Photo

Game of Thrones Hardcover Art Book Comes Free With Pre-orders for a Limited Time

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jason Clement

Jason Clement

GP Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 3,829 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

Atlus recently unveiled a limited pre-order art book for their upcoming title, Game of Thrones. Officially dubbed "Game of Thrones: Visuals from the RPG," the art book has 64 full-color pages of sketches, renders, photos, and screenshots along with commentary by the game's developers.

In addition, the book will include rare behind-the-scenes material, such as a portrait of the development team signed with a special message by author George R. R. Martin (of whom wrote the book that the game is based off of).

And if that isn't enough, the composure of the book is impressive, to say the least. It's 8.5" wide and 11" tall, hardbound, and meticulously composed as well as printed on premium stock. Atlus says that it goes above and beyond what you would normally get as a pre-order bonus and that it's more in line with what you'd find in a deluxe edition.

But if you want one of these limited art books, you'll need to act fast as they'll only be available for a limited time along with pre-orders for Game of Thrones from Amazon (US and Canada), Gamestop, EB Games, and HBO Shop.

Game of Thrones will release on May 15 for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

Posted Image

Click here to view the article
Posted Image

#2 Ser Barristan Selmy

Ser Barristan Selmy

Kezins

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  • Twitter:@will_snizek
  • Backloggery:http://backloggery.com/kezins
  • Steam:kezins
  • PSN:kezins
  • XBL:kezins
  • Wii:kezins
  • LocationHigh Hrothgar, West Virginia

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

I wonder if Game of Thrones will end up being any good. I'm usually a fan of stuff Atlus puts out, so I'll have to look into this. I honestly haven't heard much about it yet.
<p>twitter @will_snizek * kezins.zenfolio.com * instagram @kezins * Steam: kezins PSN: kezins * Favourite genre: SRPGCurrently Game On: PS3 / PC (Steam) / Mac (Steam) / Android / iOS / PSP / Vita / Wii U / 3DS / Personal Super Player/iPad Air/HTC One M7
http://www.gamefront...author/william/

#3 Number 905

Number 905

Pyromancer

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Backloggery:number905
  • PSN:Number905
  • XBL:Number 905
  • 3DS:0060-9632-5541
  • LocationJoliet, IL

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

I wonder if Game of Thrones will end up being any good. I'm usually a fan of stuff Atlus puts out, so I'll have to look into this. I honestly haven't heard much about it yet.

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the series, so I'm hoping it's good, but, man, I just don't know...
Posted Image

#4 mr.me

mr.me

Podunk Novice

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

I haven't heard a thing about the game, most likely it will be a cash in peice of garbage. I don't have HBO, so I should pick up the DVD and support the show.

#5 John Kidman

John Kidman

Podunk Reader

• Editor
  • 435 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

I had only heard this game in passing and still have not heard a whole lot about the content/what to expect. The show is pretty decent, so I will probably pre-order to snag an artbook just in case it looks promising.

#6 bink

bink

Podunk Builder

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

I've heard wonderful things about the show, and nothing at all about the game. Still, I think that the inclusion of a hard-bound concept art book is a fantastic addition to any limited edition game purchase. Gives you so much background into the making of the game and the game itself, and I wish that more games would offer this.

#7 smallpau1

smallpau1

Podunk Pioneer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

I'm tempted to get this, then 'return' the game to Wal-Mart, just so I can keep the Art book!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users