HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Will you still play Smash 3DS after the Wii U version comes out?

If you've watched Thursday's Nintendo Direct, then clearly you know that Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be the version to get if you haven't played the 3DS version yet (or even if you already own it, haha).

While I believe it does diminish the 3DS version in a sense, I'm still glad I played it and plan to try to finish as much of the challenges as possible. Will I play it beyond the Wii U version if I finish everything? I don't know.

If I'm able to finish most of everything (all trophies, challenges completed), then chances are I probably won't spend much time with it after the Wii U version releases. But there is something nice about having Smash on the go (or at least portable), so I may whip it out for a few matches every now and then.

What about you? Think you'll still be playing the 3DS version after November 21? If so, is there a clear stopping point for you (like 100% completion with challenges and such)?

Maybe when I'm not at home, but otherwise, nope. I'm glad I have it to make the wait for the WiiU version more bearable, but afterwards it'll mostly just take up space. xD

I'm glad I have it to make the wait for the WiiU version more bearable, but afterwards it'll mostly just take up space. xD

In that sense, I'm actually glad I decided to download it (versus having a physical box taking up space), although I can't sell it, but I knew that already and am fine with that.

Will definitely be buying physically for Wii U, though.

In that sense, I'm actually glad I decided to download it (versus having a physical box taking up space), although I can't sell it, but I knew that already and am fine with that.

Will definitely be buying physically for Wii U, though.

I dunno, a box taking up physical space may not be as bad as a game taking up precious memory card space. :P But I guess you can delete and redownload it whereas if I sell my copy that's another $40 if I want it back, lol.

But yeah, I'm buying a boxed copy for WiiU as well. As tempting as it would be to download it at midnight on release, I'll have class the next day so I might as well just wait until Friday afternoon and play it all weekend. Plus I just like having boxed copies anyway...and the memory issue is even worse on WiiU since external HDDs are more expensive than SD cards...

I'll never play it again, short of...long plane trips, or something. It's BAFFLING to me, how vastly superior one version is over the other. xD

• Like 1

I didn't get the 3DS copy because 1 I didn't want two copies of the same game and 2 I knew the full console copy would be way better anyway. Now I kinda wish I did get the 3DS copy so I could play with others and also the new rewards announced for having both giving you a soundtrack and Mew-two.

I probably would. You just might have a friend that only have the 3DS version. Plus, if you are going away and can't have your console, this is a consolation prize to it.

On the go, sure. But never while I am home.

I will probably never play the 3DS version again once it comes out.

My hands simply cannot handle much more of Smash on the 3DS.  The device is so uncomfortable for this type of game that it leaves my hand with residual pain at the base of the thumb for days after playing it.

I will, just not nearly as much as the other. Possibly when I'm out and about or when someone wants to play the 3DS version. But then again, there's Pokémon, so...

Haha I'm always the odd man out on these things. I'll probably still play the 3DS version more than the Wii U version when it comes out. I know that sounds batshit insane but I have reasons!

Reasons:

1. I play mostly handhelds these days
  2. My only interest in the Wii U version is for multiplayer (couch with local friends and you all + other online friends).
  3. Smash Run is the only game type in both versions that is appealing to me to play alone.

So uh yeah. Reasons.

• Like 1