HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Shin GenX

What have you seen recently and what did you think?

Was that the one with Denzel Washington and it was about a bank heist or something like that?

Yup and with Clive Owen. Very very good. Definitely go watch it.

I watched Smurfs - The hidden village, Resident Evil Vendetta and a Korean movie called Fabricated City. Loved them.

Smurfs was super cool way better than those crummy live action ones. It was all CG with a fun story and classic characters bringing back the good old days of the Smurfs.

Resident Evil Vendetta was action packed zombie blasting fun. It was really cool to see Rebeca Chambers back in action with Chris and Leon taking on a new bad guy.

Fabricated City was awesome! It's about a gamer who gets framed for murder and busts out of prison to clear his name by teaming up with his gamer buddies to take down a criminal mastermind.

Great movies you should check them out :)

Watched some more cool movies :) Yay!

Ghost in the shell - Really cool movie I enjoyed it. It's like 50/50 half of it is a rewrite for a fresh new story and the other half is parts taken from the original movie and story. I really liked the little changes they made to the story and it fits nicely. For anyone who wants to cry over casting Scarlett Johansson, the rewrite makes up for this so it fits.

Train to Busan - This was a very cool Korean zombie movie following a father and his daughter on a train ride from hell as zombies infest the citys. It was a good ride with great characters and zombie action.

Seoul Station - Another Korean zombie movie but this one is CG. The story follows two sets of characters on different sides of the city trying to find each other and survive as zombies run wild. Another great movie.

Soar Into the Sun - A Korean romance/action. An air show pilot does a forbidden stunt and gets kicked out into the air force where he meets a cute fighter jet machanic. The north is up to no good and plans to nuke the US so the air force must go in and blow up the bad guys and save a downed pilot. Pretty cool movie I liked it.

I'm really getting into these Korean movies they are pretty cool.

Recently I just saw Saving Private Ryan. Great movie. Very sad though but great movie. War doesn't end well for some.

I just watched Kong: Skull Island last night. It was surprisingly good, and way better than the Peter Jackson 2005 King Kong movie, imo. Forgot Brie Larson was in it too (Captain Marvel!)!

Those Skull Crawler dinosaurs are legit creepy too!

I saw The Shining last night. And boy was that a creepy movie. Very good movie and I try to make sense of it and it is kinda hard to make sense of all the things going on in the movie. Is it me or does Jack Nicholson just always look so creepy and was perfect for that role?

Checked out The Hitman's Body Guard this weekend, fun summer movie.  Honestly think it would have been one of the best grossing summer films had they released it earlier

I love foreign movies! So many good ones. I have always loved Japan with its anime and China for its martial arts movies.  I have watched a bunch of Korean movies recently as you can see above and I am really enjoying them. So what have I watched this time?

Vanishing time: A boy who returned - A Korean movie about a group of kids that go into the woods but only the girl comes back. Later a man appears claiming to be one of the kids. I almost skipped on this movie because when it started it looked like a documentary or something but after a quick read of a review it had me interested. I am so glad I watched this it was very well done and you really feel for all the characters and you're just glued to the screen on the edge of your seat the entire movie.

Luk-key - A Korean comedy about an assassin who slips and hits his head waking up with amnesia and a washed up actor who switches places with him living each other's lives. It was super funny and loads of fun I really liked it.

Leap! aka Ballerina - A French CG move about an orphan girl who dreams of being a ballerina and runs away to do so. It was a cute little story I enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Just saw The Foreigner and it was okay. It was more of a political movie than a Jackie Chan movie. Honestly it could have been any action star playing that role instead of Jackie Chan and it would have been fine.

Saw What Lies Beneath and that was such a good movie. That ending was incredible and I never saw any of that coming. Go watch it if you haven't.

Saw Jaw and Spider-man Homecoming.

I love Jaw. Really surprised me how good and scary that movie was. If you haven't seen it yet and want to see a scary movie this halloween. Just watch it. The ending was surprising to me as well.

Homecoming was great. It was funny and I thought Tom Holland did a good job. I can't wait for the next installment. And I think this is an origin story but of just the origin of him learning how to be a superhero and becoming an avenger versus the how he got his power that we are so used to.

Just saw Indiana Jones and Raiders of the lost Ark and that was such a great film. Steven Spielberg doesn't disappointment. Harrison Ford was amazing. Can't wait for the other movies in the series. I can see where Uncharted and Tomb Raider gets their idea from.

On 11/13/2017 at 4:48 AM, DarkCobra86 said:

Just saw Indiana Jones and Raiders of the lost Ark and that was such a great film. Steven Spielberg doesn't disappointment. Harrison Ford was amazing. Can't wait for the other movies in the series. I can see where Uncharted and Tomb Raider gets their idea from.

Was this your first time seeing it? I still haven't seen it from start to finish, but I've seen pretty much all of the scenes at one point or another, so I can piece the movie together, ha. That, and I played through the LEGO game of it. xD

I saw Thor Ragnarok in theaters last weekend and then watched Spider-Man Homecoming with a bunch of friends that hadn't seen it yet while I had. It was a lot of fun, but Thor man, phew, they finally pulled me on a complete 180 on that character and made me actually care about him, definitely a new one in my top 5 if just because of how great of a third movie it was and how badly it blew the other two out of the water.

18 hours ago, Jason Clement said:

Was this your first time seeing it? I still haven't seen it from start to finish, but I've seen pretty much all of the scenes at one point or another, so I can piece the movie together, ha. That, and I played through the LEGO game of it. xD

Yes, I never have seen the series. I can't wait for the next 2 and even the one with Shia. I love the music. I didn't know about that rolling ball chasing him down was a scene in this movie. I saw that scene at Universial Studio when I was younger when they acted it out lol. But Indiana Jones is just awesome. He is what you want to be. By day a professor with college girls drooling over him. By night going on adventure to search for lost treasure. He is scrappy, gets to ride a horse, uses a whip, can't recall how many times he escaped death, oh and he gets the lady. Just what you want. Pretty much what we saw with Nathan Drake who is another character I really like.

Fun fact, did you know there was only one female character in the whole movie and she really didn't do anything but to be there as the girl for Indy to save and look pretty.

I saw Transformer the Last Knight. Nothing great about it but I don't think it was terrible. I wanted to see it because I am a fan of Transformer. Pretty much the same old formula and Optimus with the awesome speech at the end.

Annabelle Creation - nothing really that scary about the movie. Cool to learn about the creation but yea it wasn't super good.

Wonder Woman - I thought this was a great movie despite having some flaws for me. Gal Gadot is amazing as always. I thought Chris Pine did a great job and they had great chemistry together. I love them together when she first get to London. The final bad guy was meh and that was one problem I had. The story of the bad guy wasn't really well written out either but overall I do like the movie a lot and am excited for the sequel. Plus, is it me or only Wonder Woman have those hand things to block bullets and not the other Amazon females?

Saw Baby Driver the other week with some friends, was awesome! A friend pointed out that the entire movie was set to a tune and it just made watching the entire thing that much more entertaining. I highly recommend anyone that hasn't seen it to go give it a watch! 

23 hours ago, Royzoga said:

Saw Baby Driver the other week with some friends, was awesome! A friend pointed out that the entire movie was set to a tune and it just made watching the entire thing that much more entertaining. I highly recommend anyone that hasn't seen it to go give it a watch! 

I still haven't seen it, but I've heard people say its Edgar Wright's best movie so far; would you agree with that?

1 minute ago, Jason Clement said:

I still haven't seen it, but I've heard people say its Edgar Wright's best movie so far; would you agree with that?

If we're looking at more serious movies, then yes, but I have a spot in my heart for Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World's End, and Scott Pilgrim vs The World. Baby Driver was a lot more of a, hey this is an actual movie that could win awards and be critically acclaimed as opposed to just humor or a comic tie in. Not that there's anything wrong with those. 

Finally got to see Thor Ragnorok. It was very good and very funny. More funny than I thought it would or could have been. Now just need to see Black Panther and then I am caught up for Infinity War.

I finally got around to watching The Princess Bride. It was pretty good, and funny, though I can see why people just quote the memes at this point since it's otherwise pretty forgettable.

Got around to watching Blade Runner 2049 this weekend-- Though, sadly I didn't really enjoy it that much. I can go into detail about it more, but bwuh. 

I saw How to Train a Dragon yesterday and it was amazing. I see why the film got a 98% score on rotten tomato. That ending though, definitely not kid friendly.

I saw Star Wars episode 8 and boy was it bad. Just so many flaws that out weighted the good from the movie.

I got Tomb Raider on 4K it was pretty cool way better than those other Tomb Raider movies. I wish they spent a little less time at the start building up the character and put in some more action but it was good. Nothing compared to the game of course. 

On 7/6/2018 at 10:49 AM, Rex705 said:

I got Tomb Raider on 4K it was pretty cool way better than those other Tomb Raider movies. I wish they spent a little less time at the start building up the character and put in some more action but it was good. Nothing compared to the game of course. 

I'm wondering if it'll get a sequel or just stop there. Apparently, it didn't do great in theaters (or just not big numbers at least), but there's always a chance it'll do well in DVD/Blu-ray sales.