HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Smash Bros. for Wii U Might Release in November?

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/09/13/report-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-releases-november-21/

I'm actually a little surprised by this, but it makes sense if it's true.

Apparently a pre-order card for the game from Fred Meyer has leaked that the release date will be November 21, though this isn't confirmed by Nintendo at this time.

It's worth noting that Nov 21 is Black Friday (I think), and this would absolutely be something that Nintendo wants to get out on or before the date to ensure they hype train really kicks off for the game.

Somehow I'm a little surprised that it's coming only a month and a half after the 3DS version as I was expecting it could have been as much as three weeks later than that (mid December or so), but if this is all true, you won't see me complaining! xD

Anyone else surprised it might be Nov. 21 and not mid-December?

Not too terribly surprising that it's coming in November, but I wonder if Nintendo hasn't revealed the date because they weren't sure if it would be ready or simply to get more people to buy the 3DS version instead of waiting a bit over a month and just getting the Wii U one.

In any case, I'd be happy knowing it's coming sooner rather than later. :D

Ugh. Kill me now. Smash is going to come out and I am going to be working my butt of selling it instead of playing it.

If it's that close, I think... I think I can resist the temptation of getting the 3DS version and wait for it. But yeah, it'd make sense to me, especially for Christmas time, even if there is a part of me that feels like the Wii-U version is still far away.