HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Shin GenX

What have you seen recently and what did you think?

I called it being good. Freaking been telling you since I saw that trailer.

Yes thank you for letting me know a show on the only network I really watch shows from and has given us Band of Brothers, the sopranos, Rome, game for Thrones, hung, true blood, boardwalk empire and many more would be good . speaking of which why have you not seen those shows?! xD

Yes thank you for letting me know a show on the only network I really watch shows from and has given us Band of Brothers, the sopranos, Rome, game for Thrones, hung, true blood, boardwalk empire and many more would be good . speaking of which why have you not seen those shows?! xD

Because Hunter x Hunter? Like seriously, about a week ago I was like in the fourties. Now I'm on episode 101.

Because Hunter x Hunter? Like seriously, about a week ago I was like in the fourties. Now I'm on episode 101.

Dat 1.5X Speed ;)

• Like 1

Dat 1.5X Speed ;)

Nope, normal speed. Too good for 1.5x.

Watched Dredd just now. It was pretty good, the slow mo scenes were a little boring (except the one with them shooting people, but otherwise) but other than that it was pretty much pure action with no awkward comedy or romance or anything stupid shoved in, so I can get behind that.

But the scenes with the corrupt judges were really confusing since it was hard to tell which one was which, lol.

Score dump:

Mary & Max (2009) - 4/5
Night of the Living Dead (1968) - 5/5
Yojimbo (1961) [Re] - 4.5/5
Tokyo Godfathers (2003) [Re] - 4.5/5
Cropsey (2010) - 2.5/5
The Queen of Versailles (2012) - 3/5

I watched Guardians of the galaxy on sunday and it was awesome and funny so go watch it right now!

I watched Guardians of the galaxy on sunday and it was awesome and funny so go watch it right now!

Oh, yeah, I saw that on Saturday. xD It was great, 9/10

Guardians of the Galaxy - 4/5

Guest ...

Indie Game the Movie.

Phil Fish can suck on a pineapple. I want to feel bad for him because clearly he is depressed and under a lot of pressure. But the way he handles it with such narcissism and d--chbaggery is to much for me to feel sorry for the guy.

So happy for the creators of Meat Boy, the way they explained how important and why the girlfriend was important was really nice. She was his bandage because he was exposed to the cruel world. He wanted to save her because he needed her to survive. Thats beautiful. I get the feeling that he created it thinking of his girlfriend, they seem really happy together.

Good movie over all but we need a V2 so many indie games this days.

8/10 I love documentaries.

I'm currently watching Secrets of Chatsworth I'll update when I finish so far so good. I love me so history and this ones a historical documentary so I'm already having fun.

Kik Kennedy was my favorite part her and the Duke seemed really nice.

7/10

I watched Cap USA 2 and Web slinger 2 both good movies :) I can't wait to see what happens next in Cap USA 3.

So I've been working on my backlog of recorded movies from HBO/Cinemax/Starz free preview weekends dating from last November on DirecTV. Here are the films I finished. Finally watched them all.

Iron Man 3 - 4/5
Monsters University - 4/5

Zero Dark Thirty - 5/5
Pacific Rim - 5/5
2 Guns - 4/5
Identity Thief - 3/5

R.I.P.D - 3/5
Pitch Perfect - 4/5
The Purge - 3/5
The Internship - 4/5
Ender's Game - 4/5
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone - 3/5
Bullet to the Head - 3/5
Red 2 - 3/5

Now You See Me - 4/5
We're the Millers - 3/5
Snitch - 4/5
Man of Steel - 4/5
The Conjuring - 4/5
Prisoners - 5/5
Riddick - 4/5
Jack the Giant Slayer - 3/5
Trance - 4/5
The Place Beyond the Pines - 5/5

Rush - 4/5

• Like 1

Last movie: Cabin in the Woods- 4/5

Enjoyable and definitely better than I had expected it to be. 

Last TV show(s): Saved by the Bell- 3/5

I mean... What's to say about the show, lol?

Angel- 4/5

I really need to get back into this show. 

I watched American Hustle last night; it sucked. 2/5

Ex Machina (2015) : â˜…★★☆☆

I am not sure if my score reflects me being a philosophy snob, a film snob, or if anime has spoiled me. This film goes down a checklist of must-hit references and techniques (philosophy, literary, filmic, etc.) and does not miss a single one. It is without a doubt visually interesting, but beyond that it is particularly trite—which is sad when it could have been so much more. 'Ex Machina' is to Ava as moviegoers who praise the film are to Caleb. I guess that likes Alex Garland, the film's director, to Nathan.

I watched American Hustle last night; it sucked. 2/5

I thought the movie was good. It was a bit thrown together I agree but it was good.

I watched Jupiter Ascending today and it was pretty cool I liked it. Lots of cool action and explosions with cool space ships.

Mad Max: Fury Road

10/10

Flipping AWESOME. Watched in 4DX and I want to watch it again! Best part of them movie was THIS GUY. when the War Party charges in with the guitar guy rocking out and blasting fire out of his guitar while he shreds metal? AWESOMESSSSS

mad-max-fury-road-10.png

I started watching The Wire recently and have made it half way through season three. This might be the show that replaces Breaking Bad as my all time favorite.

I recently saw Lovely Bones.

I really liked the first half, and there was a scene that really had me at the edge of my seat.

The only thing was the ending.  It didn't sit well with me.  

I like the fact that the murderer dies and in some sense it is poetic justice, I still would have liked to have seen more actual justice ^^

The part that I didn't like the most is that the girl comes back to possess another girl just to kiss a guy.  I read in the book they actual have sex.  Part of it makes sense because she was raped before killed and she wanted to restore the broken experience but to me it felt like what is most important to a girl is to have a relationship with a guy.  That is what I didn't like too much ^^

Still the movie was definitely interesting ^^

I am currently watching Heroes Reborn and to be honest it isn't that good. At least for me I don't like the Japanese girl. She doesn't add much to it. Well at lease episode two mentioned a connection of her to Hiro but I don't know still. Kind of lame for me right now on that end. The others part of other heroes are more or less like Season 1.  A lot of people trying to figure things out.

Mr. Robot is pretty good and I recommend people watching it. I haven't finished it but it is good so far and very interesting. It is about a hacker who is a junkie that is bipolar I believe.

And Gotham of course. Will watch episode two soon.

• Like 1

Just saw The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Awesome movie.  I think I am turning into a fan of Wes Anderson.

If you want action, comedy, intrigue and general awesomeness you need to watch this movie ^^

• Like 1

If you want action, comedy, intrigue and general awesomeness you need to watch this movie ^^

I agree. I think it was the best movie of 2014. Great storytelling, acting and a nice mix of genres.

Other Wes Anderson films to check out are Bottle Rocket, Fantastic Mr Fox and The Darjeeling Limited.

I agree. I think it was the best movie of 2014. Great storytelling, acting and a nice mix of genres.

Other Wes Anderson films to check out are Bottle Rocket, Fantastic Mr Fox and The Darjeeling Limited.

I'm surprised you didn't mentioned Moonrise Kingdom, mr.me. I just saw that one recently and it's fantastic.

Yeah, I have to say I'm becoming a fan of Wes Anderson as well, though I still have yet to see The Grand Budapest Hotel. Hope to see it soon! I'll have to see if that one is on Netflix or something.