HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Blazeknyt

Microsoft files new Battletoads TM

While it does not mean that Battletoads is coming back, Microsoft does know that it is important to hold onto the name. Think Battletoads will come back sometime in the future, or is Microsoft just holding onto the TM?

What studio would be good at bringing back Battletoads, and the notorious, crushing difficulty?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-files-new-battletoads-trademark/1100-6423494/

Rare. Why not Rare?

I'd like to get excited, but even if it did come back, it likely wouldn't be in the form of anything...good. The best thing they could do is re-release the original game (and maybe Battlemaniacs) on XBLA with online co-op. Anything beyond that would probably be a waste of time.

• Like 1

I loved Battlestoads even if it was impossible. Let's hope for something awesome.

I think this is what Rare is working on. They've been rumored to be working on something cool ever since the last Kinect Sports released, so maybe we'll hear about this at next year's E3 or something.

At any rate, it's been, what, 20 years since the last Battletoads game? Pretty crazy that they've waited this long to do another.

They never did release the arcade game. I wonder if Microsoft or Rare will do something like that as a way to bring hype to the potential new release. Or include the arcade game as a bonus feature in the new Battletoads.

If they made a new one, it would likely be geared towards the mass market and the mass market likes easy games. :(

Please re-release the older game or remake a new one.

• Like 1

Rare. Why not Rare?

Cuz Rare is owned and basically got lobotomized by Microsoft. 

Cuz Rare is owned and basically got lobotomized by Microsoft. 

Pretty much. Their first few 360 games were fun (VIva Pinata and such) but then MIcrosoft was like "hold on, if we keep letting Rare make whatever they wanna make, they'll make our cash cows look bad" and set out to completely destroy what was once a respected and much-loved developer.

Anyone think WayForward (Double Dragon Neon) or DoubleHelix (the new Killer Instinct gave them a great boost) could pull off a re-make? Maybe Platinum would be a better fit with how ridiculous Battletoads already is. Platinum already takes ridiculous and throws it into space.

I just want 2 things should a re-make happen:

1. All 3 toads be playable.

2. Co-op

Anyone think WayForward (Double Dragon Neon) or DoubleHelix (the new Killer Instinct gave them a great boost) could pull off a re-make? Maybe Platinum would be a better fit with how ridiculous Battletoads already is. Platinum already takes ridiculous and throws it into space.

I just want 2 things should a re-make happen:

1. All 3 toads be playable.

2. Co-op

Wayforward would make an AMAZING Battletoads game. I have little doubt. :D I haven't played the new KI so I dunno about Double Helix. Platinum would be...interesting, lol.

I think WayForward could do it. Hey, if WayForward ends up doing it, then they re-make both Battletoads & Double Dragon (ha pun!)

• Like 1

Prediction 1: Game Journos will love it.

Prediction 2: People who actually buy it will think it is mediocre.

Prediction 3: It will sell poorly.