Photo

Possible Assassin's Creed III Main Character and Setting Leaked?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Leah

Leah

Members

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Backloggery:Leah
  • PSN:Evadine
  • XBL:Evadine
  • Wii:2690 4954 3838 1010
  • 3DS:4038-6018-4468
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

UPDATE: Ubisoft has spilled the beans and Game Informer magazine has confessed that the image will be their cover story for April. So, it's completely true, folks! Hope you'll have fun assassinating some red coats.

According to Kotaku, they were sent rather peculiar images from a Best Buy employee that seemed to reveal a lot about the upcoming Assassin's Creed III title. An image not shown by Kotaku stated that Ubisoft would be make known the newest entry in the series on March 5th (which seems to match up with a post on the Assassin's Creed Facebook page) and that there would be pre-order bonuses for the game (what a surprise!).

The other image that was shown seems to be a piece of promotional art that shows what is most likely the new protagonist of this particular Assassin's Creed game. He appears to be Native American, with the fact that he carries a bow and arrow, tomahawk, and wears jewelry that would match the culture. There is also a colonial American flag in the background and the fact that the man is wearing an 18th-century military jacket; plenty of signs that point towards the era of the game taking place in the American Revolution.

Posted Image

It might seem a bit odd that Desmond's ancestry would switch from Italian to Native American (if that is indeed what this new protagonist is), but a lot of things in the Assassin's Creed games don't make too much sense. We can only wait and see what happens when Ubisoft makes their Assassin's Creed-related announcement soon and addresses these rumors.

What do you think about the possibility of the next Assassin's Creed game taking place during the American Revolution? Would you have liked to see Assassin's Creed III take place somewhere else (where would that be and when)?

Click here to view the article

Posted Image

#2 Number 905

Number 905

Pyromancer

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Backloggery:number905
  • PSN:Number905
  • XBL:Number 905
  • 3DS:0060-9632-5541
  • LocationJoliet, IL

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

That would be the dopest thing ever.
Posted Image

#3 sirdan357

sirdan357

Podunk Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationMesa AZ

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

That sounds awesome. The franchise was starting to get a little stale with the setting of the games. This would bring a fresh and original feeling to it.

#4 Leah

Leah

Members

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Backloggery:Leah
  • PSN:Evadine
  • XBL:Evadine
  • Wii:2690 4954 3838 1010
  • 3DS:4038-6018-4468
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Updated the post... :) Looks like Ubisoft decided to reveal that it was true after the leak.

Posted Image

#5 Barristan Selmy

Barristan Selmy

Podunk Jedi

• Members
  • 1,674 posts
  • Twitter:@will_snizek
  • Steam:kezins
  • PSN:kezins
  • XBL:kezins
  • Wii:kezins
  • LocationHigh Hrothgar, West Virginia

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

I love some Assassin's Creed, but not sure if I'm ready for another game. They just keep cranking them out. I'd like to wait at least 2 years between titles. I think they are going to really burn people out on the series. I know I'm already burnt out. Unless 3 offers something really new, I'll probably wait for the eventual price drop.

twitter @will_snizek * kezins.zenfolio.com * instagram @kezins * Steam: kezins
PSN: kezins * Favourite genre: SRPG

Currently Game On: PS3 / PC (Steam) / Mac (Steam) / Android / iOS / PSP / Vita / Wii U / 3DS / Personal Super Player

#6 Number 905

Number 905

Pyromancer

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Backloggery:number905
  • PSN:Number905
  • XBL:Number 905
  • 3DS:0060-9632-5541
  • LocationJoliet, IL

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

I love some Assassin's Creed, but not sure if I'm ready for another game. They just keep cranking them out. I'd like to wait at least 2 years between titles. I think they are going to really burn people out on the series. I know I'm already burnt out. Unless 3 offers something really new, I'll probably wait for the eventual price drop.

I agree, and I still haven't gotten around 2 or even bought the ones after it, but I am really loving the concept behind this one.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About

Friends of GP

Site Navigation

Contact

• General Inquiry
  • contact (at) gamepodunk (dot) com

• Press Related
  • gp.press (at) gamepodunk (dot) com

Site Info