HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Let's Talk Legendaries - Which Is Your Favorite? Least Favorite?

Question

Playing through ORAS as of late, I began thinking about Legendaries and how cool and mystifying they used to be in Red/Blue and Gold/Silver. But starting with Ruby/Sapphire, Game Freak began to intertwine each game's main legendary into the story, which meant that everyone would acquire said Legendary pokemon by the game's end (or make it faint) because they'd be forced to face it. To me, this kind of took the whole mystification out of Legendaries.

It was cooler when it was something that was post-game (or something you had to find on your own on the side). Remember when you found the legendary birds in Red/Blue (FR/LG)? Or you got Lugia/Ho-oh in G/S (HG/SS)? I dunno, getting Groudon, Kyogre, Dialga, Palkia, and the rest never seemed as interesting since you're forced into the battle by default. I'm hoping the next mainline Pokemon game doesn't continue this trend.

ANYHOW, I'm getting off-topic here. What would you say your favorite Legendary Pokemon is?

For me, I'd still say Lugia, mostly because of its cool design, haha. Latias/Latios are also pretty darn cool as well.

What about you? What's your favorite Legendary, and why?

• Like 2

13 answers to this question

I'm still new to the Pokemon scene so can't say. I will say I enjoyed dabbling in X&Y enough to pick up a few of the older DS and GBA titles so there's still hope. I didn't think I'd enjoy Pokemon honestly but I was wrong.

• Like 1

The coolest legendary is Mew, let us cut the crap Game Freak; when will we actually be able to capture him? Of what we can capture though, my favorite will always be Mewtwo. My least favorite is probably Ho-Oh. 

I'd have to say Darkrai. I love the little mini-story it gives you regarding him and Cresselia in D/P/Pt as well as his Nightmare ability. I even have him as a little cell phone charm on my Wii U gamepad for reasons completely unknown (since the only Pokemon game on Wii U right now is terrible).

For runner ups I'd have to say the legendary bird trio from Gen I, legengary dogs from Gen II, Rotom, and Genesect (he counts as legendary right? I forget).

For runner ups I'd have to say the legendary bird trio from Gen I, legengary dogs from Gen II, Rotom, and Genesect (he counts as legendary right? I forget).

Which of the three birds is your favorite? I have always been partial to Articuno. 

I think Lugia is my favorite too, but it probably has more to do with the game associated with it. I used to like Mewtwo a lot as well. I don't think either have particularly great designs at hindsight so I really just blame my nostalgic child self.

If I want to be more impartial and go purely off designs I'd probably say Darkrai, Zekrom, and Rayquaza are cool lookin'. I also like Celebi for unknown reasons.

Which of the three birds is your favorite? I have always been partial to Articuno. 

I'd go with Articuno as well.

As for the legendary beasts, Suicune is pretty cool but I've always been partial to Entei.

The coolest legendary is Mew, let us cut the crap Game Freak; when will we actually be able to capture him? Of what we can capture though, my favorite will always be Mewtwo. My least favorite is probably Ho-Oh. 

Absolutely agree. Mew is the best but of the ones I can capture Mewtwo is my favorite. Mewtwo is so OP.

It was cooler when it was something that was post-game (or something you had to find on your own on the side). 

What about you? What's your favorite Legendary, and why?

True story: In ORAS, over thirty Legendary Pokémon are obtainable, and twenty-six of them are found outside of the main story. Since there are so many, it definitely takes away the more "exclusive" aspect to them. But this concept seems right up your alley. 

My favorite(s)? Celebi wins, because time-travelling nature-lover. And because of the entire story told in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. And because s/he's the formerly most elusive legendary ever. Finding a legit Celebi of my own prior to HeartGold/Pokémon Bank was freaking. impossible. But I managed.

Now Mew takes that spot. Unseen in terms of Events since 2010; only three types of Event Mew(s) exist in America from 2005, 2007, and 2010.

And hey, Suicune has also been a favorite of mine, because this music is baller

I was with you, Ciel, until you said Ho-Oh was your least favorite. Wat? I mean, look at this fiery madness. The Shiny Ho-Oh I found in SoulSilver kind of epitomizes the second generation of Pokémon for me. It is Golden/Silver mixed.

Shaymin is just so friggin cute in its hedgehog form, so it wins for me.

tumblr_m709t8i9jN1ql2nzeo1_500.gif

I also like Moeletta's concept and design.

• Like 1

Shaymin is just so friggin cute in its hedgehog form, so it wins for me.

:o I completely forgot about Shaymin. Would definitely be my lady's favorite Legendary, so is top tier for me, too.

Especially since this was an anniversary present years ago:

swztl0.jpg

It's so hedgehogy and cute and fluffy.

:o I completely forgot about Shaymin. Would definitely be my lady's favorite Legendary, so is top tier for me, too.

Especially since this was an anniversary present years ago:

swztl0.jpg

It's so hedgehogy and cute and fluffy.

You just don't know how jealous I am right now.

Y'all go after all the cute ones eh?

Same actually, as well as Suicune for the beasts, though Raikou has a special place in my heart for being on my Gen IV "Weather team" (Pokemon with weather changing moves and weather ball)

Pft, of course.  I love the cute Pokemon far more than the badass ones.  I mean, look at my avatar!  ;)

• Like 2