HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

Favorite Ice Cream? (aka the Ice Cream thread)

In the interest of keeping this forum going with new topics and such, I'll probably keep going with "favorite" threads on different foods, because I enjoy seeing what others' favorites are. That said, I'll probably only do one once a week (so there aren't too many at once), but you could always create one of these threads too if you'd like. ;)

ANYHOO, favorite ice cream?

I can't really say I have that ONE go-to flavor of ice cream that I turn to, but I do enjoy a number of flavors. Recently I've really been into Trader Joes ice cream, especially the Coffee Bean Blast (hooray coffee-flavored ice cream, which is strangely addictive...) and the Mint Chocolate Chip. Pretty much all of their ice cream is amazing.

78580-coffee-ice-cream.pngtrader-joes-mintchip-ictcrop_300.jpg

Apparently they have Cookie Butter Ice Cream too, which is supposed to be amazing though I haven't tried it yet.

53340-cookie-butter-ice-cream.png

Now let's hear from you - what is your favorite ice cream flavor (or flavors, if you have more than one)?

Mmmm Ice cream. Some of my all time favorite flavors are.

26-DSC_4168.JPG

1-DSC_4803.JPG

I'm boring, so my favorite flavors are chocolate (just plain ol' chocolate) and chocolate chip cookie dough. Oreo is also one of my favorites in a way, though I'm not sure they make Oreo ice cream. I mean, I'm almost certain they do, but I've never tried it. It's just my favorite type of McFlurry/DQ Blizzard so it kinda counts. :P

On a related note, I need to try Trader Joe's ice cream, but I've never actually been to the store so I dunno what they have. One day I'll have to find out.

Motherfreakin peanut butter and chocolate. Whenever we crave for shakes or ice cream, me and my dad would always get the peanut butter and chocolate flavor.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm generally pretty boring with ice cream and pretty much always default to vanilla or oreo (also, I don't eat much ice cream in general so that also helps). The only times where I go beyond that is if I'm at a good restaurant and they have some fancy flavors in which I'll order the weirdest/most elaborate flavors on the menu for curiosity.

JSRexhc.jpg

• Like 3

QegCd.jpgChoc+Trin2.jpg

gaiages & others can back me up on this. The grocery store I work at makes some of the best ice cream in the southern United States. I will do terrible things for chocolate-inside-chocolate-wrapped-in-chocolate-with-chocolate-brownie-fudge-bits-ice-cream. 

Confirmed. 

• Like 1

QegCd.jpgChoc+Trin2.jpg

gaiages & others can back me up on this. The grocery store I work at makes some of the best ice cream in the southern United States. I will do terrible things for chocolate-inside-chocolate-wrapped-in-chocolate-with-chocolate-brownie-fudge-bits-ice-cream. 

Confirmed. 

It takes even better when I get free ice cream coupon.

• Like 1

I don't like ice cream that much.

Does that make me a bad person?  ._.

This shiz is completely awesome, though:

talenti-caramel-cookie-crunch-b1121112.j

• Like 1

Uh. I kinda just like vanilla ice cream the most. But like real vanilla, like that French shiz or something, haha. The best part is when you combine it with toppings or add a swirl of other flavor like cappuccino or peanut butter. Ouph, so good.

Well it's pretty much fact that Gelato is better than regular ice cream in just about every way.

But anyways I tried some Japanese Sweet Potato ice cream with sesame seeds. Pretty good!

Well it's pretty much fact that Gelato is better than regular ice cream in just about every way.

But anyways I tried some Japanese Sweet Potato ice cream with sesame seeds. Pretty good!

Omg I had sweet potato soft-serve ice cream last year from a Japanese supermarket and it was probably the best thing ever

Recently got some Turkey Hill Red Velvet Cake ice cream. That might be my new favourite ice cream.

QegCd.jpgChoc+Trin2.jpg

Confirmed. 

Gosh, I wish we had Publix up here. Dx 

For me, I think the Ben and Jerry's Karamel Sutra is my favorite. Though I'm good with anything that has chocolate and/or caramel in it.

Gosh, I wish we had Publix up here. Dx 

One day, we are slowly taking over the world as we speak.

• Like 1

One day, we are slowly taking over the world as we speak.

You guys should hurry up and come to the West Coast then, lol. I want to try some of these famed ice cream flavors. :P

By the by, just discovered over the weekend that Trader Joe's has an amazing chocolate flavor (just straight chocolate, nothing else). It has now ruined every other chocolate ice cream for me.

You guys should hurry up and come to the West Coast then, lol. I want to try some of these famed ice cream flavors. :P

We are working our way North. Up to North Carolina last I heard. So maybe another 4 years? :P

• Like 1

B4s3SCKCYAAmtzV.jpg

This past Friday, to celebrate my birthday, me and seven friends got together to order The Kitchen Sink from our favorite local ice cream parlor that's been around for twenty years or so.

Like twenty-eight scoops of ice cream, that could feature every single flavor (except sorbets), every single topping, and every single sauce and syrup. I ended up leaving a few toppings off, but yeah--this is the Victory Shot. 

I seriously have six full containers of leftover ice cream. 

I almost never want to see ice cream again? xD

• Like 2

and here I thought "The Kitchen Sink" was just a figure of speech....

ATTENTION EVERYONE. 

I have an important announcement. 

SUPER ULTRA IMPORTANT, ESPECIALLY FOR GAIAGES & OTHERS IN THE SOUTH!!!!!11

gallery_5549_233_65622.jpg

Publix has banana pudding ice cream. And it's so incredible, I almost cried.

There's vanilla wafer bits inside. :o

My favorite ice cream: 

1889486-584vanilluxe.png