Photo

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Announced

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Wchillinman

Wchillinman

Podunk Novice

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

Posted Image

Wow, I'm surprised to see that a new Pokemon game was announced already and a version/part 2 at that but here it is. Comes out in Japan in June wonder when it will reach the states.

GameSpot talks about it here:
http://www.gamespot....-for-ds-6351075

#2 Number 905

Number 905

Pyromancer

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

A direct sequel and a DS game. It's hard to imagine a worse announcement.
Posted Image

#3 Jason Clement

Jason Clement

GP Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

Ah, I seem to have missed this thread before I made an article for it, but regardless, it's now in our official news thread as well. :)
Posted Image

#4 Direct Hit

Direct Hit

walk like a champion, talk like a champion

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

I'll skip this. I'll be waiting for gen 6.
AND ALL THAT I CAN SEE... IS JUST A YELLOW LEMON TREE!
Posted Image

#5 Andres

Andres

Podunk Novice

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

Its kinda weird to announce something like this... I mean a sequel and its a DS game?? Well its the first time a Pokemon Game having a actual sequel..... eh idk it could also be GameFreak milking more money and this is a distraction to the fans while they concentrate on making Gen 6. Just saying.

#6 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Kaptain J

• Video Manager
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

Perhaps they just decided to make Pokemon Grey something bigger?

Meh, I'll play this no matter what.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#7 barrel

barrel

Site Manager

• Moderators
  • 996 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

I think I'm the only one not too surprised. Granted, releasing DS games now only really makes sense to Japan probably, but I'm not too bothered since I'm still buying DS and PSP games nowadays (but... I don't think this game will be one of them). I can't help but be curious how Nintendo will market it if they bring it overseas, since they are pushing the 3DS so much and now they kind of have to take a step back for this game.

While I did like how the original Pokemon Black/White which made a lots of changes and little tweaks to the series that I liked, they did some take away certain things (mainly multiplayer related) I really liked from Soul Silver/ Heart Gold which kind of made me or my friends never feel compelled to go back to the game or be competitive after beating the main story. Even if my complaints are resolved in this game, can't say I care too much anymore. I might wait for Gen 6, or I might fall back into the "I'm too cool for pokemon" state.

#8 Direct Hit

Direct Hit

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

Perhaps they just decided to make Pokemon Grey something bigger?

Meh, I'll play this no matter what.

Or maybe they'll just ditch Pokemon grey and go ahead and release a new gen misty Pink/whatever on 3DS. I can't see them releasing B&W, B&W2 AND Grey, that'd be a cash-grab.
Posted Image

#9 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Kaptain J

• Video Manager
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

I think I'm the only one not too surprised. Granted, releasing DS games now only really makes sense to Japan probably, but I'm not too bothered since I'm still buying DS and PSP games nowadays (but... I don't think this game will be one of them). I can't help but be curious how Nintendo will market it if they bring it overseas, since they are pushing the 3DS so much and now they kind of have to take a step back for this game.

Well, considering the 3DS can still play DS games, I don't think it'd be too problematic. If B&W sold well, then the same audience is bound to buy these regardless of them not being a 3DS title.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#10 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:37 AM

Are those two the legendary pokemon or the ones you get to start off with? I would get this but no DS for me. Maybe down the line when I actually get one.

#11 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Kaptain J

• Video Manager
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

Are those two the legendary pokemon or the ones you get to start off with?

It's two different forms of the generation's third main legendary - Kyurem. My assumption is that he pretty much acts as the legendaries in both, just in his different forms.

Posted Image

#12 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

It's two different forms of the generation's third main legendary - Kyurem. My assumption is that he pretty much acts as the legendaries in both, just in his different forms.

I see, that's cool. I am so far behind on pokemon. Can't believe they got a third generation of legendary pokemon already. Not really sure which form I think looks cooler, maybe the white.

#13 Direct Hit

Direct Hit

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

Apparently, they're saying these aren't sequels but brand new games with "whole new story and features"...

Still don't care if it's not 3DS though...
Posted Image

#14 Number 905

Number 905

Pyromancer

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

Apparently, they're saying these aren't sequels but brand new games with "whole new story and features"...

That's pretty funny, what with the big ol' honkin' "2" on the cover and all.
Posted Image

#15 Direct Hit

Direct Hit

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

That's pretty funny, what with the big ol' honkin' "2" on the cover and all.

Most likely because it's not a new gen.
Posted Image

#16 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

I wonder what color will they think of for 3DS.

#17 InfernoChaos

InfernoChaos

Podunk Pioneer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

Seems like they just added a number to it instead of calling it Pokemon grey or whatever. This just seems par the course of how they do things. They probably just want to release one last game like this before moving onto the 3DS where they will have to upgrade everything up to the new systems specs.