HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

The Oreo Thread

True story. 

I paid a ridiculous amount of money to ship some of these special edition Oreos to my best friend in Australia. 

I hope she enjoys them. :3

I think she's registered for GP. I expect glamour shots in this very thread if you're reading this, Charlotte. :P

• Like 1

So, I picked up the Pumpkin Spice Oreos a couple days ago, since I love me some pumpkin stuff.  I thought they were pretty darn good!  Basically it was what I wanted it to be--tastes like pumpkin with a bit of cinnamon, and (most importantly for me) not overly sweet.  A lot of companies will add a lot of sugar to pumpkin stuff to make it sweeter, but I'm not a fan of that, so I'm glad they didn't go that route this time.  Also, the vanilla Oreos go great with the filling.

Grab them if you love pumpkin~

Courtesy of John K., these now exist out in the wild.

CGB1Lk7UMAAt1Jw.jpg

Has anyone tried them yet? If so, let us know how they are!

Yooo! We had all these great Fall and Winter Oreos, now we get to try stuff like s'mores? I'm game, I'm so freaking game. Next time I go to Target I'll pick up a container of 'em. 

x354-q80.jpg

So... this is the latest offender batch of "special" Oreos that are in circulation. I got a chance to try them today and... they're not that bad, but they are super chocolately. Like, so rich that you don't want to have more than one or two at a time. I dunno, it's tough to describe.

Anyone else try these yet? What do you think of them?

I can't take that much chocolate in one go. Not the flavor for me.

So this is a thing that exists (or will shortly). John K. showed it to me earlier.

landscape-1447882737-sp-oreo-churrosbite

Apparently you'll be able to find it in the frozen desserts section. I'd try it if I find it!

Also, Gingerbread Oreos are out at Target. They're not bad, but like Pumpkin Oreos, they're probably something I'd only eat once.

8180705157_671ce16a07_z.jpg

Also also, where in the world are the Cinnamon Roll Oreos? I can't find them anywhere. :(

Wow this may be my new favorite thread ^^

I am also a huge fan of oreos.  My go to snack, of course only with milk ^^.

To be honest I am more of a purist and so the regular is my favorite.  The weird ones I try to stay away from.  Watermelon was pretty terrible.  Any variation on the original chocolate/vanilla is OK in my book.  Even the golden ones with chocolate filling.

The Smore one looks awesome though, I would totally try that ^^.

Anyways thank you for this awesome thread ^^

PS on a side note, I am in Japan and Japan is not so good with oreos but they have the most flavor of Kit Kats here for some odd reason.

PPS Bonus oreo related embarrassing event in my life.

I once found a really ugly looking oreo in my package of oreos and out of excitement and terror I cried out.  "This is the Oriest Uglio I've ever seen in my life."  

My roommates in college, didn't let that one go for a while ^^

• Like 1

Jason the Oreo Churros are really good. When I lived in the dorms, the dining hall at one time cooked them. It was so good I uh snuck some into my bag and took it back to the dorms. It's very fattening, but worth the taste.

Shin yup! Milk and cookies are one of my favorite past time snacks. I used to take a bunch of cookies at dining hall.

I hope there are Black Friday deals on Oreo cookies. Seriously why doesn't food get any Black Friday deals?

• Like 1

For all you Oreo fiends...

Target included the Peppermint (gag) and Gingerbread Oreos in their 50% sale of Christmas junk.  $1.49 per package.

I still can't find the Oreo churros at my local Target...

I also still can't find the Cinnamon Roll ones anywhere either... :(

For all you Oreo fiends...

Target included the Peppermint (gag) and Gingerbread Oreos in their 50% sale of Christmas junk.  $1.49 per package.

I've been wondering how those peppermint ones are.

Also, I liked the Gingerbread Oreos at first, but... like the pumpkin ones, they kinda get old fast. A one-and-done flavor for myself, I think. There are a ton that they're trying to clearance at my local Target, so it looks like others probably feel the same.

I think some thing is wrong with me....

hqdefault.jpg

I think some thing is wrong with me....

hqdefault.jpg

Rex, if your body is passing whole Oreos you might want to go see a doctor.

Or package for individual resale.

• Like 1

oreo-churros-01-300x400.jpg

So I tried these things last night and......meh. I found them in the frozen section so I thought it would be a nice ice cream treat kinda thing. I bring it home and open it up to fine 20 tiny little things and directions saying I need to pop them in the oven. It was a pain in the bum and in the end they just really didn't do anything for me. Didn't really have much taste but oh boy that sugar crumb topping was good on it's own. Will not buy again.

• Like 1

That one I will have to buy.

Just a head's up, the new Waffles & Syrup Oreos (yes, you read that right) are super legit.

e261e1d54f4cc587_Oreo_Waffles_Render.jpg

I don't know if they're my all-time fave Oreo, but they're definitely in the top 5 for sure.

They basically taste like maple syrup, though the vanilla cookie part makes it taste like a harder waffle in the end, if that makes sense. I don't think they're exclusive to any store either (I found them in a Safeway) so that should make them relatively easy to find.

Let me know what you guys think of it if you try it! :D