Photo

Super Smash Bros. 4 Production Finally Begins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Kaptain J

• Video Manager
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

Now that Kid Icarus: Uprising is finally being released, guess what that means! That's right - it's now time for Project Sora to begin work on Super Smash Bros. 4! In a recent tweet, Super Smash Bros. creator and head of Project Sora, Masahiro Sakurai, made mention of this, stating how he's been looking over Smash Bros. Dojo while finishing up on Kid Icarus: Uprising as a sort of research before he begins work on the new Super Smash Bros. game.

Smash Bros. Dojo is, of course, the official website Sakurai used for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, on which the game was being revealed piece-by-piece leading up to the game's official release. And given Sakurai's tweeted statement, it can be deduced that he has plans on using it as the HUB for all the Super Smash Bros. 4 related news fans will inevitably be looking for in the months to come.

Nintendo hasn't revealed a whole lot about the new Super Smash Bros. title since the big announcement at E3 2011, which killed fans with an overload of anticipation. And as Sakurai mentioned in his past tweets, he had no plans on working on the game until after Kid Icarus: Uprising is out in the open. And since Kid Icarus: Uprising releases on March 23rd (March 22nd in Japan), expect plenty of Smash Bros. news before too long.

Have your anticipation levels risen from this news? How excited are you to hear more?

Source: Andriasang

Click here to view the article

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#2 Leah

Leah

Naoto's Wife

• Editor
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

Lordy I really shouldn't hype myself up like I did for SSBB, but I LOVED waking up every morning for those Dojo updates. If Sakurai did the same thing again shoot... I probably will get that excited again :x

Posted Image

#3 Jason Clement

Jason Clement

GP Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

The more I think about new characters, the more I realize they might put in a Rhythm Heaven-related character this time around, which would be completely awesome. If not, I would settle for RH assist trophies. :P
Posted Image

#4 John Kidman

John Kidman

Podunk Reader

• Editor
  • 446 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

Please do not hype me up until close to the release date, my poor cheeseburger-filled heart cannot take such excitement :)

#5 Leah

Leah

Naoto's Wife

• Editor
  • 374 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

The more I think about new characters, the more I realize they might put in a Rhythm Heaven-related character this time around, which would be completely awesome. If not, I would settle for RH assist trophies. :P

I would love to see a RH-themed stage at least... :3

Posted Image

#6 SeveranceZero

SeveranceZero

Podunk Builder

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:38 AM

I've never been one to drool over the SSMB games, tbh. I always find them fun and entertaining but they bore me quite quickly. I guess for me it's one of those games that if it's there, I'll play it for a little 30 min but then put it back down.

That being said I do love the new characters they add to each game, always had a blast unlocking or playing with the new ones in each. Would be cool to see a dragonball z character, since they pretty much had Sonic go SSJ with the power ball. But that won't ever happen.

Also, if you could do more with the stage editor, unless I'm mistaken...it capped pretty quickly and so I was left with 1/4th of the stage I wanted to create.

Though I won't buy it as soon as it's released, I'm sure I'll have fun playing it here and there :P

#7 Palmerama

Palmerama

Podunk Pioneer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:35 AM

I, looking forward to a new SSB! Absolutely loved Melee & Brawl! The amount of hours me & my brother put into it is staggering! If the Wii U has a decent online service then this should be a blast to play online! Which would be good as im an uncle now & my brother can't play!

#8 sirdan357

sirdan357

Podunk Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

Lets hope it turns out well. The 64 version is still the best in my eyes.

#9 Wchillinman

Wchillinman

Podunk Novice

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

I'm excited about the possibilities of a new Smash Bros. game. Loved Melee & Brawl, never played the 64 version on the 64 though. Hope it will be a version that can be played on the Wii & Wii U. If it is a Wii U exclusive, I hope the Wii U doesn't cost too much. The possibilities of characters is huge. They could bring back characters that didn't make the jump from Melee to Brawl, add characters from game that already had at least one characters in Brawl from such as Tails, Knuckles or Raiden since they had Sonic and Snake. Or maybe add characters from Nintendo older or newer games. Heck the possibilities are endless. They could even add Mickey since the first Epic Mickey was a Nintendo exclusive.

#10 mr.me

mr.me

Podunk Novice

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

They don't change very much from game to game, so I don't really care. What they need to do is make a full fledged Action-Adventure game out of Super Smash Brothers. That would be something to get excited about.

#11 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Kaptain J

• Video Manager
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

They don't change very much from game to game, so I don't really care. What they need to do is make a full fledged Action-Adventure game out of Super Smash Brothers. That would be something to get excited about.

How so? From the original to Melee, they added a lot of new characters, re-balanced each character to fit in with the new ones (as well as giving them more varied movesets), threw in a lot more stages, and a lot more. As for Brawl, they added even more characters to the mix, as well as new stages, re-balanced the old characters once again (especially Ganondorf and Falco, who just seemed like clones), introduced the first ever third-party characters, added a MUCH better adventure mode with a surprisingly deep storyline, and a lot more.

In other words, yes, they do change a lot from game to game. Just because they don't change it from the same fighting gameplay they've been doing to something else (and seriously, why would they?) doesn't mean they aren't different games.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#12 mr.me

mr.me

Podunk Novice

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:24 AM

Alright, I guess they do change a lot. I just remembered Final Smash in Brawl and that was pretty cool. It's probably just that I'm not a hardcore fighting game fan. I agree that the adventure mode was much better, mainly the story and cinematics, but ultimately it fell flat. I would like something deeper gameplay wise with lots of puzzles and epic boss battles.

#13 Ser Barristan Selmy

Ser Barristan Selmy

Kezins

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing Super Smash Bros. go portable. I have always enjoyed the games, but in short bursts. It's not the kind of game I can play all day long.
<p>twitter @will_snizek * kezins.zenfolio.com * instagram @kezins * Steam: kezins PSN: kezins * Favourite genre: SRPGCurrently Game On: PS3 / PC (Steam) / Mac (Steam) / Android / iOS / PSP / Vita / Wii U / 3DS / Personal Super Player/iPad Air/HTC One M7
http://www.gamefront...author/william/

#14 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Kaptain J

• Video Manager
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

Alright, I guess they do change a lot. I just remembered Final Smash in Brawl and that was pretty cool. It's probably just that I'm not a hardcore fighting game fan. I agree that the adventure mode was much better, mainly the story and cinematics, but ultimately it fell flat. I would like something deeper gameplay wise with lots of puzzles and epic boss battles.

Yeah, I agree that it could have had deeper gameplay. I love the gameplay style the series has already, but adding things like puzzles and bigger, badder boss battles would sure be an improvement in the 4th one.

Posted Image