HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
gaiages

Free Pokemon Reminder: Go grab your Shiny Gengar code from GameStop

Question

Hey there, everyone.  Just a friendly reminder that now (or since the 13th, whatever) you can go to your local GameStop to pick up your unique code for a Shiny Gengar in Pokemon X/Y.  The Gengar comes holding a Gengarite, so that you can turn it into a SHINY MEGA GENGAR, which is white because why not.

I'm a little too lazy to find its moves/stats right now, mainly because I don't feel like looking beyond Bulbapedia and they haven't seemed to update on specifics, but who cares, it's shiny and free.  Anyway, a couple things to note about these codes you have to get:

1. You DON'T HAVE TO buy anything from GameStop to actually get the code.  You just need to ask an employee.  If they try to push or force purchases on you, they're doing it wrong and are jerks.

2. Codes are unique and can only be redeemed once, so if you have both versions of the game you'll want to try and find a way to get a second code.

3. Technically, you're only supposed to get one card per person, but if you ask nicely, maybe the employee might give you an extra card ;D (if not, make your significant other go get a card for you or something.  That always works!)

Enjoy your Gengar!  (Or you can ask for a code from someone here if you need it).  The distribution ends October 26th, so you might wanna jump on that pretty quick.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

I have a code, but have yet to use it--probably won't. I might give it out if someone asks nicely.

I have a code, but have yet to use it--probably won't. I might give it out if someone asks nicely.

GIVE ME THE CODE YOU @#$@#$@

Since I'm not able to get to a GameStop anytime soon I've tasked my brother in attaining one, though I have a feeling he might be too lazy....