HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jonathan Higgins

I'm importing Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Will have it downloaded by this Friday evening.

For those of you who don“t already know: I own a Japanese 3DS LL. Despite not knowing a word of Japanese, I“ve managed to play through more than my fair share of import-friendly games including platformers, action-RPGs (Soma Bringer from Monolith Soft = <3) and more. For 3DS so far, I“ve imported Cave Story 3D (because that box is amazing), Gaist Crusher and EX Troopers. I“ll probably make a separate topic at some point (when I get my initial Import Reviews written up) asking what import 3DS games y“all would be interested in seeing.

But for now--Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS comes out in Japan on Saturday, September 13th (if there“s a midnight release, that means it“ll be available to importers around 1 PM ET this Friday, September 12th). That“s almost a full month before the West gets it. So I“ve decided I“m going to download myself a copy of the game since I have the yen/eShop credit to spare, and I“m genuinely interested in experiencing as much as I can--and seeing how much of it I can understand in another language, too.

What sort of Smash coverage would you like to see from me here on GP, if anything at all?

I“ll definitely create a SPOILER thread for those who wish to know the nuances of the full roster as I unlock characters, stages and features. I“ll hopefully be able to have an Import Review for the game ready by its Western release, even!

Just a heads up. Have a great week!

Sure, just rub it in that you'll have it before everyone else. :P

Nah, for realz, I'm mostly just interested to see how well the gameplay translates to the smaller screen and how well it plays with the 3DS button layout. Since I've already spoiled some things thanks to looking at those leaked pictures, I think I'll just wait and experience everything else for myself.

Way to rub in is John lol. Seriously though that is awesome and actually look forward to your thoughts about it. Definitely excited for a preview before it hits the US.

I want to know everything about smash bro.

For those of you who haven't seen me spouting off on Twitter/the sidebar, a demo was released for the game in Japan this evening. I've spent an hour or two playing now, mostly as Pikachu (who I've mained alongside Marth for years). Will post a brief write-up in this thread. If anyone considers game mechanics, items, Pokémon, etc something of spoiler territory, let me know what to hide for you & I will do so! 

Well hey, that's kinda cool. Be sure to keep us informed on all the cool stuff you find. Maybe another surprise character or two they forgot to list? That'd be nice.