HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

Fans Rebuilding Ocarina of Time as a 16-Bit Game

So, this is pretty cool.

Apparently a group is trying to recreate Ocarina of Time using the same engine/visuals that A Link to the Past used. So far, I have to say it's looking pretty spot-on!

What do you guys think? Would you like to see this or other 3D Zelda games remade in 16-bit? Or perhaps vice-versa?

• Like 1

I'd definitely play this. Hell, if Nintendo took it and made it a downloadable eShop game, I'd pay money for it. xD The 3D Zelda games are great, but A Link to the Past will always be my favorite (or maybe tied with Wind Waker, I can never decide) so more 2D ones, even a demake, would be welcome. ^_^

I do not understand why things like this are announced before their completion and people can get their hands on it. I expect Nintendo to send out a C&D very soon. That said, I would love to play it.

• Like 1

Ya that looks pretty cool I would play it. I love 16 bit vissuals of the gameboy Zelda games. I think it would be cool to see all the 3d games in the retro 16 bit also all the retro done in 3D. Sadly like Ciel said Nintendo will probably shut this down because they are very strict about games.

If you think that is cool check out Zelda on the Oculus Rift.

Nintendo should definitely hire these guys. The game would be a money maker.

Wind Waker. Make it happen, people!

• Like 1

This is awesome. After playing OoT on N64, I would love to replay this game through 2D. It would be amazing.

If you guys love old school Zelda, I'd highly suggest playing the old Sega Master System game Golden Axe Warrior. It's a total knockoff of Zelda but actually does Zelda better than Zelda. I have the cartridge but it's hard to find. It's an easy ROM to find and I'm pretty sure it's an unlockable in the Sonic Genesis Collection.

• Like 1

If you guys love old school Zelda, I'd highly suggest playing the old Sega Master System game Golden Axe Warrior. It's a total knockoff of Zelda but actually does Zelda better than Zelda. I have the cartridge but it's hard to find. It's an easy ROM to find and I'm pretty sure it's an unlockable in the Sonic Genesis Collection.

While GAW is pretty great, it does not do Zelda better than Zelda. As a side/related note, I really miss the Golden Axe games.

• Like 1

Side note: I love Golden Ax series too.

The last Golden Axe game was that one they made for 360 and PS3 in the early days, right? Golden Axe: Beast Rider or something like that?

Did anyone ever play that and was it good? xD

Side note: I just realized this discussion is getting completely off the track with Golden Axe discussion, lol.

The last Golden Axe game was that one they made for 360 and PS3 in the early days, right? Golden Axe: Beast Rider or something like that?

Did anyone ever play that and was it good? xD

Side note: I just realized this discussion is getting completely off the track with Golden Axe discussion, lol.

Beast Rider was awful.

Side note: Yes, it is. :P