HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Steve Bitto

Uncharted 4 PSX Demo

Here it is. The unscripted Uncharted demo from Playstation Experience. Definitely the most impressive part of the presentation. Many have speculated since the first teaser trailer as to where development on the game was and whether or not they could meet the late 2015 release. I think seeing the gameplay reassured and actually surprised people with how far along it actually is.

There has been some debate on whether it would have been better placed at the end of the keynote as opposed to the open. I thought it was great for the open because it basically said, "This is why you bought a PS4 but wait there's more." Honestly, I think it impressed even more than Sony expected. 

GOTY 2015? 

What were your impressions with the trailer and what can we expect from Uncharted 4?

For a second I thought Sony released an Uncharted 4 demo on PSOne. At any rate, I have played each game in the series, but I am not really looking forward to this one. Also, did they give Nathan more lines? He never shuts up.

The money shot here is when the camera pans out to the ocean and you can see the depth and the details of the water and waves below. Great stuff.

I actually still need to play through the other games in the series, but will definitely be playing through this one. But do we really think this will be the last game? It might be Naughty Dog's last game, and it probably will serve as Nathan Drake's final adventure, but I can't imagine that Sony will let it go to rest; surely other studios (Sony Bend possibly) will take up the series and develop other adventures that might have happened before this one.

For a second I thought Sony released an Uncharted 4 demo on PSOne. At any rate, I have played each game in the series, but I am not really looking forward to this one. Also, did they give Nathan more lines? He never shuts up.

Uncharted fatigue? Or is it that they're not doing enough different this time around?

Fatigue mostly? I do not know, really. I guess I am not that invested in the characters to care about them for a fourth time out. I mostly play the games because they are solid titles, but other than that I think they are... pretty overrated.

I enjoy the Uncharted games so I'll definitely be getting this one. ^_^ I've been meaning to replay the first three (I started the original but got sidetracked by some other game) so maybe I'll just wait and start my playthroughs a few months before this one drops.

I am looking forward to this. All I need to play is the third game and I will be ready for this one. Wasn't there at one point speculation that this game would be an older Drake? I don't think he looks older in this demo.