HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Ciel

Song & Band Nostalgia Thread

Feel free to post YouTube links to songs or simply discuss music from your childhood. I will kick this thread off right with a modern rendition of Hanson peforming "MmmBop." Like it or not, you will nostalgia all over it.

• Like 1

I loved this song as a kid......it didn't dawn on me until I was a teenager that it was a song about trolling the streets for hookers. Lol. The song still seems motivational for some reason though. Journey can make any topic seem epicly motivational. :) i thought Hanson was awful but I guess ....... a better memory than what kids today will have with Bieber.

Asfar as Jouney goes, it's rare to find a band so hypnotic that the wordsdon't matter. Not a lot of creativity in modern mainstream music.......songs are blunt and to the point nowadays it seems. On a serious note, this song in actuality is very sad.

Whoever made this video missed the point of the song I think....

• Like 1

Might be interesting for people to mention the first live bands they saw too. :). My first was at a very young age and I saw Wham, Culture Club and The Police all in the same festival.

The greatest live experience for me was the Dave Matthews Concert for Virginia Tech in 2007. That even trumped my old Army hangout Antones in Austin, Texas...best live music joint on Earth in my opinion.

If ever in Austin, this is the only place you need to visit in the evening.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AntonesNightclb

• Like 1

Might be interesting for people to mention the first live bands they saw too. :). My first was at a very young age and I saw Wham, Culture Club and The Police all in the same festival.

The greatest live experience for me was the Dave Matthews Concert for Virginia Tech in 2007. That even trumped my old Army hangout Antones in Austin, Texas...best live music joint on Earth in my opinion.

The first band I saw live was Rise Against. I have seen them (almost) every time they come to Chicago or southern WI. Their performances are by and large among the best live experiences I have had. However, the best experience is a toss-up between Green Day at Lollaplooza 2010 and Paramore's 2013 "The Self-Titled Tour" in Chicago. 

• Like 1

I'm jealous. Never got to see Green Day live.

I'm jealous. Never got to see Green Day live.

This isn't my video, but I was roughly five rows from the front. Afterward I piggyback ran my girlfriend all the way across the park as we tried to catch some of the Strokes' set. Or was it Phoenix? I do not remember. Good times, good times indeed.

• Like 1