HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Windows 9 Will Be Free for Windows 8 Owners?

Apparently this isn't official just yet, but an Indonesian news site posted a statement from a Microsoft Indonesia executive that basically said this would be the case. I'm thinking that this might be region-specific, but who knows.

Anyhow, if this is true, PC Gamer is saying that those with Windows 8 will automatically get their OS upgraded to Windows 9 when it comes out, which is pretty cool. Guess it's an apology for 8 (if it's true)?

I also wonder how many people will try to get a cheaper copy of Windows 8 just to get Windows 9 cheaper overall; will be interesting to see if they have anything in place to guard against that.

The good news is that, going by the Windows rule (only every other version of Windows is good), Windows 9 should actually be a good version this time around.

Anyone here have Windows 8 or looking to upgrade to 9 when it comes out?

If only that was enough to make up for having to use 8. xD

I haven't used Win 8 much (it's on some laptops at school but my personal laptop has Win 7) but even with my limited time using it I hate it. If this is true it would certainly be a good thing for people who don't want to drop $100 or whatever on a new OS.

That is, assuming they don't somehow make Win 9 worse, lol.

I essentially converted my Win8 to Win7, but would obviously love to update to Win9--despite not knowing what it entails; that is how bad the situation is. Win9 does however, need to be simpler as Win8 is over-complicated.

Great news if it is true. I got a copy of win 8. If this is true, I'm installing it and then upgrading the next second.

I still use 7 lol. Never bothered with 8.