HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Shin GenX

What have you seen recently and what did you think?

Watched X-Men First Class last night. It was meh, Kevin Bacon pretty much ruined it for me.

Watched X-Men First Class last night. It was meh, Kevin Bacon pretty much ruined it for me.

Thank you for this reminder. I need to watch this movie too.

Watched Prometheus at midnight last night, and WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

$@#% be crazy! Go see it! Now!

Watched Prometheus at midnight last night too, and [insert Ludono's Woo].

Poop be crazy! See it with your own eyes! Now!

I had finally gotten around to watching Jack and Jill with Adam Sandler, Tower Heist, Contraband, and The Grey. I enjoyed all four movies but The Grey is definitely the one I liked most.

This isn't a movie but it's still darn worth a mention. Falling Skies. Seriously, this show is pretty decent. There aren't many like it, and it's a great tide-over until my October obsession. If you don't know what's in October, you're probably not a fan of the Walking Dead. That's also a great show, but we have to wait for a few months.

I see all of the top hit movies that come out so I never miss a thing. Most recently I saw Sherlock Homes 2 and loved it even more the the first. Later on tonight I am going to watch Ghost Rider 2 yay.

I see all of the top hit movies that come out so I never miss a thing. Most recently I saw Sherlock Homes 2 and loved it even more the the first. Later on tonight I am going to watch Ghost Rider 2 yay.

I don't know much about Ghost Rider but the character looks dumb to me. Was the first movie worth watching anyone?

Also, everyone need to watch Suit. It is such a great show. This is the beginning of the second season and it is on Thursday at 10pm eastern time.

This is a summary from wiki

Mike Ross (Patrick J. Adams) is a brilliant college dropout. Mike's childhood dream of becoming an attorney was derailed after he was caught selling a math exam to the Dean's daughter. Naturally intelligent and with an eidetic memory, Mike makes a living taking tests for other people, particularly LSATs.

Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht) is one of New York City's top attorneys who has recently been promoted to senior partner at his firm, and is forced by company policy to hire an associate. After an accidental interview with Mike, Harvey is impressed by the younger man's quick wits, his encyclopedic knowledge of the law, and his genuine desire to be an attorney, and hires him. Due to the fact that Mike lacks a law degree, and because the firm exclusively hires Harvard alumni, they both pretend that Mike is a Harvard graduate.

At the firm, Mike is continuously hounded by junior partner Louis Litt (Rick Hoffman), Harvey's jealous rival. Mike is eventually befriended by Rachel Zane (Meghan Markle), a paralegal, whose test anxiety has prevented her from attending law school, and the two soon develop a mutual attraction. Mike and Harvey often come into conflict over Mike's naiveté and ethical scruples and Harvey's hard charging and seemingly uncaring demeanor. Even so, the two make strong partnership, helping each other overcome his weaknesses.

Watched Jeepers Creepers...yeah, not much I can say about that.

Just finished watching The secret world of Arrietty blu-ray and it was very good as all Ghibli movies are.

I checked out the new Sherlock Holmes movie. It was pretty darn good! There were one or two surprises I didn't see coming (until they hit, of course). There was definitely a lot more action and adventure in this film. As usual, Downey Jr. and Jude Law were great partners in crime-fighting, though some interactions between the two were a little hard to family. Naomi Rapace also has a semi-major role in the film, though she was more or less a quasi-romance interest/third wheel. Overall, the film was pretty entertaining!

Movie Score: 7/10

I just saw Chernobyl Diaries, and it, well, tried to say the least. I'd say just to pass it up -_-

Heyo! I was gonna make a thread something like this, but had to dig deeper to find this. Anyways been watching movies and some shows lately to catch up which led me to less sleep and left eye twitching. I seriously need to sleep more as I'm losing some focus and motivation lately.

Movies

The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey

5beb955025af72c4d415f615662bb20a.jpg?ito
I thought this was a great movie for the prequel and really enjoyed it. Not as epic as the LotR movies, but the adventure so far is quite fun. I've never read the book so I don't know much stuff from that were implemented in the film. It was indeed a long movie so I watched with my dad since we rent it from Netflix. There were times I fell asleep because the plot was moving slow, but picked up eventually. The end left me wanting more and continue the journey. Overall thought it was great acting and loved seeing that badass Gandalf again.

Score - 8/10

End of Watch

end-of-watch-exclusive-quad-poster-11783

This is a movie I watched the other day that featured two buddy cops showing what they do and stuff with their camera to show what they kind of do in the police force. It was very interesting the storyline was pretty good. They do some police work on different crimes which led to them on a dangerous crime about the Mexican Cartel. It was intense and pretty good. The ending was very sad and the cast did a pretty good job. Besides Jake Gyllenhal, I think Michael Pena is an underrated actor who is mostly put in minor/sidekick roles. I like his roles in most of his movies. Anyways I recommend watching this if you like cop type movies.

Score - 8/10

TV

Avatar: The Last Airbender Season 1
510119jcEmL._SX500_.jpg
What can I say about this series so far? I'm done with the first season and really had a great time watching it. I'm happy to finally get the chance to watch it since most of my friends talked about it and hearing Kiky's opinions and fun stuff. Anyways I like the character developments in each episode and getting to know more about Aang's past and backstory. Sokka is pretty hilarious and he's my favorite character so far. Zuko is a cool villain in this season and I get the feeling that he's gonna have his opinions changed about Aang later. The Fire Nation is sure evil! Anyways each episode is fun and love the story for each of them. I don't have a problem with the series so far and truly glad to check it out. Anyways I'm looking forward moving straight to season 2.

Score - 9/10

*On a side note, I should try doing some movie/tv reviews on my blog sometime. xD

I finally saw Star Trek last night. And boy it was good. Can't wait to see the second movie.

When I figured out that Spock Prime was the original Spock, boy I thought that was cool to bring him back for that.

I watched Les Miserables most recently, and while I think it was fantastically made with great production values and acting, it was ROUGH to watch much of the time. Namely the first 30 or so minutes with Hathaway were brutal, so I can't say it's something I could ever sit through again. Still, it is definitely one of the best musicals I've seen in ages (though I admit, not being particularly fond of them I haven't watched too many), and would highly recommend it. Just don't watch it if you aren't prepared for something heavy :unsure:

Next up is Django Unchained, which I've heard great things about B)

Saw RED and thought that was cool. Loved the comedy in it. My sister said their is a second one coming out and I'll be looking forward to it. I thought John Malchovich was especially funny in that movie.

Finally saw Warm Bodies and it wasn't bad. I liked it. Now I know the cure for zombies icon_e_biggrin.gif.

Also saw A Good Day to Die Hard. I saw the review wasn't good for the movie and I can see why. A lot of the scene are over the top to where you think they shouldn't survive but of course they do. I still thought it was a good movie. That was my first die hard movie so I definitely want to see some other ones too.

I watched the new Wizard of Oz movie..I went in not expecting much, but I kinda like it more than the original movie.

Guest ...

Readers beware rant ahead.

How odd that I would see this thread right after watching The Amazing Spider Man. Geez what a horrible movie. They make Peter Parker and arrogant egotistical whiny self indulgent brat. I know his funny in "The amazing spiderman" comic books and sassy. But his not sAssy if you catch my drift. I like Spiderman 1 better and it's cast.

Also whats up with him being in the suit all the time yet his mask is off most of the time his wearing it. Kind of kills the purpose doesn't it? I remember in Spiderman 1-3 he only took of the mask spare times. Thats like Bruce walking around with the suit on except for the mask.

Emma is cute as always but I don't think blonde suits her. The main male actor is lanky... and again I know thats how the amazing spiderman is but it's a little to much to take in. The amazing spiderman and spiderman seem like two completely different characters even though they are the same. I think I will stick with the origenal.

How odd that I would see this thread right after watching The Amazing Spider Man. Geez what a horrible movie. They make Peter Parker and arrogant egotistical whiny self indulgent brat. I know his funny in "The amazing spiderman" comic books and sassy. But his not sAssy if you catch my drift. I like Spiderman 1 better and it's cast.

Also whats up with him being in the suit all the time yet his mask is off most of the time his wearing it. Kind of kills the purpose doesn't it? I remember in Spiderman 1-3 he only took of the mask spare times. Thats like Bruce walking around with the suit on except for the mask.

Emma is cute as always but I don't think blonde suits her. The main male actor is lanky... and again I know thats how the amazing spiderman is but it's a little to much to take in. The amazing spiderman and spiderman seem like two completely different characters even though they are the same. I think I will stick with the origenal.

Kiky! I think I want to have a debate with you on this. I had some stuff typed, but then I couldn't say it in words so I deleted it. Although I don't really participate in debates and usually say nothing and listen, but I'll do my best anyways and give it a shot. We'll have to do it on Skype. I'm prepared to be awful with my talking since you usually correct my mistakes.

Kiky! I think I want to have a debate with you on this. I had some stuff typed, but then I couldn't say it in words so I deleted it. Although I don't really participate in debates and usually say nothing and listen, but I'll do my best anyways and give it a shot. We'll have to do it on Skype. I'm prepared to be awful with my talking since you usually correct my mistakes.

Another GP debate? I'm totally down for this. I think Spiderman 1 was really good. Amazing spiderman wasn't bad either. But you can tell that the spiderman series tailed off badly with Spiderman 3 and a reboot was in order. Or something at least. I thought though they did a better job with the love story in Amazing spiderman.

Another GP debate? I'm totally down for this. I think Spiderman 1 was really good. Amazing spiderman wasn't bad either. But you can tell that the spiderman series tailed off badly with Spiderman 3 and a reboot was in order. Or something at least. I thought though they did a better job with the love story in Amazing spiderman.

xD I really wanted to defend the film. I agree I like the love story in this one because Gwen Stacy is the real first love of Peter just like in the comics. The movie followed the comics pretty good. Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man are two completely different storytelling.

YES, A FELLOW RANTER! I also didn't enjoy TAS in the slightest, and really had to force myself to watch it. Everything just felt like I'd seen it before, and the villain was just completely boring and one dimensional. Acting was alright, but I didn't thought Peter was too much like a jock and missed the awkward Tony Maguire who seemed to pull off he geek act much better. Yes, Spiderman 3 was absolutely abysmal, but in my eyes TAS is only a few steps ahead. I hope TAS 2 at the very least can do a better job of differentiating itself now the origin is out of the way, but TAS 1 just completely killed any interest I may have had in it :(

Ugh why can't I type what I want to say? I have something typed up again and then deleted. Bleh. xD

Meanwhile the last movie I've watched recently was Les Miserables. It was quite good and don't really watch musical films, but this one was nice. It's just amazing to see Hugh Jackman sing and be a superhero at the same time. xD

Guest ...

xD I really wanted to defend the film. I agree I like the love story in this one because Gwen Stacy is the real first love of Peter just like in the comics. The movie followed the comics pretty good. Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man are two completely different storytelling.

It just seemed like the Twilight of super hero movies. The main male character was completely unlikeable and as a spiderman fan I never thought I would say that because I adore peter. But this guy wasn't peter he was some bratty kid who didn't even seem to care about his grandfathers death. I think Toby did a way better job at showing that Peter never wanted that life but he knew it was something he had to do. While this peter was completely in love with the idea of having super powers. But we will wait till later to skype it over if you want.

But you have your own opinions and if you liked it better then spiderman that's completely fine by me. There is no right or wrong here just a matter of personal preference.

It just seemed like the Twilight of super hero movies. The main male character was completely unlikeable and as a spiderman fan I never thought I would say that because I adore peter. But this guy wasn't peter he was some bratty kid who didn't even seem to care about his grandfathers death. I think Toby did a way better job at showing that Peter never wanted that life but he knew it was something he had to do. While this peter was completely in love with the idea of having super powers. But we will wait till later to skype it over if you want.

But you have your own opinions and if you liked it better then spiderman that's completely fine by me. There is no right or wrong here just a matter of personal preference.

I like TAS, but that doesn't mean I like it better than the original. The first Spider-Man movie will always be special and the best. I remember going to watch the first day it came and out and it was worth waiting for hours. The cast is tremendously amazing as well. No one could play a Jonah Jameson better than J.K. Simmons (he should def be a permanent Jameson for all Spider-Man movies). Also interesting fact, the stunt double for Kirsten Dunst happened to be my substitute teacher one day in high school. It was so cool! She looked exactly like her and of course I was too shy to talk to her. I agree with Tobey doing a better job of showing emotion for Uncle Ben, it gets me everytime I see that scene. The quote "Great power comes with great responsibility" gave him a good character development. Tobey will def be the Spider-Man we all love. Of course with the new Spider-Man it's not going to be easy to win over Andrew Garfield being in that role.

Andrew Garfield's approach is very different from Tobey because this is basically another variation of Spider-Man in the comics. He reminds me of the Peter Parker in Ultimate Spider-Man. Of course when you have powers you're going to be cocky and bratty with it because you have it and feel all mighty and try to use it towards others. I dunno. Lol I keep having writer's block on trying to say something. There is just something that is unique with this take on TAS. Sure not everyone will like it, but yeah we have different opinions. I respect and love your opinions. We have different minds and it's fun to share stuff. ^_^

Just like other hero movies. People will say Keaton is the best Batman and some will say Bale is the better one. We all have different opinions and I just happened to like TAS. Doesn't mean I like it better than the original Spider-Man, but it was a fresh start if they want to do a reboot and try doing something different. It would have been great if Tobey continued the role, but I guess things didn't work out.

I'm hoping TAS 2 will be even better since there's a great cast with Jamie Foxx, Paul Giamati, Chris Cooper, Dane DeHaan, Felicity Jones being in them. Just gotta hope not to overuse too much villains like the 3rd.

Spiderman, Spiderman, Does whatever a spider can. Spins a web, any size. Catches thieves just like flies. Look Out! Here comes the Spiderman.