HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

The Oreo Thread

Since there's a number of Oreo fans here (John, Leah, Ludo, and myself to name a few) that keep on top of the latest crazy flavors coming out, I thought I'd keep track of some of them here and what we think of them if there are any who are curious about them.

Obviously, regular, Double Stuf, and Golden Oreos have been out for a long while, so we won't cover those.

Let's start with one of the recent ones-

51L9vw2R16L._SX300_.jpg

Watermelon Oreos

These... actually aren't half-bad (at least I don't think they are). What can I say; they taste like watermelon, so if you like that taste, I'd recommend them.

If there are any others out there that you'd like to share here, post about them below and I'll add it to the OP! Also, if you want to add your thoughts on any of the Oreos shown in the OP, I'll add your thoughts to them as well!

I'll update this as people post about new Oreos and as I try them myself.

OREOS~

I've only really had the Birthday Cake ones lately; they are IMMENSELY sweet.  Not bad, but it's hard to eat more than three or so at a time.  Of course, they also taste a lot like Dunkaroos, if anyone remembers that awesomeness.

Other than that, I just stick to either Double Stuf or Golden Oreos, depending on if I want chocolate or not.  I'm boring like that.

Guest ...

Watermelon? Oh man i gotta hunt that thing down. Tbh i dont really eat oreos i tend to be more of a salty snack person then sweet but i like the banana ones, and strawberry.

I saw Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Oreos at my store one day, in a customer's hands (so I couldn't mug him and take the cookies for myself). I haven't seen them again since. I'm beginning to think they were just a dream.

So here I sit. Alone, dreaming of days far gone. ;__;

My family has a history with Oreos. 

My dad and uncles got in a brawl with someone who took the last pack on the shelf that didn't have any cracked cookies in it. 

wish I were lying. 

• Like 1

I cannot find any other oreo flavors around here. All I see are regulars, double stuff, mint, and the golden oreos. Wish they are available here. My dad has been hunting down some Reeses Oreos, but no avail. I'd really love to try new flavors after hearing you guys brag about it on Twitter lol. Luds did send me a pack of ice cream oreos a while back. I haven't opened it yet. I'm saving it for when I'm lonely and sad in the dorms.

I haven't checked the local stock lately but for those who weren't in the loop I had found some interesting flavours over here; StrawberryBlueberry Ice Cream and Mildly Sweet.

This is a great thread.  It can help keep those Oreo-philes aware of the newest flavors before they are retired.

The Watermelon Oreos can be found at Walmart and Big Lots.  I think the also showed up at Target, but I think their stock was sent to Big Lots.  I liked them.  They definitely left me with the same impression as a Jolly Rancher.  

Some more recent oddball flavors:

Root Beer Float - Multiple retailers:

root-beer-oreo1.jpg

Caramel Apple - Target:  

Caramel-Apple-Oreos.jpg

Marshmallow Crispy:

new-oreo-marshmallow-crispy-hi-res.jpg

Reeses Peanut Butter:

rwerwerwe34544.jpg

Cookie Dough:

limited+edition+cookie+dough+oreos+01232

Candy Corn:

61zXE5MAcFL.jpg

And a tribute to the Oreos that have fallen in battle:

R.I.P.

Banana Split: 

banansplit-oreo-01.png

Shurbert:

shure01.png

Gingerbread:

Limited-Edition-Gingerbread-Oreo-Package

7001201693_78e2dcf6bc_z.jpg

tripneap01.png

• Like 1

Guest ...

So I was buying some food today and I went to go check out the oreo section just because of this thread. You guys would not believe the flavors so I took pictures. I'll post tomorrow.

Fruit Punch

Lemon

Peanut Butter

Chips Ahoy. (cookie dough) But the chips ahoy where in the same isle so I named them that.

Mint

Several icecream flavors

Banana Split (was there so I guess its not dead just yet?)

not shizzing you.

I have never liked Oreos and these new flavors kind of weird me out... to each their own!

Wow, I like Oreo a lot too but I did not know of so many flavors. Mind blown right now.

Now I know what YOLO really means. D:

ca1b7f26dc2628a73b08a3f98f59da7895cce165

• Like 2

This is a great thread.  It can help keep those Oreo-philes aware of the newest flavors before they are retired.

The Watermelon Oreos can be found at Walmart and Big Lots.  I think the also showed up at Target, but I think their stock was sent to Big Lots.  I liked them.  They definitely left me with the same impression as a Jolly Rancher.  

Some more recent oddball flavors:

Root Beer Float - Multiple retailers:

root-beer-oreo1.jpg

Caramel Apple - Target:  

Caramel-Apple-Oreos.jpg

I'd love to try these two, honestly. They sound pretty good.

I'd love to try these two, honestly. They sound pretty good.

The Caramel Apple Oreos are pretty good.  I think Leah really liked them.  They have a good balance of sour w/ sugary icing.  They are lining just about every Target right now.  I'm not sure if they plan on cycling them out by Halloween's Candy Corn Oreos or if Candy Corn is being retired (I hope not).

Caramel apple Oreos are definitely my favorite of the special flavors I've tried so far. Reese's flavor are a close second. I REALLY want to try root beer float and have been looking for them for a long time but I can't seem to find them. 

Like Leah mentioned, the Caramel Apple Oreos are pretty good; not sure I'd get them every week, but they're definitely one of the stronger flavors out there. Also, somehow I thought Cookie Dough was discontinued, but then they popped up for the first time in months at my local Target this week.

ALSO...

BxVxdU4CEAEgc6y.jpg

Courstesy of one Mr. Ludono.

I'm pretty sure this is one of those crazy overseas Oreo flavors that will never come to the West. What even is action fruit...

• Like 2

Like Leah mentioned, the Caramel Apple Oreos are pretty good; not sure I'd get them every week, but they're definitely one of the stronger flavors out there. Also, somehow I thought Cookie Dough was discontinued, but then they popped up for the first time in months at my local Target this week.

ALSO...

BxVxdU4CEAEgc6y.jpg

Courstesy of one Mr. Ludono.

I'm pretty sure this is one of those crazy overseas Oreo flavors that will never come to the West. What even is action fruit...

It tastes like Bruce Lee kicking you in the face xD

Okay it actually tastes more like...orange citrus type something or other

pumpkinspice.jpg

Thanks to John for this image link. Yes, it appears that Pumpkin Spice Oreos are nearly upon us, everyone. Not sure what to make of this one just yet. xD

pumpkinspice.jpg

Thanks to John for this image link. Yes, it appears that Pumpkin Spice Oreos are nearly upon us, everyone. Not sure what to make of this one just yet. xD

PLEEEEEEEEASE. I want these right now.

:o!  I MUST HAVE THEM

• Like 1

Just a heads up - I've tried the Pumpkin Spice Oreos over the last week. They're good at first, but they're kind of something you try once and are done with. The flavor sort of becomes overwhelming after a while to the point where I'm not sure I'll finish them. :(

Just a heads up - I've tried the Pumpkin Spice Oreos over the last week. They're good at first, but they're kind of something you try once and are done with. The flavor sort of becomes overwhelming after a while to the point where I'm not sure I'll finish them. :(

I ate the entire Pumpkin Spice Oreos by myself. BYMYSELF! ENTIRE BOX! If I can do it, so can you. I also finally ate the Peanut Butter one as well. :slobber:

I ate the entire thing myself with that too. This is what happens when you're alone in the dorms not much to do. You eat to be happy.

Not sure I want to try the Pumpkin Spice ones. Now, the Root Beer ones are some I liked. But I think I'll stick with my ho-hum Mint or Chocolate ones. 

Not sure I want to try the Pumpkin Spice ones. Now, the Root Beer ones are some I liked. But I think I'll stick with my ho-hum Mint or Chocolate ones. 

Yeah, I liked the Root Beer ones as well. Not sure I'd buy them every week, but they're nice once in a while. xD

Which Mint ones are you referring to? Just the regular ones with green creme, or the chocolate covered oreo mint ones (I think those are still a thing)?

Both, actually. 

And yeah, I can't eat them all the time but they are good in small doses. I just don't happen to be a sweets kind of gal. xD 

I tried the caramel apple and pumpkin spice ones. I really liked 'em both, but like, now that the containers are gone, I don't really want any more anytime soon.