HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

GP Community - What to Expect in October and Beyond

Hey everyone!

Sorry if it's seemed a bit slow on activity on GP as of late; I'm recovering from being sick this week and a number of the staff have been busy as well.

That said, we've got some cool stuff in the works on the horizon. One of the things we'll really be trying to work towards more is getting new members for the community, and that means the return of contests! Yes, we have a few contests in the works that you'll be seeing soon so please look forward to that!

Additionally, I'm planning to ramp up our publishing schedule so we can push out more content regularly. So you'll continue to see reviews, more news, and even some cool features in the near future as well.

We're also discussing ways of fostering the community as well; the plan is to hopefully get some regular game nights going as well create new regular feature threads that can lead to more discussions and such.

Thanks to those of you who have stuck with us through thick and thin, we appreciate your support! And if there's anything you'd like to see more of or would like to recommend, let us know below and we'll see what we can do. Hopefully we can continue to bolster the community over the next few months and as always, make it a great place to hang out and discuss games and whatnot. :)

• Like 4

Well, at least we've got prime Game Night material coming out next week. :D I'm sure most people would rather wait and play competitive SSB matches on WiiU, but I don't see why we can't do some warm ups on 3DS while we wait.

That Mario Kart 8 DLC might rekindle some interest too...if anyone else buys it. xD

Well, at least we've got prime Game Night material coming out next week. :D I'm sure most people would rather wait and play competitive SSB matches on WiiU, but I don't see why we can't do some warm ups on 3DS while we wait.

That Mario Kart 8 DLC might rekindle some interest too...if anyone else buys it. xD

Yes! We should definitely do SSB matches on 3DS for sure. :)

Also, doesn't the MK8 DLC come out next May? xD

One of the MK8 DLC packs comes out in November, and the other in May.

As for a suggestion, for games that we can get a bunch of people together in (like Smash), I'd recommend running casual tournaments with small prizes for the victor and all that.  Nothing big, like maybe a $10 Steam or eShop card, but that'd be sorta neat :3

I'd try to run one myself, but quite frankly I'm too lazy and forgetful to really do it ><

I'll have to get in on a game night. Hard some weeks because my schedule is hard to predict.

One thing I'd like to see if possible is more emphasis on blogging. I'd post more but I don't want the feed at the top to be my postsback to back. :(

I demand a pay raise and role! I am sick and tired of being a community knight defending the gates by myself! I have no power at all besides private chat in the chat! I am so angry at the community for not doing anything about it. Augh!

Really though I'm just kidding.

For October I'm looking forward to The Evil Within. It was one of my top anticipated games in my blog earlier this year. Also have a month and a half to save up and decide to get a Wii U, PS TV, or 3DS for Black Friday in November. Up to this post, I have collected close to $200 ($100 Amazon GC thanks to school and $90 cash/change saved up). I know I need to get at least $300 to get a Wii U.

Also I will try to post more, but been busy with school this fall semester.

We also have Torchlight 2 that we need to finish.

There is also Quake Live on Steam now, it is free and should run on pretty much anything.

There is also Quake Live on Steam now, it is free and should run on pretty much anything.

QL is on Steam now? I remember that working not-so-great back in the day. I shall give it a shot on Steam.

Still playing Hearthstone,Diablo 3 and  a little of Burnout Paradise. I don't expect much change in my routine until November when FarCry 4 comes out. Looking into upgrading my PC's ram to 8gb. Have to wait until Black Friday. Gotta cushion $104 purchase for 1 stick of ram.

Oh this is a what to expect in October from the site.Not a what you expect in October and beyond.Life updates are fun.

Still playing Hearthstone,Diablo 3 and  a little of Burnout Paradise. I don't expect much change in my routine until November when FarCry 4 comes out. Looking into upgrading my PC's ram to 8gb. Have to wait until Black Friday. Gotta cushion $104 purchase for 1 stick of ram.

Oh this is a what to expect in October from the site.Not a what you expect in October and beyond.Life updates are fun.

You play D3 on PC?

The Smash Bros. Launch Event is live, check it out HERE.

I demand a pay raise and role! I am sick and tired of being a community knight defending the gates by myself! I have no power at all besides private chat in the chat! I am so angry at the community for not doing anything about it. Augh!

Uh.... can I be the community pirate? >.>;;

Yes you have my vote of confidence. I approve Pirate Captain Corsair!

A real pirate wouldn't ask, he'd just take the title by force and make his old title walk the plank. DENIED.

• Like 3

I swear, every time I see the title of this thread, I assume it says "What to Expect When Expecting" and then I just want to ask how did GP get knocked up and can we use this to our advantage somehow. 

I mean, people would pay out the wazoo to study a pregnant forum, right?

I swear, every time I see the title of this thread, I assume it says "What to Expect When Expecting" and then I just want to ask how did GP get knocked up and can we use this to our advantage somehow. 

I mean, people would pay out the wazoo to study a pregnant forum, right?

Forums are always pregnant. That's how new users are born!

• Like 1

A real pirate wouldn't ask, he'd just take the title by force and make his old title walk the plank. DENIED.

Fine. It's not like I need your permission. I'm going to be a pirate whether you want me to or not!!

• Like 1

Forums are always pregnant. That's how new users are born!

I thought it was due to birds, bees, and whatnot.

I thought it was due to birds, bees, and whatnot.

That's just a cover story to hide the fact that half the forum is made up of TK's illegitimate children. He throws his title around to impress the ladies.

(Also, I really got this thread off track. Sorry, Jason. :P)

(no I'm not)

• Like 1

That's just a cover story to hide the fact that half the forum is made up of TK's illegitimate children. He throws his title around to impress the ladies.

(Also, I really got this thread off track. Sorry, Jason. :P)

(no I'm not)

I...

TK! How could you?! Just half the forum? I expected at least two thirds. 

TK really needs to step up his game.

• Like 1

Yeah. I think until he does, we take his video games away from him. 

Needs a podcast. I love me ma podcasts