Photo

Dragonball Z! What are your thoughts?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#21 Darklurkr23

Darklurkr23

The C.W.M.

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

Speaking of which.... they're comoing out with a Kinect game of this.

I can't help by wait to stand infront the TV with my hands out and I swear to god if it doesn't shoot a freaking kameheheahaha I'm walking away and smashing someting

#22 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

Heck yeah! Toonami days FTW! I cannot get enough DBZ. If it's on TV, gotta see it!

Yea, I will watch it again if it is on. Even though I know that there are so many plot holes. But that goes with a ton of anime/manga I seen and read. I can never get enough of those sayian going blonde haha.

#23 SeveranceZero

SeveranceZero

Podunk Builder

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Speaking of which.... they're comoing out with a Kinect game of this.

I can't help by wait to stand infront the TV with my hands out and I swear to god if it doesn't shoot a freaking kameheheahaha I'm walking away and smashing someting

I can just picture it now...your stance ready...your hands make the motion...you start saying Kamehameha in your head...then....

BAM - YOU REALIZE THE GAME IS DRAGONBALL Z DANCE! Dun Dun Dun....

Dreams shattered and you go into a raging fit, turn Super Saiyan, fly over to the companies HQ and proceed to destroy it. Then you realize you don't need a game because you are actually a Saiyan yourself!

...That is until your dream ends ^_^

Yea, I will watch it again if it is on. Even though I know that there are so many plot holes. But that goes with a ton of anime/manga I seen and read. I can never get enough of those sayian going blonde haha.

Everything has plot holes - the trick is learning to get past them and enjoy the rest for the entertainment it brings. Though in certain cases this may be quite difficult to do! The key is if you don't enjoy it, don't waste your time watching it :D

#24 Jason Clement

Jason Clement

GP Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

So does anyone know if they're going to continue on with Dragonball Z Kai, or was it only going to be 100 episodes long? I wish they could've kept going to the Majin Buu saga; they did so well with cutting out all the filler from the first run of the series. :P
Posted Image

#25 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:36 AM

So does anyone know if they're going to continue on with Dragonball Z Kai, or was it only going to be 100 episodes long? I wish they could've kept going to the Majin Buu saga; they did so well with cutting out all the filler from the first run of the series. :P

I kind of remember about DBZ Kai. I don't think I really watched it but I heard it was suppose to be the whole DBZ series again but without filler. I probably didn't watch it since I already saw DBZ so much. They should really just have reruns of dragon ball and then go to dragon ball z. I'll watch a bit a day if they air like an hour of it.

@Zero: Yea I do look pass the plot holes now. When I was younger I just didn't know better. But even now I am always like, man I wonder what his power level or rank is compared to another character in any anime/manga that has fighting involved. I'm always wondering who really is stronger then who haha. Then I realized how many plot holes there are for power level of each character. How one can so strong but then lose to some chump just because we have to let the good guys win haha.

#26 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

"Tee-Kay"

• Community Knight
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

DBZ Kai only covers all the way to Cell arc. There is no Buu saga sadly. I read somewhere DBZ series was suppose to end at the Cell saga thus no Buu saga. I was hoping Buu saga would be in Kai since I never finished that saga. Cell saga is my favorite story arc in the series too.

anime_gurrenLagann-simon_nia2.gif"With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!"

#27 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

DBZ Kai only covers all the way to Cell arc. There is no Buu saga sadly. I read somewhere DBZ series was suppose to end at the Cell saga thus no Buu saga. I was hoping Buu saga would be in Kai since I never finished that saga. Cell saga is my favorite story arc in the series too.

This too was Kirin favorite saga. That is how he got himself a wife :P.

#28 Blazeknyt

Blazeknyt

Podunk Builder

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

There are other anime that destroy DBZ in story telling and certainly in character development. DBZ is also plagued with such a huge cast that the characters didn't have room to grow. Only Vegeta, Piccolo (in the beginning), and Gohan (since he actually grew up) probably had much development.
I still go on a DBZ kick every now and then and just play Budokai 3 for a while as my battle game of choice. It may have a lot of plot holes and weird gaps, but you have to admit, it's a series with an impact (pun intended)!

#29 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

There are other anime that destroy DBZ in story telling and certainly in character development. DBZ is also plagued with such a huge cast that the characters didn't have room to grow. Only Vegeta, Piccolo (in the beginning), and Gohan (since he actually grew up) probably had much development.
I still go on a DBZ kick every now and then and just play Budokai 3 for a while as my battle game of choice. It may have a lot of plot holes and weird gaps, but you have to admit, it's a series with an impact (pun intended)!

Well, let's all face it. DBZ isn't a top anime by any means. For us all, it was probably how we got into anime and we were all hooked on that shonen jump action formula. If I was to rate it, it probably won't be in my top 10. It'll only make the list for nostalagic reasons.

#30 SeveranceZero

SeveranceZero

Podunk Builder

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

To each their own, I grew up on that show so that's what sticks out to me and I guess I'll be a bit biased because of that nostalgia. Also, I really don't like the argument where people say "Well so and so is so much better". If I enjoy something I'll watch it, I don't care if one or the other is better, all that matters is that I am enjoying what I am seeing. For me I've watched other animes (not many though) but idk there's just something about DBZ that sticks out to me, over the others...

Also, I never liked any of the DBZ games - to me NONE of them did the series any justice, especially the latest installment which is just an elaborate rock, paper, scissors game. They need to change their style and make a DBZish RPG where you can play through the different story arcs and such. Or it can be a spin off much later on (Like the Korean DBZ Online MMO). But just something different from the garbage they crank out every year just to make some cash.

I had more fun playing a DBZ minigame on the custom maps of Warcraft: The Frozen Throne, when that was the current game. Some of them were pretty elaborate, you'd go around train and level up and when you were able to ascend to Super Saiyan and such, the ground would shake and crumble, the yellow aura would start to glow brighter and surround you more, and the music would que in perfectly and to me that was so much fun - all of that is just so awesome to me. Then you could go around fighting others or fighting npc's and stuff, was pretty cool. I never experienced that with any of the DBZ console games.

But the filler was so great! "Next time on Dragon Ball Z" kept you waiting in suspense! Hahaha

#31 Asura

Asura

Podunk Pioneer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:56 AM

If you asked kid me, I would have said it's the greatest. However, adult me says it's okay but definitely not great at all.
It is okay in action whenever there is fighting but we all had to sit through a crapload of dialogue or charging up before that happens. Just get to the damn fight scenes! That's what I think even to this day. After watching other anime or reading other manga, one starts to think man the DBZ/GT story isn't that great. In terms of character development, everything is biased towards the Son family winning the major fights against the big villains which drops the wow factor alot. It was always Goku that won, then later on Gohan. Towards the end, the crown went back to Goku. If the series continued on, Goten would have been the next one to win the most. All the other fights that the side characters seem insignificant when the enemy they fought were minor level thugs. It is unfortunate that the Vegita family, Piccolo, Pikon, Uub were not many opportunities to shine as high level fighters even though on paper they were said to be as powerful as the Sons until the next powerup level was reached. I felt other anime or manga at least tried to make the victories for the supporting cast appear to be just as important as the main battle.
Got to agree that it only makes the list for nostalgia reasons and that it is a common gateway to action anime.

#32 gaiages

gaiages

Shocking!

• Members
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

What do I think of Dragonball Z?

Hold on, lemme charge up my thoughts.

Spoiler

Seems like a good enough show, but too much filler. If you're interested in it, I suggest watching Dragon Ball Kai instead... haven't watched it myself, but it's basically a remake of Z without the filler. There's... a lot less episodes.

jolty_zps5ef9881c.png

#33 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

What do I think of Dragonball Z?

Hold on, lemme charge up my thoughts.

Spoiler

Seems like a good enough show, but too much filler. If you're interested in it, I suggest watching Dragon Ball Kai instead... haven't watched it myself, but it's basically a remake of Z without the filler. There's... a lot less episodes.

You have to agree though, it had some epic moments. Like when Mystic Gohan showed up and basically told Majin Buu that he was going to kick his bleep :P. Or when Goku showed Buu his SS3 form.

It is a shonen jump series and it will give you fillers. Plus, they will always bring back the main character and they will always be stronger. Not many of the good guys will die. You always get cliffhanger each weeks. Boy I'm such a sucker for this formula.

#34 sirdan357

sirdan357

Podunk Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

I like the Cell Saga the best. When future Trunks showed up it was pretty darn sweet and you just knew that the scale just skyrocketed.

#35 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

I like the Cell Saga the best. When future Trunks showed up it was pretty darn sweet and you just knew that the scale just skyrocketed.

I think the part after Cell stepped on Android 16 (I think that was his number) head was so amazing. Because you finally see that was the deciding moment that tipped Gohan over and would finally help him have the powers to take down Cell. And then you realized this whole time Goku was just trying to bring out Gohan ability. I never saw that coming.

#36 Imst

Imst

Podunk Novice

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

I love Dragon Ball Z, for me it's a legend and Goku is the strongest of all characters. I watched all the series until the end, it's very long but it's worth it. The movies are also great most of all the latest movie that they released. I started loving anime because of this series and I agree with others when I watched DBZ before I really wish I'm one of the characters that will save the earth.

#37 DarkCobra86

DarkCobra86

King in the North

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

I started loving anime because of this series

I'm pretty sure this is how majority of us got started on anime.