HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
John Kidman

Tokyo Otaku Mode - Free $5 for Sign up, bonus for referral.

I was browsing some websites today and came across this on a deal site.  Tokyo Otaku Mode is offering a $5 sign-up bonus for registering on their website, with a bonus when you refer people.  $5 may not seem like much, but there's plenty of options for freebies in that price range.  The way the initial post was worded, you get an extra $5 if you sign up via somebody else's referral link... but I haven't seen that posted on my account yet. So I've only put that initial $5 in the post.

There are some pretty neat things you can pick up for free.   I'm ordering this Attack on Titan Bracelet, but they have other neat stuff like DBZ Playing Cards, Megaman Keychains / Pins  or Mini Alpacas for Leah/Marcus.  

Anywho, here is my ref link: https://otakumode.com/invite/3ad58d

So... you do actually get $10.  The first $5 welcoming gift is, indeed separate.  Basically add $10 worth of stuff to your cart.  The first 5 will auto-come off then it will prompt you to use the exact amount in TOM money (on the left hand side of the order) at checkout. 

Some Attack on Titan Paperclips, Keychains are there.  Stuff is selling out pretty fast, though.

I don't think your referral link worked since I'm only seeing the $5 welcome, so I guess it's one-time use only. Here's mine if anyone wants to use it: https://otakumode.com/invite/3012f3

I don't think your referral link worked since I'm only seeing the $5 welcome, so I guess it's one-time use only. Here's mine if anyone wants to use it: https://otakumode.com/invite/3012f3

It worked, shows up for me.  When you check out with up to $10, it will take off $5 automatically and then you need to use the TOM points for the difference.

Aaaaaaand I'm the one that messed it up.  The embedded links messed it up.  I fixed the OP.

I used Ciel's link (since I figured Dyeknom already had a few referrals) and I got myself some Steins;Gate and Angel Beats weeaboo junk for a little under $3. But yeah, the $10 off was totally legit. I wish that site had more varied stuff that was less... well, Attack on Titan.

• Like 1

I used Ciel's link (since I figured Dyeknom already had a few referrals) and I got myself some Steins;Gate and Angel Beats weeaboo junk for a little under $3. But yeah, the $10 off was totally legit. I wish that site had more varied stuff that was less... well, Attack on Titan.

Appreciate that!

Prices are lower on the place I shop hobby link japan.

Prices are lower on the place I shop hobby link japan.

I prefer Amiami.

I prefer Amiami.

Never heard of it but it looks cool. I use Hobby link for Gundam models and I see none of those at Amiami but they do have tons of figures so shop a little at one place and shop a little at another.

Used the last person's referral code to sign up, which was... TK's, so yeah.

Not I'm tempted to preorder that Lucina figure for slightly off :D

...But I probably won't, because that's like a new video game right there.

EDIT: Here's my referral link in case anyone hasn't signed up yet. https://otakumode.com/invite/af4d65

Thanks Gai! Hmm it said invite people on refer link and get $5 TOM. It said you signed up and 4 other randoms, but didn't get any $5 TOM. Wonder if I did something wrong. How'd you get yours John/Venom/Rex? That refer link is from my first account I signed up under Venom. 2nd one I did under you and got both $5. Maybe I should have posted the 2nd account's refer link?

No one has used my link so I didn't get anything either so don't feel bad TK.

No one has used my link so I didn't get anything either so don't feel bad TK.

Oh well. Was hoping to get more $5 to get a AoT Nendoroid. After seeing your collection it made me want one. The question is who would be my first Nendoroid lol.

Do any of you want a coupon for $10 off a $30 or more order? I randomly got one 2 days ago (and forgot) and it apparently expires tomorrow.

Do any of you want a coupon for $10 off a $30 or more order? I randomly got one 2 days ago (and forgot) and it apparently expires tomorrow.

I got one too. I wonder if I used yours and mine it would be 20 dollars off or is it one coupon per order lol. Anyways still haven't got any TOM credit from people signing up. Oh well only time I'll shop there is from free credit lol.

Could I please, please have it! I want to get a Nendoroid and start blowing all my money on them. Also, TK, I have not either. Which is weird because I know people who have bought stuff using my link...

Could I please, please have it! I want to get a Nendoroid and start blowing all my money on them. Also, TK, I have not either. Which is weird because I know people who have bought stuff using my link...

Sent.

I wonder if it is because people may not have spent over $5 to get the credit for the referral (like I technically bought over $10 in goods but less than $5 came out of my own wallet).

Yeah. I posted a referal on cag and got gaia and 4 others to sign up. Oh well. Definitely would love to get a nendoroid someday after seeing Luds and Rex collection. Attack on Titan ones would be sweet lol.

No fair I didn't get a $10 coupon :( This place is super expensive I was going to get a Nendoroid that isn't on Hobby link but when I saw the $16 shipping fee I was hell no.

No fair I didn't get a $10 coupon :( This place is super expensive I was going to get a Nendoroid that isn't on Hobby link but when I saw the $16 shipping fee I was hell no.

Shipping from Japan and H.K. is always really marked up. I had Lud ship me a video-game that would have otherwise cost me $75. I just sent $50 to his Paypal account instead.

Well, there was a free shipping promotion for two or more orders. I got a cheap pin to make the shipping free. And I think I got that coupon because I bought something (like TK). 

Well, there was a free shipping promotion for two or more orders. I got a cheap pin to make the shipping free. And I think I got that coupon because I bought something (like TK). 

Yup. You get the coupon if you buy stuff.  :miao:

If only someone used my link then I could get one :(