HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Ludono

Game Podunk 2014 Videogame Music Trivia!

Game Podunk 2014 Videogame Music Trivia Contest

It's been a long time since I've done a trivia contest, so I thought I'd get one in before the end of November. In the above video there are 50 tracks from 50 different videogames, all of which were release this year, 2014. Using this spreadsheet to fill in your answers, tell me which game each track is from! That's it! This contest is open to everyone (GP Staff excluded), although if you live outside the USA I reserve the right to make changes to any prize you may receive.

WHAT DO I WIN?

In the spirit of Black Friday, I'll be giving away a $20 Amazon Giftcard for you put towards some holiday shopping. Alternatively if don't use Amazon or don't live in the USA, we can work out an replacement prize.

HOW LONG DO I HAVE?

So as to have aple time to score the contestants and give out the prize in time for Black Friday I will be closing this contest WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 26 AT MIDNIGHT EST (11PM CST, 9PM PST etc etc)

THE RULES:

1.This is a trivia contest, that means no giving away/sharing answers. If you do I'll have to cancel the whole contest, and that would suck for everyone right?

2.There are 50 tracks total. The highest scoring contestant wins (obviously).

3.PM me your answers, DO NOT post them here.

4. You may attempt this as many times as you wish (within reason, I don't want to have to recheck your answers 20 times) until the contest period is over.

5. In the event of a tie, there is the possibility of a tie breaker or simply splitting the prize.

6. Finally, if less than 5 people participate the contest will be canceled with the possibility of a consolation prize to the highest scoring participant.

HAVE FUN!

• Like 4

This is pretty cool, though I don't play many JRPGs and I have a good feeling most of these are from them as I don't recommend the vast majority. Might still enter if I can figure out even a few of them.

I will start Tweeting this out when I wake up. Thanks!

This is pretty cool, though I don't play many JRPGs and I have a good feeling most of these are from them as I don't recommend the vast majority. Might still enter if I can figure out even a few of them.

There are actually only a handful of JRPGs in here, and just about every other genre is represented as well... give it a shot, you might get more than you think!

I'm in, lemme just take a gander as to what you put together here, Luds.

Edit: Well then, that went a whole lot worse than I thought it would. It's a good thing I just listened to the sound track for one of the games you had, but wow. Literally only one game I knew for 100%. Bunch of others are guesses, and then just empty spaces. Orchestral and drums are my worst subject for remembering.

Woo! I don't recognize any of these! :lol:

• Like 2

I'm in, lemme just take a gander as to what you put together here, Luds.

Edit: Well then, that went a whole lot worse than I thought it would. It's a good thing I just listened to the sound track for one of the games you had, but wow. Literally only one game I knew for 100%. Bunch of others are guesses, and then just empty spaces. Orchestral and drums are my worst subject for remembering.

But there are a lot of ones with lyrics! :o

This reminds me of the anime one you did.

Wow, I know none of them

Cobra said this reminds him of the anime one so it made me remember a certain unfinished contest lol.

TK never forgets just like he said. When are you going to finish this one up?

Anyways this is pretty tough. I don't know a lot of them, but I've heard just a few familiar ones, but can't remember the names of the songs lol.

Cobra said this reminds him of the anime one so it made me remember a certain unfinished contest lol.

TK never forgets just like he said. When are you going to finish this one up?

Anyways this is pretty tough. I don't know a lot of them, but I've heard just a few familiar ones, but can't remember the names of the songs lol.

Oh geez, that was a thing. Yeah I think that one is well past it's expiration date..... maybe I'll still think of something to do with it though...

Anime songs I can do as you saw with the anime contest but game music......I don't really pay much attention to game music and only know the big theme songs of Halo, Metal Gear and Zelda. :( good luck peeps.

Contest is closed. Not a single entry. Guess I stay $20 richer today :/