HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

The Apple Watch and iPhone 6 Announcements - What Do You Think?

So Apple announced the Apple Watch and iPhone 6 today. The latter wasn't quite so surprising, but I guess neither was the former (at least to me).

I still need to read up more on what the Apple Watch can actually do, but there is one thing that sort of killed it for me—it acts as an extension of sorts of your iPhone and thus actually requires one to use; it is NOT a standalone device. Did Apple make a mistake there? I'm inclined to think so as not everyone uses an iPhone, thereby cutting their potential overall sales.

IPhone 6 is pretty standard affair for new devices - it's got glass curves, retina HD resolution, faster processor speeds and whatnot, and is the thinnest Apple device yet.

Anyhow, are you onboard with either of these? Are any of you current iPhone users?

Eh, I don't care for either. I'm not a big cell phone user anyway. And maybe I'm old fashion, but I am perfectly content with a plain old watch.

Watch.jpg

or Bust.

Honestly.  Not impressed.  They unveiled a lot of stuff currently available for android, makes it feel more like pandering than trying to push the envelope. :/

I refuse to call the Apple "Watch" a watch, sorry. The whole thing I find insulting.

The iPhone 6 seems to be playing catch up to the big boys this time around, the Galaxy S5, HTC M8 and the LG G3. They FINALLY made the screen larger, something that people seem to been wanting for years now (as evidenced by Androids getting larger and larger). The Watch is essentially the same as all the the Android "smart watches" only triple the price. 

So yeah, not impressive at all but I'm sure they'll sell a bajillion of them anyway because people are silly.

On the other hand I really want to get an S5 or an M8 :P

My phone just upgraded to Windows 8.1, so like Cortana and everything. While it's not mind blowing, it does feel like a brand new phone in some cases, minus the giant cracks of course. So to be blunt, I couldn't care less about Apple's new phone or their watch. Like everyone else said, it mostly looks like they're playing catch up at this point. Why go backwards when we can move forwards?

I think Samsung should sue Apple for copying them with the watch and making the screen larger.

I think Samsung should sue Apple for copying them with the watch and making the screen larger.

They just might. Or did Apple buy the rights somehow, someway, under the table? It would not be the first time--especially this year--that the two met inside a courtroom. 

They just might. Or did Apple buy the rights somehow, someway, under the table? It would not be the first time--especially this year--that the two met inside a courtroom. 

I'd say that's the dumbest thing to sue someone over..... except its entirely possible and has already happened. Didn't Samsung have to pay someone for using a bunch of features on their phones or something?

I'd say that's the dumbest thing to sue someone over..... except its entirely possible and has already happened. Didn't Samsung have to pay someone for using a bunch of features on their phones or something?

It was the only way around.

Apple sued Samsung and Apple lost.

At least that's what some sources say. Others say Apple won. So who the hell knows.

It was the only way around.

Apple sued Samsung and Apple lost.

At least that's what some sources say. Others say Apple won. So who the hell knows.

"Settled out of court" 

Hehe

It's dumb but Apple did sue Samsung for having a square phone.

It's dumb but Apple did sue Samsung for having a square phone.

I demand the source on this.

I demand the source on this.

Now I'm confused, I thought it was the square of the phone. But I think it is more of the interface after reading this.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Galaxy-Tab-Steve-Jobs-copyright-infringement-unjust-enrichment-Honeycomb,news-10879.html

But I think it is dumb regardless.

• Like 1