HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Royzoga

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Concept Trailer

Aaaaaand the other thing I saw that excited me incredibly was the reveal of this game. This means we potentially have up to 3 Resident Evil games launching in 2015. Resident Evil REmake HD, Resident Evil 7 (confirmed to have been in the works since October of 2012,) and now this. 

Again, like the Persona 5 announcement trailer, let's discuss. I wanted to make a few separate threads for these just because when you have one big news post it can tend to get a little cluttered in terms of comments. I know it's literally just a concept trailer that shows nothing except that the game exists, but I'm happy it does. Revelations was a step back in the right direction in terms of Resident Evil. While it may not have been perfect, and I actually would have preferred it as Co-Op, it definitely impressed me. How about you guys? Thoughts, concerns, comments? 

Dead Island? 

I'll just say what I said before... I definitely need to finish Revelations now. :/

Dead Island? 

I'll just say what I said before... I definitely need to finish Revelations now. :/

I think the difference between this trailer and Dead Island is that this was literally a concept trailer, just there to say, hey the game exists. But yeah, please do. It's a great game with pretty meh new characters. 

A sequel already? Wasn't the first one okay? I got it on PC and need to play it.

A sequel already? Wasn't the first one okay? I got it on PC and need to play it.

First one was a step in the right direction from what they've done in the past. It came out in 2012 though, so still enough time for us to get a sequel, haha.

Guest ...

The dead island trailer was one of the best i have ever seen. This isnt that great imo and it doesnt tell enough about the game. But regardless its better then 5 and 6 with a bunch of shoot outs. I want survival horror to put the survival back in the genre name. The longer a franchise lasts in that genre the more likely it is to become a shooter. Where are my pipes that break down after smashing a few zombie brains? Where are my med kits instead of auto regen health? Where is my fear of death because of lost progress? I want it all back.

And yes i know DIs trailer was a sham, still good though.

The dead island trailer was one of the best i have ever seen. This isnt that great imo and it doesnt tell enough about the game. But regardless its better then 5 and 6 with a bunch of shoot outs. I want survival horror to put the survival back in the genre name. The longer a franchise lasts in that genre the more likely it is to become a shooter. Where are my pipes that break down after smashing a few zombie brains? Where are my med kits instead of auto regen health? Where is my fear of death because of lost progress? I want it all back.

And yes i know DIs trailer was a sham, still good though.

5 was awesome, you take that back. And no RE Games had auto regen health. You had to use herbs in 5 and 6 both. Also, you're super wishy washy! A while back you said you hated the classic style horror survival that RE had and you wanted it changed. Make up your mind, woman! xD

Guest ...

5 was awesome, you take that back. And no RE Games had auto regen health. You had to use herbs in 5 and 6 both. Also, you're super wishy washy! A while back you said you hated the classic style horror survival that RE had and you wanted it changed. Make up your mind, woman! xD

I wasnt talking about just resi i was talking about all survival horrors.

Also i said i didnt like the camera i didnt say i anything about not liking the game. My minds been made up since day 1. It would help if you tried to read what i type in a less negative bias to your thoughts.

I wasnt talking about just resi i was talking about all survival horrors.

Also i said i didnt like the camera i didnt say i anything about not liking the game. My minds been made up since day 1. It would help if you tried to read what i type in a less negative bias to your thoughts.

That was just rude, y'know. No need to attack the way I type or my thoughts. 

Also, most classic Survival Horrors you're referring to, I would say Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, and Clock Tower, had very similar control and camera schemes. I was just trying to see what you were talking about. In that case. More conversations and posts for the site and such. 

Guest ...

That was just rude, y'know. No need to attack the way I type or my thoughts. 

Also, most classic Survival Horrors you're referring to, I would say Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, and Clock Tower, had very similar control and camera schemes. I was just trying to see what you were talking about. In that case. More conversations and posts for the site and such.

You just did it again. I wasnt attacking how you type. I was asking you to read what i type carefully with out thinking im trying to be negative or aggressive towards you.

You just did it again. I wasnt attacking how you type. I was asking you to read what i type carefully with out thinking im trying to be negative or aggressive towards you.

Done with it, moving on back to topic.

Guest ...

The things everyone was wearing around their wrist. Maybe everyone was already infected but they where keeping the virus under control. And they tracked the infected with them? But something went wrong and all hell broke loose.

Thats my theory.

Just saw the trailer and it immediately reminded me of Dead Island's trailer. I've never played the first RE Revelations, but almost bought it from the recent sale. I'd rather get the physical copy though. I'm also a fan of RE5 and 6 despite the reviews. I enjoy the series and don't care if it's bad. . .well Operation Raccoon City got me mad lol.

First one was a step in the right direction from what they've done in the past. It came out in 2012 though, so still enough time for us to get a sequel, haha.

I should get around playing some horror game. I got the RE remake on PSN and revelation. But then I go and play some more D3.

Just saw the trailer and it immediately reminded me of Dead Island's trailer. I've never played the first RE Revelations, but almost bought it from the recent sale. I'd rather get the physical copy though. I'm also a fan of RE5 and 6 despite the reviews. I enjoy the series and don't care if it's bad. . .well Operation Raccoon City got me mad lol.

In terms of Dead Island, yeah that's what Kiky was saying, I can totally see it since they made it a lot more realistic. OP RC was so bad in terms of an RE game, but if it wasn't actually completely terrible if you treat it like a GoW clone with an Upgrade system and EXP. One of my proudest platinums with Lud.Still though, you're pretty on point, TK, haha.

Kiwi understands that this is more of just a "we're working on this thing!" then anything else, but he wishes these trailers would actually give some kind of idea what the game is going to be. All you can really get from this is "zombies" but we didn't need a trailer for that.

I really need to finish the first game it was pretty cool. I see what people are saying about the trailer it instantly reminded me of dead island but I hope that is the only thing it has in common because Dead island sucks.

I really need to finish the first game it was pretty cool. I see what people are saying about the trailer it instantly reminded me of dead island but I hope that is the only thing it has in common because Dead island sucks.

The first Revelations was pretty good. I loved the combat, the exploration, the upgrades, even the story to a point was pretty cool. The newer characters they introduce aren't that good though, which makes me sad. I've been wanting new protagonists for a while, but if we can't get any good characters then I'll have to settle for like Chris and Jill, haha.