HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
TKtheknight

The Avengers: Age of Ultron Official Trailer

The Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer was supposed to debut next week with Agents of SHIELD, but you no longer have to wait. Marvel has released an official trailer and it has creamed my pants for excitement.

James Spader as Ultron nailed it. Creepy background music, Hulkbuster, Andy Serkis with no mocap suit, etc. So awesome!

Update: Marvel has released the official release trailer. No more leaked trailers. It's official! Woo!

Wow, nice job, TK!

That is definitely going to be one dark movie. A lot darker than the first, that's for sure. I was surprised that Ultron's mouth moved while he was talking at the end of the trailer; I don't think the one from the comics did that, haha.

Also it's a shame that we didn't get to see a little more action other than the Hulkbuster/Hulk scene and some of the Ultrons, but they're probably understandably saving a lot for surprise and such. Pretty good trailer overall, though!

Wow, nice job, TK!

That is definitely going to be one dark movie. A lot darker than the first, that's for sure. I was surprised that Ultron's mouth moved while he was talking at the end of the trailer; I don't think the one from the comics did that, haha.

Also it's a shame that we didn't get to see a little more action other than the Hulkbuster/Hulk scene and some of the Ultrons, but they're probably understandably saving a lot for surprise and such. Pretty good trailer overall, though!

See that's the thing, I WISH they would actually go dark with these movies but they won't because then they can't sell to the kiddies. The trailer looks great, and them movie will be great but it'll be the same formula as the last 10 Marvel movies. 

Looks amazing. Reminds me I still got to watch the Hulk movie and the Captain America Winter Soldier one.

Are those Ultron as Jason mention or some new superheroes? And is that Ironman in bigger suit? So crazy.

See that's the thing, I WISH they would actually go dark with these movies but they won't because then they can't sell to the kiddies. The trailer looks great, and them movie will be great but it'll be the same formula as the last 10 Marvel movies. 

This. The trailer really does make it seem like it is going to be a bleak film, but unfortunately we all know that will not be the case.

• Like 1

This. The trailer really does make it seem like it is going to be a bleak film, but unfortunately we all know that will not be the case.

I dunno, guys, I've heard rumblings from Comic-Con and such that this is going to be a fairly dark film as far as superhero films go. Obviously, it won't be "R" dark, but Age of Ultron is supposed to change up the dynamic of the MCU and the Avengers themselves in a big way by the end, so I don't think everything will be happy-go-lucky like the first Avengers was by the end.

We'll see how it ends up, but you may be surprised at what they do with it.

I dunno, guys, I've heard rumblings from Comic-Con and such that this is going to be a fairly dark film as far as superhero films go. Obviously, it won't be "R" dark, but Age of Ultron is supposed to change up the dynamic of the MCU and the Avengers themselves in a big way by the end, so I don't think everything will be happy-go-lucky like the first Avengers was by the end.

We'll see how it ends up, but you may be surprised at what they do with it.

Trust me. It won't be. Sure they'll play up the "dark" aspects at certain points but everyone will be okay in the end and there will be plenty of wise-cracks throughout. It's a winning formula, why change it?

Watchmen was a fantastic film, sold terribly.

Trust me. It won't be. Sure they'll play up the "dark" aspects at certain points but everyone will be okay in the end and there will be plenty of wise-cracks throughout. It's a winning formula, why change it?

Watchmen was a fantastic film, sold terribly.

I'm not saying it will be bleak and end bleaker, but it's not going to be fun for the whole family and rainbows and sunshine by the end either. There'll be consequences to what happens, and Joss Whedon has said that while there will be some humorous banter here and there, by and large it doesn't follow the original's lighter atmosphere in direction.

As for everyone being there, the big ones certainly will be since they're locked into future movies, but I could see them killing off one of the minor roles if needed (Maria Hill, Jane Foster, etc.). And even though Cap, Iron Man, and such will survive, I don't think they'll come out completely unscathed in every aspect, which is more interesting to me in a way.