63 replies to this topic

#1 SeveranceZero

SeveranceZero

Podunk Builder

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

So, I thought this might be a neat little thread, so what inspired you to pick your current username? Was it random? Your actual name? A reference to a game/movie/song? Or anything else! While some of yours are pretty easy to guess, I'm sure others will have an interesting backstory (maybe!?)

I shall begin with mine:

I used to play World of Warcraft and when they introduced arena's I picked Severance Express as one of my arena team names. I thought it sounded cool and it had a decent meaning, to cut off quickly, as in quickly dispatching the enemy. Or something along those lines.

Eventually, I got an Xbox and I liked the name so I stuck with the first part and cut off Express. My friend's name was VitaliusZero and so we thought it'd be fun to be the Zero clan, just for gimmicks. So I ended up with SeveranceZero! And now, I've grown to like it, so I use it as a common username.

Yes, yes, my story was convoluted and a bit of a bore, but I do look forward to seeing what others post!

PS: I am also Zero, Severance Package, Severus Snape, ME3 Hater among other things as various others have called me on here :D I welcome them all!

#2 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Are You Watching?

• Video Manager
  • 1,347 posts
  • Twitter:@KaptainJ
  • Steam:kaptainj
  • PSN:SirKaptainJ
  • Wii:KaptainJ
  • 3DS:5284 - 2393 - 6951
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

I got mine from...well...my real name.

Actually, for those who remember, I used to go by the name "Kaptain J" before I became an Editor. Where did it come from? Well, quite simply, the “J” stands for my first name. The “Kaptain” part came from me wanting to be known as “Captain,” for whatever reason. At first, I wanted to be known as “Captain Jordan,” so I put that as my name on MySpace (back before Facebook came to be). But then, I just shortened it to a simple letter “J.” When I went to put “captainj” in my new email address, it was apparently already taken. So I was all like “oh, HELL naw!” and replaced the “c” with a “k” and it stuck with me ever since. And it’s a good thing, too, because I’m a huge fan of the Donkey Kong Country series, which has a character known as Kaptain K. Rool.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#3 Direct Hit

Direct Hit

walk like a champion, talk like a champion

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • PSN:JohnnyC27078
  • 3DS:2277-6820-1992
  • LocationMexico

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:34 PM

Uh. Johnny Cage is one of my favorite characters of all media. And "Johnny" kinda matches my real life name. So that.
AND ALL THAT I CAN SEE... IS JUST A YELLOW LEMON TREE!
Posted Image

#4 Ser Barristan Selmy

Ser Barristan Selmy

Kezins

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  • Twitter:@will_snizek
  • Backloggery:http://backloggery.com/kezins
  • Steam:kezins
  • PSN:kezins
  • XBL:kezins
  • Wii:kezins
  • LocationHigh Hrothgar, West Virginia

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:43 AM

My username is my last name spelled backwards. I've been using it for many years.
<p>twitter @will_snizek * kezins.zenfolio.com * instagram @kezins * Steam: kezins PSN: kezins * Favourite genre: SRPGCurrently Game On: PS3 / PC (Steam) / Mac (Steam) / Android / iOS / PSP / Vita / Wii U / 3DS / Personal Super Player/iPad Air/HTC One M7
http://www.gamefront...author/william/

#5 Number 905

Number 905

Pyromancer

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Backloggery:number905
  • PSN:Number905
  • XBL:Number 905
  • 3DS:0060-9632-5541
  • LocationJoliet, IL

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

I'm a big fan of The Who and one my favorite songs from them is a little number written by John Entwistle called "905".
Posted Image

#6 Kiwi

Kiwi

Podunk Builder

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

Kiwi liked the bird.
Posted Image

#7 Sailor Liztress

Sailor Liztress

Sērā Senshi

• Moderators
  • 871 posts
  • Twitter:@TheLiztress
  • PSN:The_Liztress
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

Elizabeth is my first name. Prior to this, I had Lizzy and The Liztress as my usernames. Both are nicknames given to me by friends.

gallery_13_189_800699.gif

In the name of Game Podunk, I'll punish you

#8 Shane Leonard

Shane Leonard

The FPS Fanatic

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:Shane_for_Wax
  • PSN:N7Spectrewolf
  • XBL:HouseMDfan
  • 3DS:1891-1677-6846
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

Shane for Wax (the name I had when I first started)
A show called the L Word. It's no longer running but you can find the seasons from Amazon and such (you can watch them for free with Amazon Prime).

One of the characters is named Shane who is a hairdresser. A friend of hers owned a skate/surfboard shop named Wax. So, she started working there giving haircuts to the customers. Thus, she became Shane for Wax.

My current name is... well it's my birth nickname.

Posted Image

Beta Tester for 10 years. Game Reviewer for 5. Gamer for 20.

"We are all brothers under the skin, and I, for one, would be willing to skin humanity to prove it."

#9 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Are You Watching?

• Video Manager
  • 1,347 posts
  • Twitter:@KaptainJ
  • Steam:kaptainj
  • PSN:SirKaptainJ
  • Wii:KaptainJ
  • 3DS:5284 - 2393 - 6951
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

@Kat - Ah, so THAT'S where you got your avatar from!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#10 Dominic Dimanche

Dominic Dimanche

GP Member

• Editor
  • 62 posts
  • LocationGeneric Village, USA

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

Well, I got my name from the man I killed in a sword duel - just kidding, my parents gave it to me upon my birth!

Though, for the peeps who knew of me before, I went by Ordinary Gentleman. The name came from how I liked to see myself - nothing too crazy or off-kilter, I like games, movies, sports, and just everyday basic stuff. So, I went with that. And it sounded fancy.
Dominic Dimanche: Word Writer, Gamer, Professional P.Y.T

#11 Shane Leonard

Shane Leonard

The FPS Fanatic

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

@Kat - Ah, so THAT'S where you got your avatar from!

Yup. Avatar and sig. :-)

Posted Image

"We are all brothers under the skin, and I, for one, would be willing to skin humanity to prove it."

#12 barrel

barrel

Site Manager

• Moderators
  • 893 posts
  • Twitter:@barrelmaster
  • PSN:king_of_barrels
  • XBL:king of barrels
  • 3DS:1607-1869-6432

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

Believe it or not, I just may have a thing or two for barrels, possibly a fetish of sorts. (yes, the latter vid kind of shows the real reason. And no, you aren't getting your time back for watching either video.).

#13 Jason Clement

Jason Clement

GP Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

Believe it or not, I just may have a thing or two for barrels, possibly a fetish of sorts. (yes, the latter vid kind of shows the real reason. And no, you aren't getting your time back for watching either video.).

Now every time I see your name, barrel, I'm going to think of little girls running around saying "barrel!" and others saying "this barrel looks best from this angle, doesn't it?". :P
Posted Image

#14 barrel

barrel

Site Manager

• Moderators
  • 893 posts
  • Twitter:@barrelmaster
  • PSN:king_of_barrels
  • XBL:king of barrels
  • 3DS:1607-1869-6432

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

Yes. It actually did come from the Star Ocean 2 thing.

Now every time I see your name, barrel, I'm going to think of little girls running around saying "barrel!" and others saying "this barrel looks best from this angle, doesn't it?". :P

As you should. You wonder why I like games like Atelier Totori, well, you now know the real reason. it's definitely not because of the game it's because I like little girls who...*stops*...erm, I like barrels being appreciated, that's all. Don't read too much into it.

... Barrel... ... .... Barrel BARREL Barrel BARREL Barrel BARREL Barrel BARREL Barrel BARREL Barrel BARREL BARREL.

#15 Shane Leonard

Shane Leonard

The FPS Fanatic

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

I must now hurt you for taking my time like that.

Posted Image

#16 bink

bink

Podunk Builder

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

Yup. Avatar and sig. :-)

Ahh I thought that was you in your avatar and sig. And the gif image you posted in another forum, I thought "Whoa that's pretty wild to have a gif of yourself on-hand!"

#17 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

"Tee-Kay"

• Community Knight
  • 2,839 posts
  • Twitter:@TKtheknight
  • PSN:tktheknight

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

Well TK is my initials and nickname. My username is my gamertag for everything. When I first signed up for xbox live, I didn't know what name to use so I though of just using TK. It wouldn't work because it was too short so I figured out trying many TK's like TKtheking, TKthekiller, TKthekid, TKthekool, TKthekrunch, etc. Anything that made sense with my name. In the end I decided TKtheknight because for some reason it fits better than the others. If I had to change my name ever, I would probably change it to The Knightmare (I'm sure it's taken) so maybe xXTheKnightmareXx. Although not really fan of using x's. TKtheknight sounds about right to me.

anime_gurrenLagann-simon_nia2.gif"With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!"

#18 Shane Leonard

Shane Leonard

The FPS Fanatic

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Ahh I thought that was you in your avatar and sig. And the gif image you posted in another forum, I thought "Whoa that's pretty wild to have a gif of yourself on-hand!"

Haha. Yeah. It would be pretty wild. Nah. I wish I looked like Kate Moennig sometimes but nah. Just stuff I found online.

Posted Image

#19 Death Gun

Death Gun

Desu Gun

• Moderators
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationGun Gale Online

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Love the first vid!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 sirdan357

sirdan357

Podunk Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationMesa AZ

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

Sir Daniel Fortesque, from the PS1 series Medievil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users