wanted to see Tekken. I figured it probably won't be great or anything. But I wanted to watch it since I have played a few games of Tekken already. I been waiting to see when it'll be out. Guess I got my answer now.

I really want to see that movie. Was that movie made in Thai?

It was made in Indonesia.

The Avengers and well everyone should go see it.

I finished watching Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol. I really liked this movie. No wonder it got such high rating on rotten tomatoes and grossed over $600 milllions. I thought the action was great. I really liked the guy that played William Brant (Jeremy something).

My two favorite part of him

was when he talked to Benji about having to make the jump and how he said "you are rushing through a very important part." Going on about in light of what just happened with Tom Cruise climbing the building, the technology isn't exactly reassuring for him to jump 25 foot long. Then Benji goes on to say you should worry about the heat and he said, "So I'm jumping into an oven essentially."

Also, before he actually did the jump and he was stretching the whole time like he was prepared to go for an olympic meet. LOL I just thought those two parts were so funny and well done.

Also loved the BMW car, I need one of those.

I think I only saw part of MI2 and don't recall seeing MI3. So I definitely want to see those two as well.

I saw Thor a couple of nights ago. That was awesome. Excellent movie. I really like Thor voice haha. And of course, Natalie Portman was great, so pretty.

I was sad to see the ending that Thor and Jane couldn't be together. But I saw that she will be in Thor 2 so of course I know they will get to meet up again. So that isn't too bad.

It was also awesome to see how characters are tied into the Avengers. Like Phil was in Thor also and the scientist guy. Of course seeing Hawkeye was cool too.

Plus, now I know who Thor was referring to when he was on the SHIELD ship in the Avengers. The picture of the girl they showed was Jane. I had no idea then.

DarkCobra86 you have been watching a lot of movies similar to me ^^

Yeah I enjoyed all those movies. Surprised you saw The Avengers before Thor. Glad you enjoyed it ^^

Watched an old Nicholas Cage film called Zandalee...it was......interesting.

DarkCobra86 you have been watching a lot of movies similar to me ^^

Yeah I enjoyed all those movies. Surprised you saw The Avengers before Thor. Glad you enjoyed it ^^

Yea, I remember seeing the trailer for Thor when it came out and wanted to see it. But I never got to see it while being in school. I first realized about the Avengers from the post credit from Captain America: The first Avengers. So basically the Avengers was released and school ended a week or so later for me. Of course being a big super hero fanatic, I went ahead and go see it with my sister. After that I knew I had to see Thor because the Avengers made me like him more than I thought I would. To be honest, the old looking Thor in the comic book with the viking hat just doesn't do it for me. Looks so lame. Oh wow, I have a hammer that makes thunder, wow I'm so cool...except not really. But yea the Avengers made him really cool for me so I knew I had to watch it.

I would hope to see Green Lantern next or Super 8 (my sister said it was good). I also have to finish Sherlock Holmes. My sister and I watched it three times now and all three times we somehow fail to finish it due to some odd reason haha.

I saw Shame last night. The premise really stood out to me but the movie itself didn't hit itself out the park. I dunno, it was rather understated and I can see why people like it but I wasn't crazy about it. :P Hoping to watch something else this weekend.

Yea, I remember seeing the trailer for Thor when it came out and wanted to see it. But I never got to see it while being in school. I first realized about the Avengers from the post credit from Captain America: The first Avengers. So basically the Avengers was released and school ended a week or so later for me. Of course being a big super hero fanatic, I went ahead and go see it with my sister. After that I knew I had to see Thor because the Avengers made me like him more than I thought I would. To be honest, the old looking Thor in the comic book with the viking hat just doesn't do it for me. Looks so lame. Oh wow, I have a hammer that makes thunder, wow I'm so cool...except not really. But yea the Avengers made him really cool for me so I knew I had to watch it.

I would hope to see Green Lantern next or Super 8 (my sister said it was good). I also have to finish Sherlock Holmes. My sister and I watched it three times now and all three times we somehow fail to finish it due to some odd reason haha.

GREEN LANTERN! Forget what people say about it, I liked that movie and not just because I have a non-homosexual man-crush on Ryan Reynolds!

GREEN LANTERN! Forget what people say about it, I liked that movie and not just because I have a non-homosexual man-crush on Ryan Reynolds!

LOL. So I actually saw Ryan Reynolds last night...err I meant Green Lantern. But I have to saw, the whole first part of the movie was just all about showing off his body haha. My sister was like damn he's good looking. I'm like, no homo but yes with that body haha. But man Blake Lively gosh she is so pretty. He's dating her after they film this movie. Very pretty couple.

Back to the movie. I thought it was really cool to see how he would use his ring to think of things to use in battle. I always thought that was cool since they can make whatever they want to.

I really loved the speech Carol gave Hal about courage. How maybe he was chosen by the ring not because he was fearless but because he could overcome fear itself through courage. I thought that was such a good speech and really it is true. I think everyone feels fear but you can overcome it. But on wiki they also said this was really how Kyle Rayner was chosen to be a green lantern. Not because he was fearless but because they knew he could overcome it.

I also thought the fight with Parallax was kind of lame. Like he doesn't really do anything. He just floats around and shoots out yellow fear. And then he gets killed by being sucked into the Sun. I mean I guess that was the only way to beat him. I wonder how did Abin Sur capture him back then and how in the world did he die so easily (Abin Sur that is). Like you owned him once and now you get killed by a shot to the upper sternum? Come on bro, get up and kick some ass.

Whole time I felt like Sinestro was evil. I don't think one can play a good guy when their name starts with "Sin." But does that mean the ring made a mistake? I read on wikipedia that he kept the ring after the green lantern that gave hi the ring initially recovered and wanted it back. So seems like he was bound to be bad from the start.

Overall I enjoyed it a lot. I guess I'm just big into superheroes so when I see movies about them I like it no matter what people say. I thought it was funny too. A lot funnier than what I thought. Watch it people, it is worth a one time watch if nothing else.

Well yeah Green Lantern... was whatever. I watched it with negative 50 expectation and got exactly what I expected. Renting the movie for a dollar didn't feel like a waste of money ^^

I recently rented Cop Out and City of Ember.

Cop Out was meh... especially for a Kevin Smith film. Bruce Willis did what he could do.

City of Ember on the otherhand was pretty awesome. I really want to read the book now. It could have been done better but it was a pleasant surprise!

Well, my previous statements a bit awkward now that DC has announced Earth 2 Green Lantern to be homosexual lol

Rented Woman in Black and Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol from Redbox today, watched both. Glad I decided not to see them in theatres, they were both decent but not overly fantastic. Simon Pegg was quite funny in Ghost Protocol though!

I saw Mission Impossible 1 last night. Boy was it still good. I could still remember some of those scenes from when I saw it in the theaters. But man Tom Cruise sure have changed over the years. You can see how much skinner he was back then and with short hairs. Personally I think the long hair look is better for him. That last scene was pretty epic, one of those if it happened in real life, hundreds of life on that train would be dead.

Watched Super 8 on bluray today and WOW, that was a really good movie! Couldn't help but compare it to ET though, albeit a more flesh hungry alien!

Went and saw Men in Black 3 in theatres today courtesy of a free ticket (Thanks Amazon!)

Really good movie, lacked a bit of the touch of the first two but made up for it with a brilliant performance from the guy who played young Kay (forget his name). Shame the ending song was Pitbull and not Will Smith's fantastic MiB song!

I watched Mission Impossible 2 and I thought it wasn't bad. I still remember the first scene that Ethan was rock climbing and how Ben Stiller was his stunt double. I think it was from a Kids Choice award that they did that. I still remember the part where Ethan turns around and instead of Tom Cruise you see Ben Stiller. I loved the bike chase scene at the end. I thought it was really amazing. Some pimp moments like going through that bridge and him doing all these wheel tricks. I felt like he could have joined Moto GP. The last boss fight was good but unrealistic. I know they had to draw it out, I understand that. But let's be honest, many people would die from any of those moves or just be knocked out cold. These guys getting up and up was crazy.

Finished Mission Impossible 3 last night. The movie was good. I was surprised to see Benji in the movie and thought he was really funny with his lines. I really love the thing they used to make the face. What an amazing machine. I was also surprised at how pretty Maggie Q looked in that movie. I never thought she was that pretty.

I thought the scene were he was talking with Luther about Lindsay was so funny. "So do you sleep with your little sister?" Haha so funny, who ask that kind of questions.

I thought the ending was so unrealistic. I mean his wife learns to become a sharpshooter just by having him telling her how to use a gun. Plus, after she finished off all the enemies there is no way Ethan could be alive. You already have lost so much time to use CPR on him that his chances of surviving are decreased by half every second they don't start CPR on him. But that is hollywood so I can't be nit picky on that.