HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Ciel

Pokémon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire Demo

Question

The Pokémon Company has confirmed that a demo for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will be released in North America. The demo will feature gameplay that you won“t be able to see anywhere else.

During the demo, players will encounter a “familiar Pokémon†that can now Mega Evolve. One of these Mega-Evolved Pokémon can be transferred to the full version of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire once you have the game. Reward items from the demo can be transferred to the full game as well.

Details on how this will be possible will be announced at a later date. A release date for the demo will be announced at a later date as well. The Pokémon Company says that you“ll need a “special code†to access the demo, so it doesn“t sound like it will be released like a regular demo on the Nintendo eShop.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/12/pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-demo-confirmed-north-america/#bxODToprhgcKLYg5.99

:D

9 answers to this question

Need to get my hands on these. I never got the original ones.

I do like when demos actually give you something for the main game, or allow you to upload your progress.  I'm a little worried about the whole code thing, but hopefully Nintendo will just send it via e-mail like they did with the Smash 3DS codes~

I still don't understand the purpose of a Demo for a game like Pokemon. Unless, like Gaia was saying, there's some sort of main game incentive later on. 

I still don't understand the purpose of a Demo for a game like Pokemon. Unless, like Gaia was saying, there's some sort of main game incentive later on. 

Well, you do get that 'familiar Pokemon', and some items.

Neat. I'll probably be getting one of the games (eventually) but assuming it's not difficult to get a demo code it'll be fun to try it out beforehand.

Well, you do get that 'familiar Pokemon', and some items.

Ah, I didn't actually even read through it. Ciel and I had discussed it before and I figured there wasn't anything new worth note, haha. Good to know then, I'm all for it.

That would actually be pretty smart of them to do. If they get people started on playing it early on, they're more likely to buy the actual full game when it releases (especially if there is some incentive, like a rare Pokemon). I know plenty of people who know about the game's upcoming release but don't end up buying it because of being distracted by other stuff.

Ah, I didn't actually even read through it. Ciel and I had discussed it before and I figured there wasn't anything new worth note, haha. Good to know then, I'm all for it.

That would actually be pretty smart of them to do. If they get people started on playing it early on, they're more likely to buy the actual full game when it releases (especially if there is some incentive, like a rare Pokemon). I know plenty of people who know about the game's upcoming release but don't end up buying it because of being distracted by other stuff.

During the demo, players will encounter a “familiar Pokémon†that can now Mega Evolve. One of these Mega-Evolved Pokémon can be transferred to the full version of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire once you have the game. Reward items from the demo can be transferred to the full game as well.

Double posts update:

Meanwhile, Nintendo UK have announced that the previously announced demo for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will be available via various videogame retailers in the UK. GAME, Amazon, Smyth Toys, ShopTo and the Nintendo UK Official Store will send demo codes out to fans via their internal databases from October 15th until launch. Following the demo“s initial release, demo codes will also be made available through other partners like Wikia, Bin Weevils and Nintendo Life until mid-November. Finally, codes will also be available from the Pokémon stand at MCM London from October 24th – 26th - Siliconera  

Do you think we can expect to see this come to the States at the same time? NoA have been kind of leaving us in the dark.