HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

PSA: Error in Smash Wii U Can Cause Bricked Wii U's

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/12/02/report-super-smash-bros-wii-u-error-code-bricking-systems/

If you haven't seen it yet, be sure to check this out.

It's not anything too big to worry about, but basically don't turn your Wii U off in the middle of gameplay and then turn it back on again, and avoid For Glory mode for now as it seems that those are the reasons this error is happening.

Also, don't look into your data management for the time being; that was another thing cited as possibly causing the error.

Hopefully this will get fixed soon. However, you should be fine if you want to play online or just playing through Solo mode and such.

• Like 1

Man, that's a lot of caveats for something that is supposed to be minor. I'm probably not going to touch the game while it's raining in here in California because I don't want to be the victim of the game wanting to brick my system because of a random dumb power outage.

I only play online with you guys and don't turn it off mid-match (even I have my rage-quitting standards :P) so I'll probably be okay. It also sounds like it may just be linked to specific systems with manufacturing problems and mentions MK8 and Hyrule Warriors, neither of which have ever caused me problems.

How is this a minor problem, Jason!? Haha. Thank you for the update.

• Like 1

Knowing my luck the power will go out and that will count as turning the system off. Lol. I'll keep this on mind after xmas when I'm playing.