HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Shin GenX

What have you seen recently and what did you think?

I'm surprised you didn't mentioned Moonrise Kingdom, mr.me. I just saw that one recently and it's fantastic.

Yeah, I have to say I'm becoming a fan of Wes Anderson as well, though I still have yet to see The Grand Budapest Hotel. Hope to see it soon! I'll have to see if that one is on Netflix or something.

Moonrise Kingdom was also very good.

Fantastic Mr. Fox was OK.  I want to check out Aquatic, Darjeeling and Royal Tenenbaums.  Just got to go down the list basically ^^

I'm surprised you didn't mentioned Moonrise Kingdom, mr.me. I just saw that one recently and it's fantastic.

Yeah, I have to say I'm becoming a fan of Wes Anderson as well, though I still have yet to see The Grand Budapest Hotel. Hope to see it soon! I'll have to see if that one is on Netflix or something.

I was trying to only list 3 or less so as not to have an overwhelming or overly long list so I picked my top 3 after The Grand Budapest Hotel. I agree Moonrise Kingdom is also fantastic.

• Like 1

I just watched Self/less it was pretty cool. It's a bit like Face off but a bit more twisted. Cool story.

Just saw The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Awesome movie.  I think I am turning into a fan of Wes Anderson.

If you want action, comedy, intrigue and general awesomeness you need to watch this movie ^^

Did you happen to watch it on HBO? Lol it was on HBO free weekend for DirecTV. Anyways I agree it's a great movie and Anderson makes a lot of cool movies.

I agree. I think it was the best movie of 2014. Great storytelling, acting and a nice mix of genres.

Other Wes Anderson films to check out are Bottle Rocket, Fantastic Mr Fox and The Darjeeling Limited.

Out of Anderson's movies I haven't seen Bottle Rocket and The Darjeeling Limited. Def gotta check em out. Anderson makes great films.

I agree! The cast and characters were pretty interesting and hilarious. I watched it without knowing much and of course it's great. Anderson always brings out the best in his films.

Moonrise Kingdom was also very good.

Fantastic Mr. Fox was OK.  I want to check out Aquatic, Darjeeling and Royal Tenenbaums.  Just got to go down the list basically ^^

Ah another one I haven't seen which is Royal Tennebaums and Aquatic. Adding to the list of Anderson's movies to watch.

And as for me what I've been watching lately...

Anyways I watched so much movies recorded from free weekend from HBO, CInemax, Showtime, and Starz in the past few months and some free redbox rentals. I was gonna list them, but totally forgot which ones (over 20 movies man) This is why I haven't played games much. Catching up on backlog of movies and shows.. I delete them after recording for more room on DirecTV.

Let's see top of my head I remember watching are:

-Ouija

-Southpaw

-Poltergeist (the new remake)

-Pixels

-Pitch Perfect 2

-As Above So Below

-Inherent Vice

-Unbroken

-Exodus: Gods and Kings

-San Andreas

-The Avengers: Age of Ultron

-Cinderella

-Mad Max: Fury Road

-Horrible Bosses 2

-The Theory of Everything

-Taken 3

-Night of the Museum 3

-John Wick

-Dracula Untold

-Focus

-Jupiter Ascending

-Lucy

-Deadfall

-Ironclad

-The New World

-The Outsiders

-Valhalla Rising

-The Fifth Estate

-The Giver

-Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

And the last movie I recorded is The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies which I will watch tomorrow Saturday. Funny last game I beat is LOTR: Aragorn's Quest and last movie to watch is The Hobbit. I've seen the Hobbit: BotFA in theaters and that was it. Looking forward to watching it the 2nd time.

Anyways you have no idea how much hours I spent binge watching these other than shows. This leads me to not be active on twitter much these days and post less. If I'm not active I'm either binge watching movies/shows, play games, or job hunting.

• Like 1

Quite a list there TK. That is pretty awesome. A lot on there I do want to watch.

• Like 1

Quite a list there TK. That is pretty awesome. A lot on there I do want to watch.

If you have DirecTV or Comcast. Take advantage of the free movie weekend whenever they tell you about it. I record a lot I never seen and spread out the days to use my free time to watch them.

If you have DirecTV or Comcast. Take advantage of the free movie weekend whenever they tell you about it. I record a lot I never seen and spread out the days to use my free time to watch them.

I have Comcast. I didn't now they have free movie weekend. But I don't have a DVR or anything like that.

I have Comcast. I didn't now they have free movie weekend. But I don't have a DVR or anything like that.

If I ever see any free weekend for Comcast I'll let you know. Actually I have a link for you to see when they do free previews. http://www.freepreview.tv/tag/comcast

Anyone watch Spectre?

Just watched it on Saturday and didn't really like it :/

A friend of mine liked it but it didn't get good reviews overall.

Same friends of mine liked it, but I've been seeing positive reviews though. Hmm may not be the best Bond movie, but it's James Bond. Any Bond film is fun to watch lol.

Haven't seen it. I rarely go to the movies anymore because there isn't enough leg room to stretch out so I get extremely uncomfortable.

Anyway, Skyfall was the best Bond movie ever made so your expectations were probably too high expecting Spectre to be even better.

Speaking of spy movies since Bond is the topic, yesterday I saw SPY with Melissa McCarthy, Jude Law, and Jason Statham. I enjoyed it and it's a pretty funny movie. It's a spy comedy and was surprised how well it turned out. I recommend it in my opinion.

Speaking of spy movies since Bond is the topic, yesterday I saw SPY with Melissa McCarthy, Jude Law, and Jason Statham. I enjoyed it and it's a pretty funny movie. It's a spy comedy and was surprised how well it turned out. I recommend it in my opinion.

I actually saw that a week and a half ago, it was really funny. I didn't know Jason Statham was such a good comedian.

I actually saw that a week and a half ago, it was really funny. I didn't know Jason Statham was such a good comedian.

Yes! Statham cracked me up. I was surprised how funny he was in the movie. It's rare to see him in a comedy since he's mostly in action films. I want to see him more in the comedy genre lol.

Saw a few movies recently.

Avenger 2: Age of Ultron: Great movies. I can now see how this will lead into Civil War between the Capt and Iron Man. Also, I really like the development of Black Widow and the Hulk and getting to see the other side of Hawkeye.

Ant-Man: Never new of this superheroes until I saw the trailer. Always been a fan of Paul Rudd from his Friends days so I was hyped for it. Great movie and very funny. Go watch.

Fantastic Four: Don't watch it. It was just bad, especially the final fight. Just not epic at all. Didn't really see great chemistry between all of the heroes either. And I didn't see a post credit scene so I'm wondering how they will fit into the Avengers or they made not at all. Or maybe they will do a reboot again? Still not a fan of the whole Sue was adopted but I didn't know she was suppose to be pretty smart too.

Jurassic World: Really enjoyed this and I thought Pratt was great in it. Loved the final battle scene since it had some good action in there. Was pretty disappointment by that second T-Rex, he got owned pretty hard at the beginning.

MI Rogue Nation: Another good installment for the franchise. Loved the laughs from Benji character as always. But I wish we saw more of Jeremy Renner owning in this movie since I'm a fan of his.

Talking about Spy movies I watched The man from Uncle and it was really good. It was a fun mix of action and comedy with the two always fighting with each other. I would love to see a sequel with continued adventures of the team.

I also saw Hitman agent 47. The first movie was total poop and not Hitman at all but this one is total awesome. It felt like Hitman from start to finish I loved it.

Started watching the Walking Dead last night. So far so good. Will have to watch some more.

I keep forgetting to post that I watched The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water and despite my apprehension based on the trailer it was really good. First off, only like 20 or so minutes at the end is the live action and CGI(which was pretty well done actually), the rest is traditional 2D animation. Second, it was really creative and funny despite everything after season 3 and the first movie not being as good and it had a great soundtrack. If you like Spongebob definitely watch it.

I watched Triumph the Insult Comic Dog election special and it was pretty funny... and awkward. I can't believe some of the things he says to people's faces. :blink:

Just finished watching "Creed".  Wow as a fan of the old Rocky series I was extremely surprised and immensely enjoyed this film.

If you guys like the Rocky series I highly recommend checking it out.

I am even more excited for the Black Panther film of the MCU now with the same director ^^

I was gonna make a thread on X-Men Apocalypse a while back, but didn't think anyone is interested and watched it. Anyways I watched the following day after released. 

I thought it was very fun and action packed. The cast as usual is great and sets up future X-Men films quite well. Quicksilver scenes are the absolutely fun and they used his character abilities better than Marvel to be honest. Apocalypse on the other hand is good, but somewhat a disappointment because the entire film he's all talk and not enough action for him. Funny how he's one of the most powerful villains in X-Men, but in the film he's just a talker acting all big and tough with not much action. Nightcrawler was pretty sweet as well. Psylocke barely have any lines in the film. Wasn't much used and just one of the horsemen for Apocalypse. Def needs more action and stuff. Anyways 3/5 good film. Next villain in X-Men is possibly 

Mr Sinister cuz of the post-credit scene.

• Like 1

I was gonna make a thread on X-Men Apocalypse a while back, but didn't think anyone is interested and watched it. Anyways I watched the following day after released.

Thanks for the impressions! I never got around to seeing it, and judging from people's reactions, I'll probably just wait till it comes out on Bluray/Netflix to watch it. Really looking forward to seeing that Quicksilver scene though. Also, even though Singer seems to have disappointed this time around, he does a good job specifically with directing action, so it's good to hear he didn't drop the ball in that respect.

I thought it was very fun and action packed. The cast as usual is great and sets up future X-Men films quite well. Quicksilver scenes are the absolutely fun and they used his character abilities better than Marvel to be honest. Apocalypse on the other hand is good, but somewhat a disappointment because the entire film he's all talk and not enough action for him. Funny how he's one of the most powerful villains in X-Men, but in the film he's just a talker acting all big and tough with not much action. Nightcrawler was pretty sweet as well. Psylocke barely have any lines in the film. Wasn't much used and just one of the horsemen for Apocalypse. Def needs more action and stuff. Anyways 3/5 good film. Next villain in X-Men is possibly 

Mr Sinister cuz of the post-credit scene.

Yeah I saw it this weekend too; really don't think it deserved as much hate as it got in reviews 

Thanks for the impressions! I never got around to seeing it, and judging from people's reactions, I'll probably just wait till it comes out on Bluray/Netflix to watch it. Really looking forward to seeing that Quicksilver scene though. Also, even though Singer seems to have disappointed this time around, he does a good job specifically with directing action, so it's good to hear he didn't drop the ball in that respect.

Like Lep said it doesn't deserve that much hate. I enjoyed the ride. Heck you should prob see it on a matinee $5 price (Tuesdays is $5 here at the mall theater). I think you might enjoy it if you don't think too hard and let the bad reviews get you. Also I think this is the longest X-Men film. 

Yeah I saw it this weekend too; really don't think it deserved as much hate as it got in reviews 

True. There wasn't much disappointments and only a few, but still a fun film to watch. It sets up quite a nice reboot in the future with the current cast.