Photo

Who is getting Twisted Metal?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Bitto

Steve Bitto

GP Veteran

• Moderators
  • 578 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

Mine will hopefully ship out tomorrow and get here by the weekend! I was very impressed with the demo. The multiplayer is going to be super addictive and the story modes are supposed to be really deep.

Anyone else getting it and want to play me on PS3?

Posted Image

#2 barrel

barrel

Site Manager

• Moderators
  • 855 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:58 AM

I don't think I'll be getting it personally, since I was never a big fan of car battling games back in the day and have been unable to try out the demo (actually, I have been having difficulties logging in on PSN this past month, but I apparently can download updates no problem though...), but there has been some pretty positive reviews lately so I hope to at least gamefly it soon and see how it is.

#3 sirdan357

sirdan357

Podunk Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

The demo was okay but not great. It looks and plays like a PS3 launch title, but I did have some fun with it.

#4 Marcus Estrada

Marcus Estrada

GP Managing Editor

• Editor
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

I used to love all these kinds of car combat games so I'm really interested in it... But will I purchase it? Between grabbing a Vita there's not much room to squeeze any other games in so I'll probably have to wait a while. Maybe even until this gets a Greatest Hits version! But I hope that it's pretty fun for those who do have it. :D

Posted Image

#5 Steve Bitto

Steve Bitto

GP Veteran

• Moderators
  • 578 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

I used to love all these kinds of car combat games so I'm really interested in it... But will I purchase it? Between grabbing a Vita there's not much room to squeeze any other games in so I'll probably have to wait a while. Maybe even until this gets a Greatest Hits version! But I hope that it's pretty fun for those who do have it. :D

It looks like mine won't get here as early as I wanted it to. I was hoping to have a week to get into it before the Vita gets here but I might only have a day or two next week. Either way, I'm excited to play TM, Vita and Golden Abyss!

Posted Image

#6 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

Podunk Novice

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:22 AM

I was never a big fan of these car combat games, the closest game I can think of comparable to TM that I'll probably ever play is Mario Kart :P But I'm not one to completely dismiss a game - if I find a great deal for it I might buy it and give it a go.
Posted Image

#7 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

"Tee-Kay"

• Community Knight
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

I heard it's a good game and the story is short. I know Tyler complained about at GameDealDaily. xD

anime_gurrenLagann-simon_nia2.gif"With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!"

#8 Steve Bitto

Steve Bitto

GP Veteran

• Moderators
  • 578 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

I heard it's a good game and the story is short. I know Tyler complained about at GameDealDaily. xD

Yeah, I really wanted this game to be good. The story was weak and the multiplayer ran poorly. The actual gameplay of multiplayer is great if you can stay connected. I was very disappointed overall.

Posted Image

#9 Ciel

Ciel

"See-Elle"

• Community Manager
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

I used to be a fan of the series despite never being at all good at any of the games. They're fun for what they are, however. My brother-in-law recently picked up the latest one so I will play it eventually.

Up9VfSy.png

------------------------------------------------------

[ READING TODAY FOR A BETTER TOMORROW ]

#10 Emilia Clarke

Emilia Clarke

Perfection

• Moderators
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

Anyone tried the local multiplayer? I'm having a party soon and this might be fun to play with friends.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Well I will but after I heard that the single player mode was really short, it moved down on my list. I am more interested in getting the older twisted metal first. Play through that. Can't remember the one I played back then with my friend, but it was fun. Might have been TM 2.

#12 Emilia Clarke

Emilia Clarke

Perfection

• Moderators
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

Rented it for tonight, having some friends over for some 4 player Splitscreen. I'll report back the results :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image