HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

The Amiibo Thread - How Rare, Where to Get, etc.

I don't mind that but the eyes didn't really seem tor transfer to 3D as well as I think people might have hoped. He looks kinda dopey honestly. Makes me laugh when I look back and think of how he was considered to be rare for a bit.

I hate that I still don't have my favourite character rosalina. Hopefully the Amiibo restock helps me out since I will be better prepared for her rerelease.

I hate that I still don't have my favourite character rosalina. Hopefully the Amiibo restock helps me out since I will be better prepared for her rerelease.

Rosalina is one of my favorite characters too! High five! :D

I was fortunate enough to get her from Target (online, no less) the Sunday she released. The crazy thing is I woke up coincidentally just minutes after she went live on the site and managed to grab her that way. I still can't believe it to this day; waking up at that moment was a stroke of luck for sure.

Kinda sad how Diddy Kong has become the poster child for unwanted amiibo. Not coincidentally, he actually is my least favorite though; I'm just not a fan of his build quality (dunno, his build material looks really cheap, not to mention his, uh... "yellow" support stand).

I don't mind that but the eyes didn't really seem tor transfer to 3D as well as I think people might have hoped. He looks kinda dopey honestly. Makes me laugh when I look back and think of how he was considered to be rare for a bit.

Totally agree. The yellow support makes him look like he's wetting himself in a big way, and the eyes pointing in opposite directions do not help at all. I am a fan of the character, and hopefully they make another amiibo in the future.

Went into London (UK) about a fortnight ago and they had loads of DK and Peach everywhere, and nothing else. I trekked into the GAME in the basement of Hamleys, and they had a grand total of *three* amiibo. In total. If you're curious, they had DK, Peach, and ... Link. 

It's crazy. Everything is unicorn here and sells out on pre-orders alone! Mario is nowhere to be seen, and I've only ever seen one SMB series amiibo on the shelf (Toad, in my local GAME) and I bought it instantly because they are just that rare. Maybe I'm looking in all the wrong places?

• Like 1

Dunno if you guys saw this yet, but...

CHpaW-VUAAAZo0R.jpg

Apparently PDP is making Amiibo display sets. Gotta say, this is one of the cooler things they've done recently!

It's crazy. Everything is unicorn here and sells out on pre-orders alone! Mario is nowhere to be seen, and I've only ever seen one SMB series amiibo on the shelf (Toad, in my local GAME) and I bought it instantly because they are just that rare. Maybe I'm looking in all the wrong places?

Sounds like things are no better in the UK than they are here in the US. I hear things are better in certain European countries like Germany though. Someone tweeted a picture of a German store that had an entire wall of almost every Amiibo, and I was just floored by looking at it. o_o

Dunno if you guys saw this yet, but...

CHpaW-VUAAAZo0R.jpg

Apparently PDP is making Amiibo display sets. Gotta say, this is one of the cooler things they've done recently!

<3

DO WANT! 

Has everyone been paying attention to the whole restock business that's been going on? I managed to grab a Pit off of amazon and Little Mac has started to show up there for retail price as well. If you are looking for Little Mac, Villager, Pit or Wii Fit Trainer be sure to keep your eyes peeled!

• Like 1

Has everyone been paying attention to the whole restock business that's been going on? I managed to grab a Pit off of amazon and Little Mac has started to show up there for retail price as well. If you are looking for Little Mac, Villager, Pit or Wii Fit Trainer be sure to keep your eyes peeled!

I haven't been paying too close attention to my area since the stores here are famously bad at stocking any amiibo besides the ones that nobody wants.

I'm even sure if Marth was ever restocked in my area (he probably was, but I can't imagine it was widespread). :(

• Like 1

I haven't been paying too close attention to my area since the stores here are famously bad at stocking any amiibo besides the ones that nobody wants.

I'm even sure if Marth was ever restocked in my area (he probably was, but I can't imagine it was widespread). :(

That's unfortunate. Only way besides checking stores like a madman is basically spending all of your free time refreshing the amazon listings. Not the wonderful occasion that everyone assumed the restocks would be.

Marvelous. I need those display stands.

When is Zero Suit Samus suppose to be released?

When is Zero Suit Samus suppose to be released?

September here but she's already out in Europe and Australia gets her in late July. I have a friend in Australia who reserved her for me. She's been an awesome ally to have in this amiibo craziness. I just got a reprint Villager she found and shipped to me along with some Vegemite chocolate lol.

• Like 1

Wow it's crazy that you've never seen Mario in the wild. he's about all we see reliably here, with Peach, DK, Yoshi, and sometimes Link. Depending where you go there's usually a Sheik and a Zelda hanging out too though. 

https://corporate.bestbuy.com/dark-pit-amiibo-available-july-31-only-at-best-buy/

Ugh, it's official. Dark Pit is exclusive to Best Buy, and not only that but he won't be pre-orderable and will only be sold in-store.

Yikes.

Thankfully, I wasn't planning on getting him or Palutena, but this really sucks for people who want him. :(

Thankfully, I wasn't planning on getting him or Palutena, but this really sucks for people who want him. :(

Like me :(

I just heard. Man. It's gonna be a bloodbath. I'm not going to camp out all night but then again I'm not sure what choice I have. Just watch, the price on the import Dark Pits are going to skyrocket in 3...2...1...

I'm not particularly invested in Dark Pit or Kid Icarus so I am not too worried about picking him up. Falco, on the other hand, I am really hoping is not gonna be a store exclusive.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/237943-gamestop-ness-king-dedede-amiibo-stock-showing-up-today

Looks like GameStop will be getting restocks of King Dedede and Ness in on Thursday! If you missed either, I'd definitely consider a trip there or hitting up a friend to grab one for you if there are no stores immediately in your area.

• Like 1

The numbers on the Dedede and Ness restocks are also quite a bit better than the others so far. Each store is expecting to receive around four to twelve of each of those two figures.

• Like 1

Has anyone here ever imported Amiibo and gotten the wrong one shipped to them? That just happened with me earlier today; I was supposed to get Meta Knight and Ness, but they shipped me Meta Knight and Rosalina instead.

I'm wondering, is it worth it to return Rosalina? The place in question is YesAsia (which is based in Hong Kong), which they say they'll cover the shipping costs but only by reimbursing through store credit, which is kinda lame.

Mii Swordfighter went up on Amazon.de this morning, first and only wave 6 so far. 

Did everyone who didn't get Ness before manage to get him this morning? Dedede as well, I suppose?

I managed to get him just as the second round went up on the site; it was completely coincidental, much like how I got Rosalina right in the nick of time on Target's website back in March. I just hope GameStop doesn't cancel my order now, ha. xD

I grabbed a Dedede this morning. Nintendo seems to be getting their act together when it comes to these things.

I grabbed a Dedede this morning. Nintendo seems to be getting their act together when it comes to these things.

Yeah, if each wave gets at least one or restocks from now on, maybe this won't be so bad after all. xD

Glad to hear people are able to get Dedede too; he's one of the best ones, IMO.

Target went cray and decided to restock a bunch of rare-ish to rare Amiibos while I was goofing off at work.  I managed to get Rosalina, Jigglypuff, Wii Fit Trainer, and Marth.

I also got to grab a Ness yesterday, and my Japanese Lucina is apparently in transit (I went to Play-Asia to see if I could cancel it :P)

I'm... uh, surprised, to be honest, haha.  I'm going to use probably Ness to trade for Robin, then sell WTF, Jiggles, and Rosalina at slightly inflated prices (but prolly not standard eBay prices) to cover the extra I had to pay for shipping for Ness and Lucina, then I'll be more or less done until I fight tooth and nail for an Isabelle Amiibo.  It's pretty cool, I never expected to get a Marth at MSRP :P