• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:Shane_for_Wax
  • PSN:N7Spectrewolf
  • XBL:HouseMDfan
  • 3DS:1891-1677-6846
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

Apparently, there is questionable content in The Binding of Isaac. A lot more questionable than a lot of other games out there. At least, according to Nintendo. Edmund McMillen released a statement via Twitter that said that The Binding of Isaac will not be released for the 3DS. It is assumed by both Edmund and many other gamers that it has to do with the religious tones.

As some know, the story behind Binding of Isaac is a young boy is locked in a basement by his mother who feels she has been instructed by God. Of course, the game draws upon the religious story of the same name. I'm sure many are aware of the story of Abraham being commanded by God to kill his son Isaac. Same thing except with a mother.

If you want to play The Binding of Isaac then you might as well play it on your PC. You won't be getting it on your 3DS anytime soon, if ever.

Does this affect your views on Nintendo in any way?

Click here to view the article

Posted Image

Beta Tester for 10 years. Game Reviewer for 5. Gamer for 20.

"We are all brothers under the skin, and I, for one, would be willing to skin humanity to prove it."

#2 Kezins

Kezins

Kezins

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
  • Twitter:@will_snizek
  • Backloggery:http://backloggery.com/kezins
  • Steam:kezins
  • PSN:kezins
  • XBL:kezins
  • Wii:kezins
  • LocationHigh Hrothgar, West Virginia

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

It doesn't really change my opinion of Nintendo because they've been known to censor games in the past. It's just an unfortunate thing that they do things like this. The consumer should decide what content is appropriate.
<p>twitter @will_snizek * kezins.zenfolio.com * instagram @kezins * Steam: kezins PSN: kezins * Favourite genre: SRPGCurrently Game On: PS3 / PC (Steam) / Mac (Steam) / Android / iOS / PSP / Vita / Wii U / 3DS / Personal Super Player/iPad Air/HTC One M7
http://www.gamefront...author/william/

#3 Marcus Estrada

Marcus Estrada

GP Managing Editor

• Editor
  • 1,879 posts
  • Twitter:marcusboi
  • LocationSilent Hill, California

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

It doesn't change my view of Nintendo in particular. The entire game industry is like this. Although they are pretty open with a lot of things if a game gets rated AO that's basically a death sentence. So games self-censor themselves to get down to M. Unrated games aren't allowed on any console (unless the developer creates a shady workaround).

Nintendo has simply passed on this but no doubt many other games have been passed on in the past that were about the same level as Binding of Isaac, or even for smaller reasons. Hopefully as the industry continues to grow it will also mature to allow a fuller freedom of expression.

Posted Image

#4 Steve Bitto

Steve Bitto

GP Veteran

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • Twitter:@MRxDURDEN
  • PSN:TYLERxDURDEN
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...nding-of-isaac/

Now they are looking to bring the game to 1-2 Sony platforms!

#5 Jordan Haygood

Jordan Haygood

Kaptain J

• Video Manager
  • 1,363 posts
  • Twitter:@KaptainJ
  • Steam:kaptainj
  • PSN:SirKaptainJ
  • Wii:KaptainJ
  • 3DS:5284 - 2393 - 6951
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...nding-of-isaac/

Now they are looking to bring the game to 1-2 Sony platforms!

Big whoop.

This doesn't change my view of Nintendo at all. I mean, having a religious controversy with a story like this would be such a drag (Westboro Baptist Church, anyone?). Considering Nintendo is so family-friendly, this type of story would have had God-fearing parents everywhere fighting to get Nintendo banned forever :/

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users